are these CDAT scores good enough and when do i apply for dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabdoc1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need help with my CDAT scores.
Reading 20
bio 18
chem 19
science 19
academic avg 19
perception 16
carving *****

I want to apply for american dental schools and wanted to find out how should i go about doing that. Do i have to wait until next year summer 2005 to apply through AADSAS or are there some schools that take individual applications. i have a 3.914 GPA from an American university but living in Canada for the last year.

Thanks to anyone willing to help.

"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT scores are around average, but with your stellar GPA, you will definitely get in somewhere!

Although you might be able to submit the application directly to schools, it is highly recommended to send it to AADSAS because they are the ones that are responsible in calculating your SCI/BCP/ +- GPAs which will make it easier for the dental schools to view your application with the others.

I dont think american dental sch accepts CDAT.
You may have to take DAT. Please check.
Ya, I think most of the school has reached deadlines already. AZ and a couple might be still open. You have a fair chance to get into a dental sch, but if u want to get into a specific sch, it is probably best to apply next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
ecdoesit said:
I dont think american dental sch accepts CDAT.
You may have to take DAT. Please check.
Ya, I think most of the school has reached deadlines already. AZ and a couple might be still open. You have a fair chance to get into a dental sch, but if u want to get into a specific sch, it is probably best to apply next cycle.

Most american schools do accept the canadian dat. The only one that i know that doesnt accept canadian scores is Arizona.

thanks to everyone who replied. So my scores are about average and pass the cut off for most schools in the States. I will find out which schools take applications through AADSAS and which don't. Am I too late for AADSAS? I want to go to New York.

wannabdoc1 said:
thanks to everyone who replied. So my scores are about average and pass the cut off for most schools in the States. I will find out which schools take applications through AADSAS and which don't. Am I too late for AADSAS? I want to go to New York.

How many schools participate in AADSAS?
There are 52 of the 56 U.S. and 2 Canadian dental schools participate in AADSAS. The 4 schools that do not participate in AADSAS are: Medical College of Georgia, University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee, and Louisiana State University