Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2019-2020 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was feeling a little nervous like the rest of you so I reached out to the program and got a prompt response saying that the review process is still going on and interviews are still being set up. That has eased my fears quite a bit. Kurimja, you submitted your application almost 2 months ahead of mine so I am a bit surprised you have not heard back. It might not be a bad idea for you to reach out to the program through the Army Baylor website to see if everything is in order. As far as you being current military I cannot speak to applicants being split into separate pools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Good day everyone! SSG C's post mirrors my own thoughts and feelings. I submitted my application in July, receiving the confirmation email that my PTCAS application was received on July 30th. Since then I haven't heard anything.

I'm positive that my application is quite strong, having worked with several Army Baylor graduates, training many physical therapists in my unique position in the Army, and after attending the tour last summer. Conversations I've had with the aforementioned populations initially instilled me with a significant amount of confidence. However, after reading through this thread, each passing day has been slightly compounding a bit of anxiety around the affair.

I have a question for the group. Those who have already underwent interviews and have received notifications towards their phase 2 advancement, is this your first year applying? I assumed that the order of merit would involve prior applicants that reapplied but perhaps didn't make the cut due to the limited number of positions available, early applicants, those whose testing scores vastly exceeded that of other applicants, then everyone else. Secondly, how many of you that have received interviews are currently in the military or were prior service? I'm curious whether they are separating those pools.

SFC Rice, N.
I have interviewed and been passed to phase 2 of processing. This is my first time applying, and I have no previous Military experience. I do not even have ROTC experience or any exposure to the military honestly. I submitted my application around mid August. Don't lose hope! No news im sure isn't bad news! There is still time!

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted in September, interview pending. Got my email on the 24th of October. I've got 4 years of military experience, but not in the medical field. Looks like a mixed bag! Hearing from others in similar boats is very reassuring :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted in September, interview pending. Got my email on the 24th of October. I've got 4 years of military experience, but not in the medical field. Looks like a mixed bag! Hearing from others in similar boats is very reassuring :)

What date in September if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: 1 user
Good day everyone! SSG C's post mirrors my own thoughts and feelings. I submitted my application in July, receiving the confirmation email that my PTCAS application was received on July 30th. Since then I haven't heard anything.

I'm positive that my application is quite strong, having worked with several Army Baylor graduates, training many physical therapists in my unique position in the Army, and after attending the tour last summer. Conversations I've had with the aforementioned populations initially instilled me with a significant amount of confidence. However, after reading through this thread, each passing day has been slightly compounding a bit of anxiety around the affair.

I have a question for the group. Those who have already underwent interviews and have received notifications towards their phase 2 advancement, is this your first year applying? I assumed that the order of merit would involve prior applicants that reapplied but perhaps didn't make the cut due to the limited number of positions available, early applicants, those whose testing scores vastly exceeded that of other applicants, then everyone else. Secondly, how many of you that have received interviews are currently in the military or were prior service? I'm curious whether they are separating those pools.

SFC Rice, N.

Hey SFC Rice, have you heard anything either way yet?
I am in the same standing as you (SSG and have not heard anything yet). Just wondering if you'd heard anything either way.

SSG D

Hey SFC Rice, have you heard anything either way yet?
I am in the same standing as you (SSG and have not heard anything yet). Just wondering if you'd heard anything either way.

SSG D

SSG D,

I reached out to the Admissions committee; inquiring as to whether or not an applicant may be informed if their packet has been reviewed, or if emails will be sent out to those not selected for interviews. A prompt reply was sent by the program director. He stated that my application had indeed been looked at, but gave no indication on whether or not the results of that board were positive or negative. He further clarified that notifications regarding the admissions committee decisions will begin being sent out on, or about, 15 NOV, and continue until DEC or until complete.

SSG D,

I reached out to the Admissions committee; inquiring as to whether or not an applicant may be informed if their packet has been reviewed, or if emails will be sent out to those not selected for interviews. A prompt reply was sent by the program director. He stated that my application had indeed been looked at, but gave no indication on whether or not the results of that board were positive or negative. He further clarified that notifications regarding the admissions committee decisions will begin being sent out on, or about, 15 NOV, and continue until DEC or until complete.
I like all the NCO representation I'm seeing! Thanks for reaching out To the committee and getting a little clarification SFC Rice, I will continue to hold my breath!

Reactions: 3 users
SSG D,

SFC Rice, Thank you for the response and for completing the legwork! I guess we will both just wait impatiently until the 15th.
My fingers are crossed for you, hopefully we are future classmates!

