Are medical students attractive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I look almost like my avatar. Aren't I hot? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

song-chart-memes-girl-paradox.jpg
song-chart-memes-girl-paradox

:laugh: :lol:. This made my day. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
this thread is probably the dumbest in SDN history. I mean don't you know im an Adonis:p

He works for A&F... and folds clothes :laugh: jk

Ugh I used to be a "Model" for A&F in college to earn some extra cash...it's like the most annoying job ever....

I got so sick of the smell and the loud music I often took naps in the dress rooms lol!!!!

He works for A&F... and folds clothes :laugh: jk

haha...how did you know? lol.....no i'm not an A&F model. i actually was offered a jump at Hollister.....the job offers there are so dumb. you walk in there and if you look halfway decent and know how to dress, they just walk up to you and ask you if you want a job.....i definitely turned it down. and they make minimum wage. screw that lol

Hahaha, this is awesome! But sad because it's true.

Also there are plenty of attractive people in my major (biology). There are a few that even when they don't take care of themselves for the day or two around an exam, they still look amazing. Hell, I'm pretty sexy myself. :laugh:

i hope the gen pop at med school is more attractive than the gen pop of sci majors at my UG.

ps: i work at victoria's secret...seriously.

If we end up in the same med school you won't be disappointed with me. :cool:

I know I look good, and med school is not going to change that. I love the compliments that I get. My ego requires 2 descriptions nice looking and damn she's an MD too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::love::love::love::love:
accepted 2014

Cool. CUNY rocks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind attractiveness is a matter of perspective, as well. I wouldn't touch some of the girls my roomate brings home.

haha...how did you know? lol.....no i'm not an A&F model. i actually was offered a jump at Hollister.....the job offers there are so dumb. you walk in there and if you look halfway decent and know how to dress, they just walk up to you and ask you if you want a job.....i definitely turned it down. and they make minimum wage. screw that lol

That can't be a recent thing b/c they got sued about that. They are no longer allowed to recruit anyone on the spot. So if you did get recruited it had to be like more than 1-2 years ago.

What is sad is that being a manager at A&F or Hollister requires a BA and makes the same amount of money doing lab work as a lowly tech.....

Btw I forgot to add, by this graph, if we can't get all three, us guys should at least go with the smart nice ones, cuz when the smart good-looking ones get old they become smart and annoying, the nice and good-looking, become nice and dumb, but if you start with someone nice nd smart- they stay nice and smart, and since they weren't too good-looking to begin with, who cares!?

Overall, I've found that medical students are well put together. I've only ever seen 1 obese medical student. Tragically, at my school, we have many hot guys, far more than hot girls.

everyone looks good with the right combo of hairstyle, clothing, figure, grooming, etc.

Med students are extremely smart and thus are able to figure out the magic combo

everyone looks good with the right combo of hairstyle, clothing, figure, grooming, etc.

Med students are extremely smart and thus are able to figure out the magic combo

haha that's funny

Okay I am transferring to your school....nothing like eye candy for the lonely nights LOL

Overall, I've found that medical students are well put together. I've only ever seen 1 obese medical student. Tragically, at my school, we have many hot guys, far more than hot girls.

Everything about your post is laughable. Everyone looks good w/ the right hair and grooming? For real? A 400lb lady will look just stunning if she just put on darker eye shadows.

And med students are extremely smart that they can all dress well? Smart compared to you? How many Nobel prize winners are known for their dashing sense of style?

Everything about your post is laughable. Everyone looks good w/ the right hair and grooming? For real? A 400lb lady will look just stunning if she just put on darker eye shadows.

And med students are extremely smart that they can all dress well? Smart compared to you? How many Nobel prize winners are known for their dashing sense of style?

Take it easy bro.

The guy posted a light hearted/joking post and you come out and like interrogate him about its validity.... unless I missed it and your post is sarcastic????

There is always one in the crowd.....I know some people might be stressed during this period, but lighten up. I hope that when people get into school they learn to get a sense of humor.

