Are you considered a reapplicant if...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACE28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You submitted AMCAS last year but now submitting it this year to different schools?

In others words, does submitting AMCAS a second time automatically put in you the reapplicant file or is it school specific?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe its both. I am reapplying this year, and am thus, overall, a reapplicant. However, some schools only consider you a reapplicant if you have specifically applied to their school before. Some specifically ask if you've applied to their school ever before, some ask if you applied to their school in the previous application cycle, others ask if you've applied anywhere before. Still, others don't ask if you've ever applied anywhere before.

You submitted AMCAS last year but now submitting it this year to different schools?

In others words, does submitting AMCAS a second time automatically put in you the reapplicant file or is it school specific?

If you applied to medical school, didn't get in you are a reapplicant. There are no "piles" or "files" for applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you applied to medical school, didn't get in you are a reapplicant. There are no "piles" or "files" for applicants.

If that is the case, will schools that I did not apply to last year know that I did not get in to other schools and therefore contemplate on what I have I done in the meantime to improve my application?

If that is the case, will schools that I did not apply to last year know that I did not get in to other schools and therefore contemplate on what I have I done in the meantime to improve my application?

In addition to this question, will schools that I didn't apply to last year know that I applied to other medical schools but to not their school during the last application cycle?