Are these activities worth mentioning in my update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrgame

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of things that I want to include in my update letter but I'm unsure as to whether or not they are significant enough. None of these activities were previously mentioned in my application.

1. Creating a protocol along with my PI and submitting it to IRB for approval worth mentioning in my update letter or does it have to be a recently published article?
2. Lead clinical research coordinator on a new clinical study.
3. Started working part-time as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (MLS) (not patient care so not sure if it's worth mentioning).
4. Started working with Crisis Text Line. (Again not face-to-face patient care)

TY for your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a couple of things that I want to include in my update letter but I'm unsure as to whether or not they are significant enough. None of these activities were previously mentioned in my application.

1. Creating a protocol along with my PI and submitting it to IRB for approval worth mentioning in my update letter or does it have to be a recently published article?
3. Started working part-time as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (MLS) (not patient care so not sure if it's worth mentioning).

TY for your help!!!
1. No. Is this a new research project?
2. No. This is a new research project.
3. No. Wait until you've had at least 100 hours of experience.
4. No. Wait until you've had at least 100 hours of experience.

Granted, you can check-in and ask about the status of your application. But my opinion on potentially updating...

Reactions: 1 users

TY for your help!!!
Nope

None of these seem worthy of an update. The first two just seem like extension of your existing duties. The last two are just blah