BTW yes everyone can look better by fixing themselves up, and enhacing features they already have no matter your size, age, height, etc etc....I know I look good without my fake eyelashes, but when I get them on BAM I am lethal. I have to go get them done as soon as I leave work today. The price of beauty LOL

Last edited:
I've only seen one attractive female doc so far (she was on a reality show a few years back... Temptation Island?) so I'm gonna have to say 'No.' :scared:

I've only seen one attractive female doc so far (she was on a reality show a few years back... Temptation Island?) so I'm gonna have to say 'No.' :scared:

Sample size bias? Anyone?

when i interviewed at Case there was a very attractive MS1 wearing scrubs who groggily said hi to us :love:

At my state school, I've felt the admissions process has been a bit suspect. I've been to other medical schools, seen their students, and there are usually a few good looking guys and girls in a class of about 150; perhaps other medical students will agree that a good, round number for each sex in a class is 5. But in my class, the percentage of good looking guys is near 20%. Things like that can't just happen by random. There must be a selection pressure for better looking male doctors at my school.

...I'm not gay, I just notice these things :rolleyes:

At my state school, I've felt the admissions process has been a bit suspect. I've been to other medical schools, seen their students, and there are usually a few good looking guys and girls in a class of about 150; perhaps other medical students will agree that a good, round number for each sex in a class is 5. But in my class, the percentage of good looking guys is near 20%. Things like that can't just happen by random. There must be a selection pressure for better looking male doctors at my school.

Well...time to hit the gym before my Jan. 8th interview. :cool:

when i interviewed at Case there was a very attractive MS1 wearing scrubs who groggily said hi to us :love:

Haaaa. But no one said anything back. :cry:

(Don't mind me while I automatically assume you were talking about me.:smuggrin:)

If you are a guy and have numbers down about what percentage of guys look good at different schools that's pretty gay.

EDIT: but to quote Seinfeld "not that there's anything wrong with that"

If you are a guy and have numbers down about what percentage of guys look good at different schools that's pretty gay.

EDIT: but to quote Seinfeld "not that there's anything wrong with that"
Are you a big girl or a bi gal? I'm confused about your name lol

Anyway it makes sense that medical students are going to be less attractive than the general population. Common sense.

That can't be a recent thing b/c they got sued about that. They are no longer allowed to recruit anyone on the spot. So if you did get recruited it had to be like more than 1-2 years ago.

What is sad is that being a manager at A&F or Hollister requires a BA and makes the same amount of money doing lab work as a lowly tech.....

correct! this was when i was a sophomore in college....so three years ago, in Tucson.

and yes, that is very sad. lots of issues with compensation in the work field, but thats another story lol

A wise man once told me:

Whatever you do in life . . . Never . . . Ever . . . [insert four letter word here] where you eat . . .

Hope passing this helps someone thats planning on shacking up with his/her own kind in class.

Go to the school with the best undergrad looking people. USC comes to mind.

Go to the school with the best undergrad looking people. USC comes to mind.

what about the school across town.. UCLA

A wise man once told me:

Whatever you do in life . . . Never . . . Ever . . . [insert four letter word here] where you eat . . .

Hope passing this helps someone thats planning on shacking up with his/her own kind in class.

I agree... Just think of some of the awkwardness/gossip that resulted from dating in the UG world where the population was large. What would four years of that be like in a small class where every body knows your name?

Yeah one of my friends dated a guy while in med school and he got caught cheating with another fellow student he was a theirdyr my friend was a 4th and the other girl was a freshman.....talk about drama!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha the graphs in this thread are just great. Undergrad was pretty well balanced with it's Bio and Pre-Med population. However, even with that I generally didn't date within my major...not by my own bias, it just didn't work out that way.

As others have said, don't think you're going to walk into med school with only the single females in your school to choose from. You're going to be spending a lot of time with your classmates, most likely in AND out of class. This means the way you should look at is this: On weekends you will have a whole team of wingmen/wingwomen.

Of course, if you REALLY want to land a lady close to home against previous advice, your best bet is to take the initiative and strike early before all the smart, hot, nice girls are taken. I'm pretty lazy with romance, so if we end up at the same school, don't expect any real competition from me lol.

I don't know about attractive, but I can tell you that my med school class has 0 people who have BMI of above 25. I know we're young, but we're a healthy bunch.
My class only has 2 or 3 people that are visibly overweight. weird.

why all the hate for the thick people? I've met a lot of thick guys and girls that I thought were attractive.

im a bio major and im pretty hot! and so are the guys in my dept (hope my husband isn't reading this lol) where do you go to school again? at my school its about a fifty/fifty: hot-well manacured/not so hot- sweats and a pony tail. I would hope the sweats wearing people (im one of them usually only during finals week) get the picture a/b med school being a more professional setting and make more of an effort once there.

I'm pretty hot. I'm a brad pitt/Johnny Depp/Joseph Smith hybrid. My pics are on the other thread if anyone wants any kids....