are kaplan full lengths reflective of your actual test-day score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koala37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

so i am taken this exam twice and completed all the aamc's. now i am doing all the kaplan full lengths and my scores are improving. the problem is i feel like kaplan's scoring scale is a lot easier and that my scores are not really refelctive to what i will score on testday. i am going back and doing the aamc's but i dont know how fruitful that will be. any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

if you go back to the aamc tests that you already took, then just look those over in hopes to learn from your mistakes. There are a lot of trends in the mcat and it shows on the aamc tests as well.

If you have a subject matter that you keep missing questions on, then just focus on that. The best way to improve is the post CBT analysis. At least, that is what I've been doing for the last five days of CBTs. Today, I am just looking at my mistakes. I've found that I miss a lot of questions (over the same topic). So, now that I know what I need to study... I shouldn't miss those questions on tomorrows CBT. Scores should improve.... including my MCAT results. :xf:

Good luck. I hope you do the same.

PS. I've read what people on here have posted as far as kaplan scores. There was a guy who took one every other day and made mid- 30s. He ended up making around (but a little lower) than his average on kaplan. Though, my advice is to never be happy with your scores... and learn from them.

Hey everyone,

so i am taken this exam twice and completed all the aamc's. now i am doing all the kaplan full lengths and my scores are improving. the problem is i feel like kaplan's scoring scale is a lot easier and that my scores are not really refelctive to what i will score on testday. i am going back and doing the aamc's but i dont know how fruitful that will be. any thoughts?

their scales are lenient, but the tests are very hard. so i think they are a decent predictor.