aren't some things obvious?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ADRIANSHOE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forums are for people to speak.

In this forum, the threads where few people are speaking are kept open, while the threads that generate the most conversation are being locked....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....if you count the diversity of postings across all threads during the last month, the three threads that have been locked are the ones with the most diversity of posters.....Isn't that FASCINATING?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, quit cryin'!

I have read some of your posts. While I take everything here with a grain of salt, given the fact that you are in MS at NSU, your opinion does have a fair amount of credibility.

However, the mods are doing their jobs - shutting down pointless threads. I, for one, think the mods are doing a great job, now that the rules have been voted on and set. It's their site, they are all rational people who don't clamp down on everything in sight, so get off their case.

This forum has vastly improved in the last month.

Heck, even Tim the turtle is back!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by bobo (edited 04-28-2000).]

I bet it is all a conspiracy. Blame the INS and Janet Reno.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Adrianshoe, and I disagree with bobo. I do not think the moderators are doing a good job!!! But of course, I would be surprised to see this post stay up for longer than 5 minutes. Those quick trigger finger moderators will blast this post to ad infinitum.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

bobo -- the rules have been set? GREAT. Where can find those, because I'm really confused about what they are and what constitutes a lockable thread.

First Borhani wants to lock the "what's wrong with osteopathic medicine" thread because it is "not being productive".

Then closes it.

Then decides to reopen it so he can take a vote on whether to close it.

Then checks and discloses mbv's IP address (against the stated privacy rules!),

Then, after it turns away from being a flame war, closes it because it only had two people posting. (Which by the way Borhani, if I were rolltide, I don't think I would appreciate not being counted as a person).

I think someone needs to get Borhani a copy of those rules, too, because he seems as confused as I am.

Lee -- you said during the voting process on how to handle the forum that SDN was against censorship and if that route were chosen would only exercise it in instances of misconduct. If you remember, I said I thought that was a slippery slope. Well here we are -- slipping away.

?Hey mj, now that you've gotten another post on SDN locked what are you gonna do??

I'm goin to Disney World!

I hope while I?m gone SDN reconsiders its position on this or at the very least clarifies what that position is.
mj

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited 04-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mj (edited 04-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mj (edited April 04, 2001).]

Yeah!!! You said it!!! And why did they close the let's rank the DO schools thread!?! It was just getting interesting. And the voting was just getting large enough for the study's Power to increase and be significant. By the way, I'm rooting for Touro, whatever that is!!! It sounds cool though!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I can't speak for all moderators, but I can tell you that the decision to delete a thread or a post or close a topic is not taken lightly. As it was explained to me: "It's the atomic bomb of moderator actions."

Still, it should also be obvious that not everyone posting here respects this forum or SDN as a place to engage in MEANINGFUL debate. Some people just want to flame, cut up, propagate stereotypes, or post questionable information.

Anyone who has been around the Internet for a while can attest to the fact that the SDN is truly an awesome board. We've got DO, MD, IMG, and premeds all posting here. The information posted here is usually quite accurate; the opinions here are usually quite informed. In general, the overall culture of SDN reminds me of "the glory years" of the old misc.education.medical USENET group (say around '92-'95). I think several factors contribute to this: 1) Registration (it's harder to be intellectually dishonest when there is a *chnace* that someone might find out who you are), 2) moderation (to cut away some of the chaff from the wheat), 3) diversity...

It is tantamount for moderators to respect diversity and respect the right of posters to disagree, even vehemently. It is also important for posters to begin think and behave like the professionals they are training/aspiring to be. This *is* a preprofessional board.

If you wouldn't begin an honest conversation about osteopathic medicine with your DO attending, residency colleague, or personal physician by beginning, "I think that DO schools should remove the medical portion of their training..." then you shouldn't do it here either. That's an invitation for an ass-chewing. It seems like common sense to me.