SSG D

Howdy folks!
I got my interview request email on Oct. 25th but haven't been contacted by anyone to schedule the interview. About how long was it between receiving that email and the scheduling email? I'm debating whether I should reach out to the admissions office to check in on that. Thanks!

Howdy folks!
I got my interview request email on Oct. 25th but haven't been contacted by anyone to schedule the interview. About how long was it between receiving that email and the scheduling email? I'm debating whether I should reach out to the admissions office to check in on that. Thanks!

I got mine within a week, but it also seemed as though it was up to the discretion of the interviewer. Either way, if I were you, I wouldn't worry.

Alright y'all, it's been a week since the last post on here. Has anyone new heard anything since last Monday? T-5 days...

Alright y'all, it's been a week since the last post on here. Has anyone new heard anything since last Monday? T-5 days...
Nope, nothing. I’ve heard on other threads that some people have gotten rejections already. So the fact that i haven’t heard anything gives me a hair of hope, but at the same time there’s only 5 days left, so I’m hesitant to have too much...

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, I just had my interview this past Friday, so I imagine they're still finishing some things up.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else hear anything, good or bad? I still have not heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
I have yet to receive an email either; though I remain hopeful.

For what it's worth, I just had my interview this past Friday, so I imagine they're still finishing some things up.
Congrats! How long was it between your notification of the interview and the interview itself?

Nope, nothing. I’ve heard on other threads that some people have gotten rejections already. So the fact that i haven’t heard anything gives me a hair of hope, but at the same time there’s only 5 days left, so I’m hesitant to have too much...
I have read applicants' posts about rejection emails on another forum as well, but the rejections were from other TX schools. Were the rejections you read about from Army-Baylor?

I emailed the admissions team this afternoon and they told me the dates reflected on the Army-Baylor DPT FAQ page and PTCAS Program Information page were guidelines, not strict timelines. They said interviews are still on-going and all applicants will receive email notification early next week on the status of their application. All fingers/toes crossed!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the word that I didn't make the cut for an interview. Good luck to everyone and for those who didn't get selected, if at first you don't succeed...

Just got the word that I didn't make the cut for an interview. Good luck to everyone and for those who didn't get selected, if at first you don't succeed...
I got the same email. I'm pretty bummed, but I know exactly what I need to work on for next year! Good luck, y'all.

Got a notification today I’m moving on to Phase II!!! Good luck to all!

Does anyone know approximately how many people move on to Phase II?

Whelp, rejection letter number 2 for me. Sucks but on to next year! Congratulations to y'all moving on to Phase II.

Hey all! I am a student currently in the Army-Baylor class that was accepted in March 2019. If you guys have any questions I would be more than happy to help out. I was very stressed during these months last year waiting to hear back, especially as my friends began to hear from other PT programs.
At this point last year in the application cycle we all heard we moved to phase II. I was also contacted by my recruiter around this time. I had my physical and filled out paperwork in mid-December when I went home from college. After that I had some more paperwork here and there to do with my recruiter. My recruiter called me on March 6th to tell me I was accepted and I did not hear from Army-Baylor until March 15th when I received my official letter of acceptance.
The process is long and there are many many steps, try to be as patient as possible, and good luck:)

Hey all! I am a student currently in the Army-Baylor class that was accepted in March 2019. If you guys have any questions I would be more than happy to help out. I was very stressed during these months last year waiting to hear back, especially as my friends began to hear from other PT programs.
At this point last year in the application cycle we all heard we moved to phase II. I was also contacted by my recruiter around this time. I had my physical and filled out paperwork in mid-December when I went home from college. After that I had some more paperwork here and there to do with my recruiter. My recruiter called me on March 6th to tell me I was accepted and I did not hear from Army-Baylor until March 15th when I received my official letter of acceptance.
The process is long and there are many many steps, try to be as patient as possible, and good luck:)
Hello! I hope you are doing well on your path to becoming an army PT!! I have a couple of questions regarding the Army Baylor PT program. I am a sophomore in college right now. I am in the Army National Guard as a combat medic (68W) and I have recently contracted with my colleges ROTC program so, by the time I graduate I will be ready to commission as an officer. I have a few questions :) From what I understand about the application deadlines I would have to apply for Baylor during the fall semester of my senior year of college right? What do you feel about your application made you stand out enough to get accepted? Also, would you mind sharing you stats such as GPA and hours spent jobs shadowing/volunteering? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this question but I've hit another road block in this journey and was hoping someone could help. To make things short, currently stationed in Germany and I'm only a few classes away from finishing my Bachelors and all I have left for pre-requisites is chem and Physics. The universities here offer both chem classes but no one offers a physics course with lab, at least one that isn't online. I'm still trying to work and find a way to possibly take a physics course at a local university but have had no luck due to me being in Germany.

