Army 3 yr HPSP Ques

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Do any of you know if the Army has allowed dental HPSP applicant's packages for the 3 yr scholarship to be processed through?

I tried calling and emailing my recruiter, but I have not been able to get a hold of him.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

Do any of you know if the Army has allowed dental HPSP applicant's packages for the 3 yr scholarship to be processed through?

I tried calling and emailing my recruiter, but I have not been able to get a hold of him.

Thanks!
3 yr scholarships will not be awarded until after 1 Oct when the new fiscal year begins.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so frustrated with the Army and how they handle this whole scholarship process. I have jumped through so many hoops for them over the past year and I can't believe how unprofessionally they are about every step of the process. Luckily for them, dental school is getting too expensive and the war is "ending". Otherwise, I think their way of handling business would turn all the applicants away.

Last edited:
Has anyone who was on the 4-year scholarship OML heard anything regarding the new fiscal year and getting a 3-year scholarship yet? I was told by my recruiter that the board date was pushed back to October 17, and was just wondering if anyone else can corroborate this.

Does anyone have advice for me? I am really fed up with the way my recruiter is handling my HPSP package. I have tried to contact her through email numerous times and each time I get no response from her. I also called her and can't get a hold of her and when I actually did, she was very short and seemed not to care about the whole process at all.

If you all were in my situation what would you do? I feel that I put a great deal of effort in getting my recommendation letters, doing the MEPS physical, writing an essay, going to her office numerous times to get paper work in orde,r and when I leave for dental school zero contact has been made on her part!

Last edited:
I had EXACTLY the same experience. Unorganized, unprofessional, unavailable, and never have any clue what is going on. After our app is submitted I"m pretty sure there isn't much else for them to do with the app (at least that's what I'm told). But then again, my recruiter honestly did not know anything about the scholarship itself whatsoever (he's not too bright). And as long as the recruiters meet their quota ("make mission"), it really doesn't matter to them if you sign or not. Plus, they still get credit for you even if you only get a 3 year. Terrible system.

Seriously the most unprofessional people I have ever dealt with in my life. But they try to act like they aren't...