I've been with SDN almost since the beginning and I've never, ever seen "the regulars" shy away from an honest, lively, sometimes impassioned debate about the merits of osteopathic principles, the pedagogical difference between tertiary-care versus community based training, the career and employment opportunities for DO's by geographic region or specialty, the efficacy of manipulative interventions for musculoskeletal and related disorders, the transition of the culture of osteopathic medicine from a service-based profession to more of a research oriented one, the historical rivalry between allopathic and osteopathic medicine, the role of traditional predictors of academic success versus life experience in academic and career advancement, the minority status of the osteopathic profession and the discrimination sometimes encountered by its members, the lack of public recognition of osteopathic medicine, or the decision of how to decide between MD vs DO degrees for the practice of medicine. These are the vast majority of the "hot button" issues and they all get discussed here with reasonable veracity a great majority of the time.

However, if I see that the nature, tone, and general direction of a thread is not oriented toward honest debate or clarifying differences in opinion anymore, I will delete or close it. Granted, it's a subjective call and I try to give posters the benefit of the doubt. Still, I think in the long run a moderated debate gives more opportunities for voices to be heard by silencing those who simply like to scream.

Originally posted by bobo:
Oh, quit cryin'!

I have read some of your posts. While I take everything here with a grain of salt, given the fact that you are in MS at NSU, your opinion does have a fair amount of credibility.

However, the mods are doing their jobs - shutting down pointless threads. I, for one, think the mods are doing a great job, now that the rules have been voted on and set. It's their site, they are all rational people who don't clamp down on everything in sight, so get off their case.

This forum has vastly improved in the last month.

Heck, even Tim the turtle is back!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by bobo (edited 04-28-2000).]

Bobo, this is hardly CRYING, this is just point out basic stupidity, to wit:
My bloody valentine started a post on April 20 stating he/she was upset with some aspects of education at osteopathic institutions...question: is this the beginning of a pointless thread, do you just want all happy glowing DISHONEST posts or do you want open discussion in your forum?

from April 20-=april 27:
this thread had 26 DIFFERENT posters for a total of 49 posts, in which the following topics were covered:
1. medical education
2. student involvment
3. accountability of the institutions to the student
4. the student's personal motivation as a key to success
5. DO visibility
6. DO vs MD philosophy and how it is percieved by the public
7. buisness of medical education
8. pathology courses at different schools
9. discussion of botsford as a good site for rotations
10. Information request regarding penn sites
11. Paid vs unpaid volunteer attendings

The thread was closed d/t the moderator feeling that the "long conversations between two people were best held via email"
THIS IGNORES THE FACT that 4 PEOPLE were POSTING on that very day and that three NEW posters had come into the thread within the past three days. IN FACT, the moderator first threatened to close the post on DAY THREE of the thread which is just ludicrous considering the volume of postings and the plethora of good topics for discussion at that time...This is crap its not good moderation and its no way to run a forum, if you think those topics were pointless you are simply a *****.....if you think having a lot of postings and diversity of opinions is a GOOD thing then you are NOT a *****. so which is it bobo?

Hey Drusso, you posted a very long thoughtful posting, better watch out rb is going to close this thread because you should have emailed to all of us instead.

drusso

I agree wholeheartedly that SDN is a great site, one of the best available. That's why I keep coming back. I get good information here and the discussions are usually fairly intelligent. I also respect SDNs right to try to maintain the professionalism of this board, even though I was leery of it for this very reason.

Unfortunately, I don't think all moderators here are as thoughtful of their duties as you are. I hope one of the administrators will look hard at the moderation of late. If this will be SOP, I don't think I will keep coming back and I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way.

Have you read MBV?s post? Would you have closed the thread?

And Adrianshoe just beat me to the long post line.
mj

Dear MJ,
I do not know what post you are referring to but I have not ever disclosed anyone's identity or school on this forum. IF you are taking about "MBV" he posted a messages himself saying that he goes to the same school as "adrianshoe"...I had nothing to do with that. And IP addresses dont tell us the exact identity of anyone just the location where the post came from.
Please do not accuse me for something that I have not done... And posts only get closed when they reach a level where they have just turned into unproductive long arguments..
ps if all of you feel strongly about the "whats wrong" post..we can always reopen it..but I honestly think it had run its course" And Adrianshoe thank you for calling me a *****.

Posted in "what's wrong" on 4-23 in Jkeum22985 post:

"From RBorhani: He is not! Based on his IP address he is from a DO school"

IP message from Lee:

"We have instituted IP address logging due to recent postings on the SDN message board that were considered hate crimes. Except for cases of hate crimes, IP information is strictly confidential and will never be available to anyone outside of the SDN administration."

