SCO medical district safe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

London22

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. I have an interview coming up with SCO and I'm staying in the medical district near the school.
Is this safe? I couldn't find anything bad in the reviews.
I'm going by myself and never been to Memphis before. Also a female and not very intimidating looking at all lol but I do have street smarts from where I grew up and currently live.

Are the bad areas mostly farther away down in southern Memphis/airport area?
Always heard Memphis had one of the highest crime rates per 100,000 people in the US. Nothing I read online sounds good but I doubt I will even be near those areas? I can't seem to tell.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
I am also a female and felt safe when I went there for my interview! I walked around the area by myself and felt completely fine.
 
I flew there back in the day for my part III NBEOs. I had the same concerns as you. Stayed in the hotel the entire time except to come out for the test on the various days, and to eat.