Arg! I messed up on Duke's secondary.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the problem. I entered the date of President Bush's televised address on stem cells as August 16, 2001 on my Duke secondary when it was August 9th, 2001. I can't change it since I submitted it. What should I do? Should I send a letter to the admissions comittee apologizing for the typo, should I not worry about? Am I doomed?

Thanks,
GS

Members don't see this ad.

The date is a very very minor detail - I think you can rest easy. I doubt anybody will remember whether it was Aug 9 or Aug 16 or whatever.

Just worry about whether or not your arguement was sound and the essay written well.

there's something that i'm not too sure about....you know how the essay wants you to identify and address potential ethical questions? what i did was come up with arguments for the conservative side and the liberal side, and set them against each other. i did not write an essay based on my own views of the topic. am i ok in doing this??

I've looked to see if anyone posted this, but I don't think anyone has - what are the questions for Duke's secondary?

And btw if the essay question did not ask you for your opinion, then what you did was fine. It makes a more convincing arguement when you take a side, though - just don't straw-man the opposing arguements.