My question is, is there any exception to policy for taking online courses for my pre-requisites? I understand it states on the website that they are not accept but I've got until May 2022 until my DEROS is done so time is not my friend right now if I have to wait to return to CONUS in order to take classes.. I've tried to contact the Army-Baylor department through their org box but had no luck and even reached out to the Baylor DPT department which told me they'd contact the Army side to get back to me. Once again, no luck. I'm going to try and reach them by phone through the number provided by PTCAS so hopefully I'll get some traction there, we'll see. Everything else is lining up to definitely be able to apply at the latest, next year with the exception of the physics requirements. It's all I need. I'd appreciate any sort of help because this has been my biggest goal for years and it's been a battle for me the past couple months trying to figure out how to make it work. Thanks!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from a recruiter??

• Wow

You should probably talk to Mr. Stephens. My recruiter contacted me over a month ago, and the two of us received phase II notifications at the same time. I would suspect that something is wrong.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this question but I've hit another road block in this journey and was hoping someone could help. To make things short, currently stationed in Germany and I'm only a few classes away from finishing my Bachelors and all I have left for pre-requisites is chem and Physics. The universities here offer both chem classes but no one offers a physics course with lab, at least one that isn't online. I'm still trying to work and find a way to possibly take a physics course at a local university but have had no luck due to me being in Germany.

My question is, is there any exception to policy for taking online courses for my pre-requisites? I understand it states on the website that they are not accept but I've got until May 2022 until my DEROS is done so time is not my friend right now if I have to wait to return to CONUS in order to take classes.. I've tried to contact the Army-Baylor department through their org box but had no luck and even reached out to the Baylor DPT department which told me they'd contact the Army side to get back to me. Once again, no luck. I'm going to try and reach them by phone through the number provided by PTCAS so hopefully I'll get some traction there, we'll see. Everything else is lining up to definitely be able to apply at the latest, next year with the exception of the physics requirements. It's all I need. I'd appreciate any sort of help because this has been my biggest goal for years and it's been a battle for me the past couple months trying to figure out how to make it work. Thanks!

It sounds like you're in a pretty tough spot. There is an email at the bottom of this page that I've used to contact people there before. Good luck!

It sounds like you're in a pretty tough spot. There is an email at the bottom of this page that I've used to contact people there before. Good luck!
I've e-mailed them a few times from my personal e-mail and I've also e-mailed them from my military e-mail in hopes that would've yielded better results but no luck.

The Phase 2 email you received has some instructions on who to contact--MAJ Roberts and Mr. Stephens.

Understood. Can you DM me?

Are they still notifying people about phase 2, or have they already let everyone know who is moving on? Active duty AF, btw

Hello! I hope you are doing well on your path to becoming an army PT!! I have a couple of questions regarding the Army Baylor PT program. I am a sophomore in college right now. I am in the Army National Guard as a combat medic (68W) and I have recently contracted with my colleges ROTC program so, by the time I graduate I will be ready to commission as an officer. I have a few questions :) From what I understand about the application deadlines I would have to apply for Baylor during the fall semester of my senior year of college right? What do you feel about your application made you stand out enough to get accepted? Also, would you mind sharing you stats such as GPA and hours spent jobs shadowing/volunteering? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi! If the application is the same as when I applied in 2018, you will complete your application the summer before your senior year of college. The quicker you submit after the application opens, the better. I submitted sometime in early August (application closes in October).

GPA, hours shadowing and volunteering seemed to vary among my class. I do not have exact numbers for the whole class (this is something I desperately sought out when I was in your shoes too) and I do not think it is fair to compare yourself to one person in a class of 26. Do your best in your classes, but make sure you focus on extracurriculars. Not just shadowing or volunteering because you have to, but because it is something your passionate about. Play intramural sports, take classes outside your major, participate in activities that you love. They are looking for well-rounded and passionate individuals. All of my classmates bring something different into the program and no one had the same statistics or really even close to the same background. ROTC and prior service will serve you well moving forward. I direct commissioned and I noticed that prior service/ROTC just have a better understanding of the military in general, but it is certainly not necessary!

One thing I will mention is that I had about 120 hours of shadowing but did so in a wide variety of locations. You do not need 100s of hours shadowing to be competitive. It is more about the quality and lessons learned from your experiences than the number of hours (as long as you have the minimum). I shadowed at a VA for about 30 hours because there were no military PTs near my college. Gain an understanding of what it means to be a military PT vs civilian. There is a HUGE difference in responsibility and expectations.

