Are we on the same boat???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teriyaki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been posting on SDN for a while. I recently got an interview offer at Lecom. I am very happy since this is my very first interview, but I have been waiting for the past 2 weeks for more good news and yet nothing came. I started to get worried....is this gonna be my only interview this year? I have seen other schools that I applied to sending out invites, and yet...nothing else came knocking on my door.
I am not greedy at all. I think I am blessed with 1 interview. But seeing other got 5-7 invites, I am getting nervous....any advice would be nice...Am I too jumpy?
Here is my stats:
ogpa 3.42
sgpa 3.3
bcp 3.42
DAT 20/21/21, nothing below 20.
Dental assistant and several volunteers hrs. 1 research.
I am really nervous now....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a very similar boat but I have no interviews yet. this is no fun :(

Interviews really do feel like a blessing and it does make me sound ungrateful to stress out about getting more. I've been lucky enough to get two early on, but its the long streak of silence and even rejections that drive me crazy. SDN definitely does not help. But with a little favor we'll pull through. September is when the majority of interviews are given out so there are reasons to keep hope alive. I'm sure your interview is coming soon ddsjyoti as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask how many schools you applied to?
I think I went over board with 20.

May I ask how many schools you applied to?
I think I went over board with 20.

Wow man, 20? I can only afford 15 :(( You should get into some schools this cycle, mind sharing ur stats?

So I have been posting on SDN for a while. I recently got an interview offer at Lecom. I am very happy since this is my very first interview, but I have been waiting for the past 2 weeks for more good news and yet nothing came. I started to get worried....is this gonna be my only interview this year? I have seen other schools that I applied to sending out invites, and yet...nothing else came knocking on my door.
I am not greedy at all. I think I am blessed with 1 interview. But seeing other got 5-7 invites, I am getting nervous....any advice would be nice...Am I too jumpy?
Here is my stats:
ogpa 3.42
sgpa 3.3
bcp 3.42
DAT 20/21/21, nothing below 20.
Dental assistant and several volunteers hrs. 1 research.
I am really nervous now....

I am in the same boat too. Very thankful for LECOM,but c'mon, I applied to 20 schools. Y no more invites :(

I hope you're right hitmans45! I applied to 11 schools, already got a rejection from one (Nova). All the others are still under review (BU, Stony Brook, Buffalo, UConn, Maryland, Tufts, Temple, UoP, Rutgers, NYU). I submitted August 6th, and applications were all mailed out on August 16th. GPA is 3.48 overall, 3.35 sci, 3.81 nonsci. DAT- 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 19 RC. I've been working as a dental assistant since 5/2012 and worked in a hospital for 3 years before that. Also did volunteer work- construction brigade, hosted a blood drive, volunteer at Stony Brook Dental Clinic, and worked in a research lab, shadowed about 100 hours, and was a member of Stony Brook University PreDental Society. Starting to go a little crazy just waiting around, reading SDN, and checking my email :scared:

Same situation here. Applied to 11, got 3 interviews pretty quickly, but it's been a dry spell for the last MONTH. Nothing for almost 4 weeks. I got so frustrated I added some more schools, I have almost 20 schools now. I feel that I need 5-6 interviews to be sure of acceptance. Hopefully they'll flood in this month.

3.9 GPA
25 AA/24 PAT.
failed out of a graduate program first semester (required explanation).