Army For Future prior enlisted applicants applying to 3 and 2 yr Army HPSP with Low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SapperDentist

Reaction score
I am writing this because when I applied I couldn't find any resources to advise me, so maybe this post can help future applicants.

So I have pretty LOW dental school GPA, like Below 3.0 and when I approached my local AMEDD recruiter the Commanding officer straight refused to work with me because I didn't have 3.2 GPA. I ended up working with a recruiter across the country and received the Scholarship. The recruiter said there were more applicants this cycle than other cycles but I ended up getting it. So don't let your AMEDD recruiter tell you you can't apply for 3 or 2 yr program because of your GPA. But I know for a fact I wouldn't have gotten HPSP if I was not prior enlisted.

Being Prior enlisted will prioritize you over other civilian applicants.

My stat

Undergrad GPA: 3.68
DAT: 19

I got LOR from commanding officer, Platoon SGT, Training NCO, XO, Dentist I worked long time with.

Soldier stats I wrote on Resume:
4 year in Service
Was member of Sapper association
Brigade Soldier of the Year/ Best warrior
Division Best squad
USARC Best warrior competitor

So if you are prior enlisted in Dental School with low GPA and recruiter not willing to work with you? Just find a different office.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You are the kind of person that needs to be getting the HPSP scholarship with #1 priority. Prior enlisted should essentially be an auto acceptance.

It blows my mind and is very sad that your first recruiter didn't have that thought process. I would advise that any prior enlisted applying for this scholarship to report any recruiter not taking you seriously to their higher command.

Reactions: 1 user