Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2019-2020 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I've been following this forum over the past few months but just decided to post for the first time. My packet is currently waiting for the board review, I was just wondering if anyone's recruiters told them when they expected to hear about the results from the board? I know the Army-Baylor website says March 20, but historically it seems like the selection board usually meets around this week and sends out the results sometime next week. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!

The selection board meets from March 3-6th, later than last year. We're told that we will hear back around 2 weeks after that, which is where the 20th came from. FWIW, I've seen that in years past on similar threads, recruiters often notify the students within a week of the conclusion of the boards, but there is no guarantee of that this time. Best of luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I've been following this forum over the past few months but just decided to post for the first time. My packet is currently waiting for the board review, I was just wondering if anyone's recruiters told them when they expected to hear about the results from the board? I know the Army-Baylor website says March 20, but historically it seems like the selection board usually meets around this week and sends out the results sometime next week. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!
The board is meeting this week, and we should hear results by March 11th. That’s what the program said when I reached out.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got accepted!!!! The list should be circulating right now. Everyone be vigilant of your calls from recruiters.

Reactions: 3 users
Oh gosh, congratulations, guys! I still haven't heard anything. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's a rejection.

Got put on the Order of Merit list :(

• Sad
Accepted! I can hardly believe it! I can't wait to serve with you guys.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! I can hardly believe it! I can't wait to serve with you guys.

Congrats man!!! I knew you had it. We should start a fb group for all of the 2023 class.

Edit: Please DM to be added to the FB Group for the 2023 DPT class.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got put on the Order of Merit list :(
I got put on the OML as well. Don't let it discourage you, there is still hope for this program and this is a sign that you exceeding the standards for most other programs if it comes to that.

Reactions: 2 users
I was also accepted. I don't have any military background or ROTC experience so I have been researching BOLC quite a bit to learn about it. I have seen online that it will be changing this year because it will fall under Tradoc now. Do you guys know what these changes mean?

Is everyone else still waiting to receive the official email??

Congrats to those who got accepted. I was in the final pool and didn't get accepted unfortunately.

I am working on strengthening my PT shadowing and want to maybe find a research opportunity to get into.

1. If you were selected, would you please share what you showed for PT shadowing and how to stand out?
2. If you have worked with a special PT program and can help me get into one, like a research opportunity, would you please share that with me?

Also, I'd like to share my PT package with someone that was accepted to get critiqued. I REALLY want to make it next cycle and am trying everything that I can think of.

Thanks,
Brett

Hello all. Wondering if any active duty applicants have an example 4187 conditional letter of release that they could share with me? I will be applying this summer. Thank you!

Hello all. Wondering if any active duty applicants have an example 4187 conditional letter of release that they could share with me? I will be applying this summer. Thank you!

I've applied 2 times on active duty and haven't needed that. Maybe it comes into play after you are accepted. Not sure.

Brett

yeah, aim for a 318 gre, 200 to 300 volunteer hours that are spread out between clinic types, and high grades especially in prereqs

Hey, did anyone from this thread re-apply for this year (2020-2021 app cycle)?

I am a reapplicant as well. We won't hear anything until late October/ early November most likely when they reach out for interviews. It's a slow process.

I am a reapplicant as well. We won't hear anything until late October/ early November most likely when they reach out for interviews. It's a slow process.
That's what I figured. Last year they contacted applicants a little earlier than the timeline posted on their website, though.

That's what I figured. Last year they contacted applicants a little earlier than the timeline posted on their website, though.
You are right. I was initially questioned by one member of the board in late September last year. I answered a few questions and then had an interview in November. After the interview, the board met in February and we found out the results early March.

You are right. I was initially questioned by one member of the board in late September last year. I answered a few questions and then had an interview in November. After the interview, the board met in February and we found out the results early March.
Gotcha. Thanks for that info!