Are these GRE scores good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Amerijump44

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I posted a week ago because I had to take the GRE with no preperation. Big mistake on my part and I just got my GRE scores back and I did not do very well in both verbal and math with a 148 Verbal and 146 Math. However I absolutely nailed the AWA and got a 5.5. Obviously a lot of schools require a minimum of 150 for verb and math. However I am thinking of applying to schools that dont have a GRE minimum or writing only. What do you guys think of this score? Do schools weight AWA higher than verb/math or the other way around?

Thanks all!
 
Just my opinion, I'd study and retake. Unless the schools completely don't require the GRE (or writing only but I haven't heard of that).