Are we to assume .....no more waitlist movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellen Robb

DocMom
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been scanning every source I can and to me it seems like waitlist movement is grim....Does anyone have any insight into this years' movement in general? What happened? :confused::(:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I think that it is safe to assume that all schools have a full class by now so any waitlist movement will be very slow and limited. Not to say there won't be any. You just have to wait for someone else to get off another waitlist and decide to go to school 2 and then call school 1 to open up a spot etc etc. Certain schools are still having committee meetings so I guess they still expect movement.

Is this lack of movement for june/july typical?

Members don't see this ad :)
Orientation for most schools is coming in what? ~4 weeks. Classes must be full by now. The only movement I see is when someone drops medicine or defers last minute -- then the waitlists will have a little ripple.

Slow moving and limited, yes... but completely finished...no. At more than one interview, I met people that were accepted 1-2 weeks before matriculation.

Of course if you haven't been accpted yet, plan to apply again. Better to be pleasently surprised than to be disappointed and unprepared.