Are ya'll happy tho?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SHUT UP CYRIL. (Just finishing S5 of Archer, I had to.)

I'll probably include it somewhere, it really was one of those moments where I sat down and thought about it, these moments will likely happen every so often for the rest of my life... am I mature enough to handle that? Or will I have an emotional breakdown every time? Will I be able to do this, do that, etc, etc, questions able to use a hashtag like #justneuroticpremedthings

I'm still here, so y'know. The show goes on.
You'll be able to do it.

As someone who worked with grieving families (next of kins who JUST found out their loved one passed), maybe the first couple days/weeks are difficult. Every case hits you emotionally. But, as bad as it sounds, it eventually becomes routine. It doesn't make you less human or empathetic, but you view it in a different perspective after a while. You claim whatever position you're in, and perform the job duty. Whether that be a physician explaining options for someone with terminal cancer, or in my case, speaking with families about end-of-life decisions they must make on behalf of their loved one.

You realize that you taking it to heart can actually impede your ability to help them. Occasionally I'll have those cases that stop me in my tracks and make me think "omg I'm about to speak to the mother of a child who 3 hours ago was killed in a car wreck" or etc. But almost immediately after, I know that SOMEONE has to be the stable one in this position, and I have a job to perform that will benefit the family.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not particularly. Just had a septo/turbinate reduction...my nose is the size of a bellpepper...bleeds intermittently..and I have splints sutured inside that have given me a perpetual headache. To make matters worse, the shiniest of two turds will be elected, people still compare Lebum James to Micheal Jordan, and Taco Bell still hasn't brought back lava sauce. To say I'm unhappy is an understatement.