I don't know, rb, seems kind of obvious to me. Was MBV involved in a hate crime?

Your intent may have been good, but IMO it was against the rules and an abuse of power nonetheless. MBV was annoyed by your action, as he said so in a later post.

And I agree that the thread had run its course. What I don't understand is why that was YOUR decision to make. You did it under the guise of there only being 2 people posting when there were 4 and made the asinine comment that post should not be long and if 2 people have something to say to each other to use e-mail.

I just don't get it...

mj

PS And I really hate it when you comment about something within someone elses post. If you want to comment about what someone has said POST A REPLY. That's the fair way to do it.

Reza, i didnt call you a *****, i said that IF you felt the topics that i listed were POINTLESS then you are obviously a *****.

WHICH of the TOPICS that were posted DO you feel are pointless?

Since I DONT THINK you are going to claim that any of the topics I listed are POINTLESS (unless you are a *****) then there is NO WAY you can assume I am calling you a *****.
I dont think BOBO thinks these are pointless topics either, so there is no way you can say i am calling him a ***** (unless he DOES think these legitimate topics are pointless in which case you would be correct)

WHAT is the purpose of stating YOU are going to hold a vote and then NOT paying attention to the facts.

What is the purpose on DAY THREE generating such a plethora of opinion and topics of stating you are CLOSING THE THREAD.

This is precisely my point about critical reading skills, I gave BOBO an opportunity to either argue for the pointlessness of a group of topics while giving him in advance my honest opinion of anyone who would hold such a view, and YOU took it to mean that i was calling YOU a *****. That is simply not the case.

I DONT THINK YOU CLOSED THE THREAD BECAUSE IT WAS POINTLESS, I think that you closed it because you didn't like the OPINIONS being expressed about the topics being expressed.
Then after threatening to close it for four days, you found an illegitimate reason to do so by claiming it had degraded into a conversation between two people.
FORUMS OFTEN INVOLVE TWO PEOPLE CARRYING THE TORCH OF DISCUSSION FOR A WHILE, so are you going to close every thread that only involves two people for a one day period? that was your stated reason for closing it.
DOES IT OCCUR TO ANYONE THAT WHEN ALL OF US POST THAT WE ARE TALKING TO THE WHOLE AUDIENCE NOT JUST THE PERSON WE ARE RESPONDING TO? THE TOPICS being discussed are the isssue of any thread, so argue to close it when the TOPICS or the professionalism is beyond a certain level of standards, NOT BECAUSE ONLY TWO PEOPLE ARE DISCUSSING THE TOPIC WHILE OTHERS CHOOSE TO READ OR IGNORE FOR A WHILE.

Members don't see this ad :)
one last point:
during the seven days that MBV's thread ran its course, there were seventeen threads opened that only had one or two posters, why not close them to, since during that same time period they had degraded into a conversation between only a single person or two people? nope, close the thread with the 20+ posters instead. Next time I am in business, I think I'll stop servicing those clients who utilize my business heavily and only service those clients i see once in a while...same principle. WARNING: this is an analogy...by definition clouds arent elephants.

Hmmm..here we go again. I understand those of you who have strong feelings about censorship but I think we can all agree that the qualty of posts has vastly IMPROVED over the last couple of weeks. I was also dissapointed that the thread that me, mj, and john were posting in was closed, but the thread had run its course and was no longer about the topic that started it and John was ignoring me and responding to only mj anyway. So why not open another thread and continue the discussion? I think that we can all understand why the osteopathic rankings thread was closed, afterall the person who decided to make the rankings useless is posting in this thread. I am sick of those like MODERF who refuse to discuss the topics of threads, and instead break into a thread and spread their own ingnorance like he/she has done with the Touro comment in this very thread.

