Are my prerequisites too old?

Started by MPH 2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MPH 2010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for the DPT in Virginia and I majored in microbiology and biology as an undergrad. I graduated in 2005 but I took the DPT bio and chem prereqs in 2000-2001. Do I have to retake them? One college I am applying to says they have to be completed within the last eight years...any experiences or thoughts?
 
It all depends on each school. I would contact those you are interested in and confirm with them. Because of your major, some of your upper level bio and chem classes may be acceptable replacements.
 
I am applying for the DPT in Virginia and I majored in microbiology and biology as an undergrad. I graduated in 2005 but I took the DPT bio and chem prereqs in 2000-2001. Do I have to retake them? One college I am applying to says they have to be completed within the last eight years...any experiences or thoughts?


yeah a lot of schools I talked to including the one I am attending said 5 years!!..definetely call!..it honestly might be better for your own benifit if you ask me!..i would be dying in anatomy if i hadnt just taken it!..i couldnt imagin being 5 years out!