Quantcast

Are Post-Bac classes better than Bac classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubba5

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I decided over a year ago to switch from technology management to Dentistry and started taking my pre-reqs. I only have 4 more classes for my bachelors degree in Tech Management and am wondering if I should finish those now or spread them out over the next year and a half while taking pre reqs.
My sciences are average sGPA is 3.4 so far. Would it be wise to just finish the bachelors degree so I can claim Post Bac status?

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
post-bacc classes are not better than your typical undergrad..... They are both looked at the same way.

The ONLY possible advantage post-bacc has to offer is upward trend (but then again, thats purely dependent on your work ethic). So if you have good grades throughout undergrad, post-bacc ain't gonna make a difference. Its just gonna allow you to take more classes.

On the other hand, the possible disadvantage of post-bacc is.... post-bacc credits (I believe) are more expensive than undergrad ~ because you are considered a super-senior.