-Josh

I do not live my life to seek your approval rolltide. I am sick of all this altruistic crap too (don't do medicine unless you really want to help people, medicine is not for money so go do IT), but I don't have any problem with you all posting your ridiculous opinions. This is medicine, rolltide. You had better learn to deal with characters and personalities you don't like. I sure have and I put up with 95% of you on this message board. By the way, what do you have against Touro? It sounds kinda like what a bullfighter would say. Definitely cool.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I just reopened the "whats wrong.." thread so feel free to post on that thread again. Most moderators/adminstrators on this site are volunteer medical students and I think for the most part we have done a pretty good job. If you disagree with a moderator/adminstror's action, I suggest emailing him or her.

MJ: if you read the post that you have quoted me from you realize that my comment was only there to avoid a flame war and it never disclosed MBV's identity or school in any way.. He had already mentioned in his first post that he was a DO student!!!

It sounds like many of you just enjoy hearing yourselves talk.

I'm sure you'll have much to say about that comment, but, then again, what's new?

some of us can study and can write long posts ewagner...its a gift...i can tell you how to do it if you dont feel like you're able. besides if you knew anything about being a fourth year at nova you will be very worried about what the next three weeks is going to bring....WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Josh, i didn't ignore you I wrote you an extremely long posting answering everything you asked of me and i did it with only a teeny bit of sarcasm (just my nature, nothing personal) and I dont agree it had run its course because there were still people posting, most threads run a natural course...take the nova post that they closed or the other one...no one had posted on either of these for a day or two and these HAD run their course.
I think that reza probably wouldn't have needed to close the osteopathic medicine thread because it WAS ABOUT to close itself....it was the way he closed it, reopened it, held a phony vote, ignored the voting, then closed it, that i thought was inappropriate.

Hang on togo i am going to reread this because i think it sounds MARVELOUS.....yep, it does, hang on while i read it a couple more times....hey ewag, try coming up with enough cogent thoughts to make a posting this long, its a real ego boost if you can pull it off!!!!!!!!!!

its kinda silly to post saying people like to hear themselves talk, thats the WHOLE PRINICIPLE behind the dale carnegie course and others...of course we do, OUR EGOS are the main reason WE ARE IN MEDICINE to begin with. heh heh heh heh ......ok one more reread and im outta here.
by the way is anyone that has posted offended that ewagner ignored you and called this MY SHOW? isnt that a bit insulting to the rest of you?

Adrian shoe

Are you in a hospital bed with a laptop in bed with you? If so, we can send some flowers...I mean, if this bulletin board is your sole friend, you could probably use some cheering up!
Concerned
e

To Captain Freedom/MODEERF NIATPAC:
Your posts were amusing at first occasionally, but are mostly downright stupid now. You are almost as irritating as poopooman. Get a life you loser!

To mj: "bobo -- the rules have been set? GREAT. Where can find those,"
I meant such as that you must be registered in order to post. I agree, the lockable thread issue is debatable.

To drusso: Great post. I also remember m.e.m from that time. I haven't checked it for a long while now, but last time there didn't seem to be much activity. I agree completely with the rationale behind closing threads. Let's face it, on USENET there are a number of moderated groups where:
#1 - posts must specifically be on the topic of that forum. Threads like what is your favorite book would never make it thru.
#2 - Individual posts are run by a moderator before they are available for all to see. Mods will insert comments occasionally such as "This thread is close to off the track - it will be closed if there is no further relevant posting"
So be thankful that such a great site exists.

To Adrian Shoe:
How the heck do you time to write so much when you are in med school?

Posted by me: "Oh, quit cryin'!" Duuuuuuuuude can't you recognize flamebait when you see it?
tongue.gif

Seriously, you have taken a beating in this forum at times but I have respected what you say because you gave out your real identitiy (which I would NEVER do), used very specific examples, back up things with facts, etc.

I don't thoroughly read all the posts in this forum, certainly not the ones like the thread MBV started. I scan them at best. Too much info that doesn't really interest me. I don't have the time nor the inclination to count up posters and numbers on a particular thread either. I agree that there may have been some questionable calls. Some were obviously ridiculous, the one started by catherine that said she was never coming back and then she got into an argument or something dumb like that. I didn't read the shutdowns all that closely so I can't say for sure. Sometimes dead threads or off-topic threads rejuvenate themselves with some interesting stuff. However, it did seem that the threads degenerated significantly. Close them, dunno? I simply stick by my original statement that SDN has vastly improved over the past month or so.

