Are any U of Utah residents on sdn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keeping-it-real

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how the program is coming along and how you guys/gals are liking it.

Members don't see this ad.

keeping-it-real said:
I'm curious to see how the program is coming along and how you guys/gals are liking it.

Heh. I'm not a resident there, but I've been to the pedi EM meeting they hold in Park City. Clearly one of the best conferenes EVER 'cause the lectures are great AND I get to ski.

Is the program on my fellowship list... hells yeah!

Hey, I am one of the Utah ED residents. What specifically do you wish to know.
Overall, It is great.
The best part is the attendings here. Really good people and really excited about the residency and teaching. They really take alot of imput from the residence about the direction of the residency.
They really care about us as people and are wellbeing.

let me know what questions you have
lukin

Thanks for the offer.

The schedule is great, we have 9, 8 , 7 hour shifts in the ed. usually 22 a month, but I think it is 18 on peds months. Typically you are out of there an hour after your shift ends, 2 hrs on a busy day. In our 2nd year we do a few shifts a month in the Peds ED to stay fresh. We also fly/EMS every couple of shifts.
off service is off service. depends on what it is. Most of our off service is ICU so we work alot.

As far as other fellowships, there is talk of starting a wilderness medicine, EMS, and also of doing an optional 4th year similar to what Beth Israel is doing where you are like a Jr. Attending.

The pathology great, your right to say it is not Knife and gun club all the time. but I have been shocked by how much penetrating we get. (more than Harborview in Seattle where I went to med school) But we do see more blunt than penetrating . I am also a first year so I have not done a full rotation at LDS hospital or UU in the ED I have been totally off service. But I have been on Ortho and Burn/Trauma so I am in the ED a bunch.
I guess I would not worry about being busy enough or seeing enough pathology here. there is always plenty of patients to see and lots of very sick patients.

hope this helps
How do I fill out the EMRA thing?
any other questions are welcome
let me know
lukin