Architecture major getting into Australian Grad Entry Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehwalrus

Non-Trad
Reaction score
I completed a Bachelor of Architecture degree in the US and considering the option of applying to grad-entry medical schools in Australia.

I want to know more about fulfilling science prerequisites for admission to grad entry programs. I don't see any REQUIRED prerequisite for most programs, only RECOMMENDED subjects (1 year of physics, 1 year of biology, 1 year of chemistry etc.). I did not think about applying to medical school during college, but have taken some science courses through engineering. I have taken SAT biology, AP chemistry, did 1 year of physics in college, 1 year of high level math, 1 semester of biology, and NO chemistry in college. Do grad-entry admissions care more about whether I have taken specific science courses and what grades I got for those specific courses, Or, do they mostly care for a high GAMSAT score and high GPA?

My GPA is 3.62 on 4.0 scale. and will allow myself another year to prep for med school if I decide on this track. I am a Hong Kong citizen applying to become Australian PR. Thought I would state this since I read about many talking about the international student internship crisis.

Another question regarding international student internship crisis. If I apply to school as an international student, but by the time of medical internship, I become an Australian citizen. Will getting an internship still be unlikely for me?

Members don't see this ad.