Later
eek.gif

nope, no hospital bed, thanks for the concern...the reason i am able to type so much is because i can think so quickly and have been trained by the top NASA scientists in a secret laboratory somewhere near Guam to utilize 93% of my cortical cells. I have a younger clone who is approaching 98% but he is smart enough to realize how silly it is to even bother talking to you poor earthlings, that extra five percent really helps. For you, since you aren't close to qualifying for the Nasa program, try taking ginko and drinking five to sixs cups a coffee a day, you may die early but you'll get a lot more done...

as for studying for boards, thats a bit egocentric on your part. Just because that is your major stressor doesnt mean its everyone elses. Personally i didnt feel boards were that big a deal, after all you can pass by getting less than half the answers correct and it covers material you were supposed to have learned...so where's the difficulty? is it because you crammed instead of trying to learn the material? In my experience with tutoring students at your level, this is usually the case and it also explains a lot of their misdirected frustration which you seem to be exhibiting....chill out, drink a beer and relax, it aint that big a deal.

bobo, i apologize for being a bit harsh in my response, my younger brother, if he ever were to post here, would never have made such a faux pas.

I think the underlying statement behind my sarcasm is..."Get a Life".
You like to to talk so much you respond you YOUR OWN POSTS!!
I don't care if you are a NASA mistake or not, perhaps they should just eject you into space. What would you do then?? You couldn't hear yourself speak????
Please, for the sake of all humankind...do something else for a day. Plant some flowers, play with a dog, read a book, anything.

Hey ewagner, do you have anything constructive to offer?

I would like to ask the moderators that if they truly wish to raise the quality of posts that they immediately censor such silly and simpleminded insulters. These petty insulting court jesteres are the real problems, not the majority of professional individuals who may post a wide diversity of opinions and topics in whatever style they choose.

Yes, my constructive comment, or rather observation, was that you enjoy listening to yourself talk. ie you post for the sake of "posting". It is not my intention to hurt your feelings, but I think telling you to "give it a rest" may be the most constructive thing to do.

yep

John, tell me our hero of truth and free speech is not asking for censorship. It pains me to see someone attacking such a noble, humble, and wise person as yourself but I beg you not to resort to censorship! It may start here but then will spread throughout our once great nation like a wildfire! So please allow ewagner to post his opinions so that we can continue to wave our flag of FREE SPEECH! Without "free speech" where would we be? You would have never started the great Nova arguments without it, in fact all of your arguments have centered around it. So please don't disappoint the masses with hypocrisy now.

Rolltide, who the hell are you calling humble? dont insult me like that! lol.
of course you are correct.

However, as i have said, this is THEIR forum, thus there is no free speech here. ALthough i am FOR a free speech forum, since THEY decided NOT to have one, i was only suggesting a more common sense approach to their disgusting censorship, ie censor the people that are posting garbage and insults, rather than ruining the whole thread.
It is not hypocrisy to state I am against it, while recognizing it is within their right as owner's of this site to censor, and then suggest that if they feel they have to censor at least be intelligent about it and get rid of these nonsense posters who add nothing but personal diatribe. It does worry me that you can't see the difference between a school attempting to censor someone who speaks openly about its problems and a privately opened forums attempt to censor what is posted on it. There is quite a big difference and I can't believe you don't realize this.

Okay this comment is intended for others on this post, as ADRIAN-WHATER will only find it amusing and assuredly will comment, for the above mentioned reason. A simple truth that any level-headed person knows will help you in life, as well as in the medical profession is this: You'll will get much further listening than you ever will talking. I'm not entering the medical field because I love to talk, but a great deal of my motivation is the fact that I do love to listen. You will always solve problems quicker by listening than you will by talking.

