Are there opportunities to study abroad while in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sortie

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some dental schools (i.g. UPenn and BU) have programs where you can go abroad. However, I was wondering if this is commonplace for dental schools or not. I checked one of the dental schools I'm interested in and they made no mention of international programs on their website. I've also heard of externships which last only about 1-2 weeks in a foreign country (While you're still in dental school), but that's about it. I'd love to know if these opportunities are common or not, thanks!
 
I know Indiana University's dental school offers a summer study abroad program at New Castle University in England, but I'm not sure how common they are in general.