Are Chad's Videos on Coursesaver Outdated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qazzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to delve into Chad's videos and was wondering are they outdated? If so what should I be using for videos on chem and ochem excluding BC.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I used Chad's videos on his own website, the ones that have been more recently updated. The orgo videos were updated last year, and the gen chem videos a few years earlier. The entire video series is free, and he teaches you about 90-95% of what you need for the DAT. Here’s the YouTube link: Chad's Prep

You can also go to chadsprep.com and make a free account. If you go to the ‘basic’ organic chemistry/general chemistry course you can also see all of the videos for free, it’s a bit more organized than a YouTube playlist. The only thing you have to pay for is the questions if you want them, last time I checked they were $10 per month for both gen Chem and Orgo combined.

Taking notes from the updated videos was enough when combined with the Bootcamp questions for me to score well.

edit: I should note that the videos were not specifically made for the DAT but they are probably the best free resource for the DAT. I used them to learn the vast majority of the material for OC and GC, and supplemented the videos with BC questions.

Reactions: 1 users
About to delve into Chad's videos and was wondering are they outdated? If so what should I be using for videos on chem and ochem excluding BC.

Thank you
We also offer free Orgo and GC videos on youtube specifically for the DAT .

Nancy, co-owner, Orgoman,LLC, DAT Destroyer

Whenever you have access to free resources, you have to use it. A topic like Organic Chemistry has not changed for our purposes for a very long time. And so the videos are still more than relevant. It just depends on the teaching style of the person who has done the videos and if it aligns with your learning style!

Reactions: 3 users