Simply put - you were given two ears and one mouth, and you should use them proportionately.

it's not amusing at all togo, its quite tragically sad....This threads title is "aren't some things obvious"
Obviously listening is more important that talking, however, if one is going to talk, hopefully they will possess the intellect to discuss issues and not say really inane things like "some people just like to hear themselves speak" (and then you repeat and repeat it without adding new thought)
You and others like you are the major problem, you listen but you dont discuss real issues, you take without giving real insight, you attack in little jabs and insults without discussing the points that are being posted. In short you do nothing to aid what you percieve to be the problem, instead of redirecting the thread toward a topic you wish to discuss (or to listen about), in your misguided egoism you instead wallow in the illusion that you are better than everyone else therefores its ok for you to insult without adding substance and to state "big deep truths" which are actually simple observations anyone could make. And sadly, you seem to REALLY ENJOY the insulting aspect of it otherwise why is that all you ever do?...it's not amusing at all, revolting definitely...please take this as constructively as you can.

Adrian,

I was hoping to ignore you. I was also hoping you would take my comment and use it to your own benefit, perhaps realizing that you don't need to always write a page to convey a thought. I even said " I did not intend to hurt your feelings"...I was sincere.
But it seems as though you can't take a light-hearted jab without crying and shaking in anger.

too bad. Good luck with your career.
My sincerest apologies,
e

You aren't able to ignore me, you have to respond to everything i say, because that way i can totally draw you out of the closet and expose you for what you are: a shallow mind full of insult without intellect
and what you are not: someone who posts meaningful opinions. I think having succeeded in this i will move on discuss topics and ignore you and your petty preboard misdirected angst. Watch me ignore you, i know it will hurt but you'll get over it eventually.

I would just like to jump to my old friend John's defense and say that those of you who are attacking John for spending so much time on this board have no idea what it is like to be at the end of your fourth year of medical school waiting to graduate and start internship/residency. I have several friends that are graduating from med school this May and all of them do not know what to do with all the time they have had over the past few weeks. They finished rotations, took and passed USMLEII and have secured their residency position. So now for the first time in FOUR years they have the time relax a little bit. Give John a break, if he would like to spend his free time here entertaining/upsetting us with his long -winded post, then let him. I will promptly recant my above comments when John posts something that I disagree with, call for his screen name to be deleted, and a permanant ban placed on his IP address.
wink.gif

Joshua

I am simply amazed at the amount of time that some people spend arguing and debating these most ridiculous and frivolous topics. Some of you have way too much time on your hands!!

Josh, that was classic LOL!!!!!

Its called time management my dear bri362435
perhaps a short course is in order: lets vote on it:
how many people want me to provide a rambling self indulgent posting wherein i discussed the endall beall opinion of the hour (that being mine) on how best to time manage.
all in favor post insulting comments, all opposed: post in any of the locked threads. voting ends in 24 hours.

As, for why I don't involve myself in your discussions, it's pretty obvious why, based on your responses to other people. If you had anything constructive to say, I would take it that way.

As for your comments about me personally, I won't take offense, because you don't know me.

Those who have posted for any length of time know that I do engage in constructive discussions, but see no need to do so in pointless ones.

Well, now I run the risk of doing what I'm claiming not to do, so that's all for me on this thread.

Regards.

Adrianshoe,

I have a hard time believing that you are not 12 years old. Why are you acting in such a way?! You beg for attention as if you have Histrionic Personality Disorder...my friend you have a problem. It is not my wish to argue with you. I don't have the time nor the desire. Lets call it at that eh? This is neither constructive nor is it professional.
Congratulations on completing your 4th year...now on to better things.
If I have offended you, sorry. Dude it is a bulletin board and nothing else.
As for your comments regarding me personally, I will ignore them, I am not the one with the problem.
e

Togo, you have to be a bit more honest than that...in one post you claim to be an ordained minister who believes in paul's writings about being gracious...yet you were rude to turtleboard without being gracious, you were rude to me and others here without being gracious, and you added no construction or redirection toward the main topic of this post. While I admire your thoughts on women applicants and your unwillingness to be unequally yoked to secular funding, other than that you have been a desert of thought.
About three other of your 40 some threads have actually been discussive of topics that are germaine to medicine...certainly the dress codes of different schools arguably IS NOT.
BUT WORSE, is that you LIED BLATANTLY when you told a poster that DOs that do MD residencies will not be able to teach at osteopathic institutions...THIS IS SOOOOO inaccurate a misrepresentation that you either did it out of complete ignorance of reality or you did it out of a deliberate attempt to mislead...both are reprehensible.
I have been associated with at least FIVE DO clinical instructors who are teaching at osteopathic schools after having attended MD residencies ONE IS ON THE ADMISSION COMMITTEE FOR GOD"S SAKE...yet you stated as fact that this was not available to them.
Because of this i have decided to apologize and change my mind regarding your particular postings, It is BEST that you just confine yourself to pointless observation of others selfabsorption (you being saved no matter what you rudely do or dishonestly say, i guess it doesn't matter ). So i now embrace your involvement and ask you NEVER to discuss issues and PLEASE stick to inane comments because there is too much potential for misinformation if you stray into actual discussion of important issues.

