Are schools still interviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Profchaos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been a month that I haven't heard anything, at all from all the schools. It just seems like they are suddenly so quiet~ sigh~ anyone please give me some feedback, I'm still waiting for more interviews~ especially around the north part of California area, come on, miracle always happens I know. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I heard Tufts just handed out a bunch of interviews... but not to me, unfortunately.

Schools still interview up until March so you aren't in bad shape. The only thing is that some of the schools have already offered at least half of their seats. However, it is a rolling admissions process, so they will continue to offer seats until their class is full. This may take up until August for some schools so hang in there. As for UOP and UCSF.... UOP is practically full and most of their acceptees take up the seat but UCSF has offered at least half of their seats but there is definitely hope. UCSF is one of the five Cal schools so surely these accepted residents are also considering the other Cal schools as well like UCLA, USC, and Loma Linda (including myself :) ). Hang in there. We all know what it's like to wait and wait and wait . You should however contact the schools , if you already haven't, and ask them the status of your application. If you feel uncomfortable asking that, you can always call and tell them that you want to make sure all you materials have been received and your application is complete. Good luck :) What are your stats like?

Profchaos said:
It's been a month that I haven't heard anything, at all from all the schools. It just seems like they are suddenly so quiet~ sigh~ anyone please give me some feedback, I'm still waiting for more interviews~ especially around the north part of California area, come on, miracle always happens I know. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Indiana U yesterday... they tell me that they stopped interviewing... and will not have the opportunity to review my app due to the high number of apps this year.

bouncy_ball said:
I heard Tufts just handed out a bunch of interviews... but not to me, unfortunately.

Hey bouncy, how did you know or what are you sources that Tufts sent out interviews, did you call them, cuz they never pick up the damn phone :mad:
let me know cuz i am waiting ...

Does anybody know whether UConn is filled or not?

UC's interview all the way toward the end of March. It's still not over for late applicants yet. On the other hand, I do want to know some details regarding my status. Both UC's have had my second apps for more than a month. I have tried to talk to someone at UCSF, but always got to the the answering machine. Anyone knows what's the best time to call? I called early in the morning, late in the afternoon, but still no luck. I don't want to leave a voice mail bc I know they won't return my call as they state that they won't provide status over the phone. Wait, wait, wait... I so hate it. If you want to reject me, just send me the damn letter so I know what to do next. :mad: :laugh:

Does anybody know?? Is temple done interviewing??

HD

I talked to secretary at NYU, said they interview all they way till march. March is quittin time I guess.

I Got one in temple on Feb 25.

I think Temple is still interview... when i called the other day my app was in review... i assume it would only be in review to be considered for an interview or rejection... former i hope!

BUBBLICIOUS said:
Schools still interview up until March so you aren't in bad shape. The only thing is that some of the schools have already offered at least half of their seats. However, it is a rolling admissions process, so they will continue to offer seats until their class is full. This may take up until August for some schools so hang in there. As for UOP and UCSF.... UOP is practically full and most of their acceptees take up the seat but UCSF has offered at least half of their seats but there is definitely hope. UCSF is one of the five Cal schools so surely these accepted residents are also considering the other Cal schools as well like UCLA, USC, and Loma Linda (including myself :) ). Hang in there. We all know what it's like to wait and wait and wait . You should however contact the schools , if you already haven't, and ask them the status of your application. If you feel uncomfortable asking that, you can always call and tell them that you want to make sure all you materials have been received and your application is complete. Good luck :) What are your stats like?
Thanks Bubble~ that really helps. I tried contact all the schools and the answers are either still in review or we can't tell you what's going on right now. My stats are ok, 22 22 20 and 3.6 3.8science, but applied late really have put me in a disadvantage. I strongly suggest future applicant for 2006 apply no later than August. To be honest, cuz of the fact that the interviews only last til end of March and if still no reply in Feb I doubt there will be anymore interviews.

luder98 said:
UC's interview all the way toward the end of March. It's still not over for late applicants yet. On the other hand, I do want to know some details regarding my status. Both UC's have had my second apps for more than a month. I have tried to talk to someone at UCSF, but always got to the the answering machine. Anyone knows what's the best time to call? I called early in the morning, late in the afternoon, but still no luck. I don't want to leave a voice mail bc I know they won't return my call as they state that they won't provide status over the phone. Wait, wait, wait... I so hate it. If you want to reject me, just send me the damn letter so I know what to do next. :mad: :laugh:

I called Friday morning and waited for 10 mins. A lady answered it and then one of the admission staffs called me back in the afternoon. I was playing games with my buddy so I was very distracted while talking to him, god dammit, I hope it's gonna be ok. Well... well. well.

you let your friends distract you while talking to admissions? :eek:

Biogirl361 said:
you let your friends distract you while talking to admissions? :eek:
You think I would!? :eek: But my friend is a crazy guy and he didn't know who I was talking to, and I knew what to expect so I have to sound nice and at the same time tried my best to use my body language(kick and punch simply) to shut my buddy up.

Profchaos said:
You think I would!? :eek: But my friend is a crazy guy and he didn't know who I was talking to, and I knew what to expect so I have to sound nice and at the same time tried my best to use my body language(kick and punch simply) to shut my buddy up.

i understand now. that stinks :mad:

DB#1 said:
Hey bouncy, how did you know or what are you sources that Tufts sent out interviews, did you call them, cuz they never pick up the damn phone :mad:
let me know cuz i am waiting ...

I heard at a recent interview I went to. A bunch of interviewees there had just gotten invitations to interview w/ Tufts.

Profchaos said:
I called Friday morning and waited for 10 mins. A lady answered it and then one of the admission staffs called me back in the afternoon. I was playing games with my buddy so I was very distracted while talking to him, god dammit, I hope it's gonna be ok. Well... well. well.

Were they able to tell you anything useful/helpful? Or just, sorry we can't say?

bouncy_ball said:
Were they able to tell you anything useful/helpful? Or just, sorry we can't say?
I think they heard my complaint and frustration! I was lucky to get through right before they left for the day. They will interview into March as planned. First round acceptances mostly went to 3.8+ folks. They have about half of the class filled. The lady told me to patiently wait. Although I didn't get an answer regarding my app, her answers did sooth my "pain"! I'll wait...

blankguy said:
Does anybody know whether UConn is filled or not?

I just had my interview last friday with UConn. According to Dr. T, the class is about 85% filled, so that means there are about 4-6 spots left!!

i had an interview at templ last tuesday.. there is plenty of interview still going on.. but brian made it sound like like 60 seats of the 125 seats have been paid on .

Have to make a correction here. UNLV's interview is only up to Feb. It's suggested that people call before interview dates because there are no shows, so you might be able to get into an earlier interview. Of course, the earlier the better. 70 acceptance are gone. 40 left. ;)

Profchaos said:
Have to make a correction here. UNLV's interview is only up to Feb. It's suggested that people call before interview dates because there are no shows, so you might be able to get into an earlier interview. Of course, the earlier the better. 70 acceptance are gone. 40 left. ;)

when I called yesterday, they said they will interview till March :confused:
Anyways, they said the admission commitee meeting is next week, and will dish interviews after that meeting :thumbup:
So hang in there ppl.