Army ADT for MSII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StarboardMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I missed OBLC last summer because I had leg surgery and now I feel completely lost. According to a Navy HPSP student in my class, I should apply to do an at-school ADT this spring to fulfill my time commitment. Does this sound right? My biggest question is HOW do I apply for this? Is it somewhere on the MODS system? And does it matter specifically what time period I do it in, since I'm basically going to be at school from now until after I take Step I in mid-June?

Members don't see this ad.

When does your school start third-year rotations? If they start in August, then you may be able to attend OBLC this year (starts mid-June, don't know if that'll conflict with your boards). Or, you can simply do at-school orders (easier option). Since you missed OBC last year, you must have been put on at-school orders, so the process should be the same. Log on to MODS, and under the ADT request section, choose at-school orders. The date should automatically be filled in for August 17-September 30. You will probably also have to submit an exception to OBC policy letter, stating that you are unable to go this summer. I can't remember the details on the exception to policy letter, but I think MODS explained what to do (or contact your AMEDD contact person).

Thanks for the help! Third year starts the second week of July. I don't think I did at-school orders last year, because I've never received active duty pay. So it sounds like the way to do this is through MODS. Is there a way to change the time period that's considered at-school, or do I have to use the default dates? Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
You've never received active duty pay? Are you on a three or four year scholarship? If you're on a four-year scholarship, you really should have received some active duty pay already. And, no, there is no way to change the dates for school orders in the Army (if school orders make up the total of the ADT time). If you enter in school orders, 17 August - 30 September automatically pops up.

Four year scholarship and nope, I've never received active duty pay. Sure would come in handy right about now...
Thanks for your help!