Adrianna shoelace,

FEEEshawww, would you'um beee my girlie friend? You sound soo very smartie!! I love you adrianna! Isa you in schoolz?
Boy you isa smart!!
I can tell yous think yous is da smartist!
I luv you adrianna.
wheatfarmer

Now THAT was a more appropriate type of insulting post! LOL. oh course you can be my soulmate, just keep telling me how smart i am...often....oh yeah, call me doctor adrianna it strokes my ego and makes up for my very small P_______.

Okay, I was going to try and not get back on this thread, but I feel I must at least make one response. First, I never intended to be rude, I felt you were being that way to several people, and that's why I said what I did. If I came across rude, for that I apologize.

But, to say that I blatantly lied is a bit of a stretch. By the way, you have an awefully good memory. I didn't even remember those posts until you recalled them. In the instance you were referring to, I was simply relaying information given to me by one of our deans. That information may have been incorrect, but giving mistaken information is much different than telling a lie. Let's not get carried away. I'm not sure when I was rude to Turtleboard, but, I'm sure he'll let me know if I was. I'm never to big to admit a mistake. As for your opinion about my "desert of thought," that's your opinion and you have every right to it. I feel pretty secure in myself and don't feel the need to defend myself.

I guess you can say what you will now. If I can retain any integrity at all, I guess I should really make this my last post on this thread. I said that last time, and I should honor that.

[This message has been edited by togo (edited 05-02-2000).]

This page is getting interesting.

yo togo, you were mistaken, I can accept that.

Now allow the agnostic to quote his second favorite scripture: a kind answer turneth away wrath.

If you feel someone is being self indulgent in writing long posts (which i completely admit being quite the narcissistic type and enjoying the limelight immensely as i do... any WELL STUDIED second year would be able to correctly diagnose me, as an aside one under achiever actually called me histrionic...WELL I NEVER!!! uh...anyway)

what do you reap, other than what you sow by your original approach?

In deference to your beliefs, I present the following parable:
a man listens to howard stern for hours, each day he calls to complain, howard tells him not to call or listen...then he orders the man not to call or listen...but the man just keeps on listening...every day...every hour...and the man just keeps on complaining about howard.

This brings up another favorite topic of mine (and my new beau msr. wheatfarmer)
Why do med students respond with such heat to topics they don't enjoy? why do they keep coming back...WHY do they accuse others of being egotistical and selfabsorbed (even when its true), when they themselves are all the while creating more elaborate and (in their minds) witty comebacks or coming back to post again after declaring they were through, in a misguided attempt to convince the "hidden crowd" of their own esteem. cmon, admit it, you post for the same reason, its ok, come on in the water's fine.

Why don't we all just agree "THAT SOME THINGS ARE OBVIOUS!"

You just can't seem to let things go can you. Once again proving time and time again...you are an ass.

I love Ms. Adriannashoelace's ass!!

She isum soooo smarts ! and SMUG

I thinks Adrianshoelace will be a GREAT NURSE!! I loves you, you aren't an egomaniac,dorkish,smug, knowitall,ass at all!!

wheatfarmer sheeehaaaawwwww!

Ok polling is done:
results:
two votes for continued long rambling threads
no votes for shutting up.

therefore, you have obligated me to continue on as before. I respect your opinions and will do my best. Thank you all, and good luck with boards...

Some people have way too much time on their hands. SHUT UP! Thanks.

As a matter of fact, why don't you just relax. Have some fun. Take some bong hits, run a marathon, choke your chicken, pal. You could do all three in the time it takes you to write one post.

Yessum! Adrianna, do something else!
I love you.

Wheeeaaatttt!