I think my research and references helped me to stand out among my peers. I was and am still passionate about research, especially related to rehabilitation/sports med. I also met some amazing individuals through research that wrote letters of recommendation for me. Most importantly, there is no perfect way into this program!

Good luck with school and ROTC! Keep working hard! And let me know if you have any other questions:)

Yes I am in the same boat. I tried to contact Mr. Stevens last week, MAJ Roberts this week. I also contacted my nearest AMEDD recruiter to hopefully get this process going. I’m awaiting a response but hope to hear soon!

I still haven't heard from a recruiter. I called my local AMEDD recruiter countless times and have not gotten a response. I have also emailed Mr. Stevens and MAJ Roberts and have not heard back from them either. I don't know what else I can do, but I am starting to get a little worried.

I still haven't heard from a recruiter. I called my local AMEDD recruiter countless times and have not gotten a response. I have also emailed Mr. Stevens and MAJ Roberts and have not heard back from them either. I don't know what else I can do, but I am starting to get a little worried.
I feel your pain! Ran into the same problem, but there seems to be some movement toward resolution. I attempted to contact my AMEDD recruiter but got no response. Next step was to try to contact an AMEDD recruiter from the next closest office. Eventually, I got down to just a local Army recruiter. I recorded the times I made all those calls and the response (or lack thereof) and sent an email to MAJ Roberts with that info. She got back to me the next day.
I also heard back from the second AMEDD recruiter I talked to. According to him, there's some kind of regional conference going on that many of them are attending. He said everything should be back to normal on Monday, so with any luck we'll hear something then. In the meantime, get as much of the paperwork done as you can.
I hope that helps or at least gives you some reassurance!

I feel your pain! Ran into the same problem, but there seems to be some movement toward resolution. I attempted to contact my AMEDD recruiter but got no response. Next step was to try to contact an AMEDD recruiter from the next closest office. Eventually, I got down to just a local Army recruiter. I recorded the times I made all those calls and the response (or lack thereof) and sent an email to MAJ Roberts with that info. She got back to me the next day.
I also heard back from the second AMEDD recruiter I talked to. According to him, there's some kind of regional conference going on that many of them are attending. He said everything should be back to normal on Monday, so with any luck we'll hear something then. In the meantime, get as much of the paperwork done as you can.
I hope that helps or at least gives you some reassurance!
Thank you! What paperwork are you referring to?

Thank you! What paperwork are you referring to?

The form to which I'm referring are the DD 2807-2, which looks like it mostly concerns medical history. The other is more of a set of instructions to help guide us through the process as it applies specifically to the DPT application process. Those forms were linked in an email from Mr. Sean Stephens, subject line "Army-Baylor DPT Phase II Recruiting Information". Hope that helps!

Well, my packet is off to QC! It's hard to believe that the only step left is the selection board. Best wishes to everyone still working through the paperwork; I'll be eager to hear the results come ~March 20!

Well, my packet is off to QC! It's hard to believe that the only step left is the selection board. Best wishes to everyone still working through the paperwork; I'll be eager to hear the results come ~March 20!

Hey Man,

I've seen that you have been active on the forum and wish you the best! My packet is off and ready for the boards as well! Not gonna lie, been getting kind of anxious as early March approaches. This year's Army-Baylor forum has not been as active as compared to previous years so maybe not as many people applied or got to phase 2? Not sure either way all we can do is hope for the best at this point. Will defiantly be letting the forum know about acceptance or being waitlisted. Good luck!

Hey Man,

I've seen that you have been active on the forum and wish you the best! My packet is off and ready for the boards as well! Not gonna lie, been getting kind of anxious as early March approaches. This year's Army-Baylor forum has not been as active as compared to previous years so maybe not as many people applied or got to phase 2? Not sure either way all we can do is hope for the best at this point. Will defiantly be letting the forum know about acceptance or being waitlisted. Good luck!

Thank you, and to you as well! I imagine many of us have been accepted to our #1 choice of civilian schools, but speaking for myself, an education and career in the military would just be incomparable. I am also eager to know. It has been a marathon, but there is just 1 month to go!

How do you guys think the academic rigor of this program compared to civilian PT programs? Besides the active duty obligations, do you think the rigor of the coursework is pretty comparable?

Hey guys, I've been following this forum over the past few months but just decided to post for the first time. My packet is currently waiting for the board review, I was just wondering if anyone's recruiters told them when they expected to hear about the results from the board? I know the Army-Baylor website says March 20, but historically it seems like the selection board usually meets around this week and sends out the results sometime next week. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!