Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2020 - 2021 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email that I have been accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I would be interested to find out if or when someone gets selected from the OML.

I would be interested to find out if or when someone gets selected from the OML.
I would be too. I know mr. stephens mentioned that each person selected has 7 days to accept the offer. I guess it would then depend how quickly they reach out to those on the OML. If its fairly quick maybe those selected off the OML would know 2 weeks ish from now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be too. I know mr. stephens mentioned that each person selected has 7 days to accept the offer. I guess it would then depend how quickly they reach out to those on the OML. If its fairly quick maybe those selected off the OML would know 2 weeks ish from now?
That's possible. As long as the program already sent out the official offers to those selected, then the 7 days would start. I'm guessing it won't be many that decline. And since we don't know where we are on the list, I am not very hopeful I'll get a call. Just curious who will and how long it will take. Maybe get an idea of how many are selected from the OML and see how it goes next application cycle.

Hey y’all! My recruiter just called me to inform me that I was pulled from the OML and was selected!

Reactions: 6 users
Did y’all get a formal email that you were accepted to the program?

Did y’all get a formal email that you were accepted to the program?
Also, I saw in the previous transcripts of this forum someone mentioned that we have 7 days to reply? Might I ask who do we reply to and inform of our acceptance of this seat in the program?

Also, I saw in the previous transcripts of this forum someone mentioned that we have 7 days to reply? Might I ask who do we reply to and inform of our acceptance of this seat in the program?
On Tuesday, I received an official email from the program director which required a response within 7 days. Maybe since you came off the OML it will take a couple days for them to send it out. Hope this helps.

On Tuesday, I received an official email from the program director which required a response within 7 days. Maybe since you came off the OML it will take a couple days for them to send it out. Hope this helps.
Thanks I just got the email like 5 minutes after I made the post lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone done the OPAT or talk to their recruiter about commissioning, yet? Any idea when we will have to be in TX? I know the website says it’s typically the third Monday in August.

Would any of y’all be interested in starting a group chat? It’d be pretty cool to start getting to know some of y’all.

Would any of y’all be interested in starting a group chat? It’d be pretty cool to start getting to know some of y’all.
I could start a GroupMe if y'all are interested! DM me privately on here and I will message you the link.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone done the OPAT or talk to their recruiter about commissioning, yet? Any idea when we will have to be in TX? I know the website says it’s typically the third Monday in August.
I asked Mr. Stephens about this, and he said he'd be sending out an email about timelines mid week (next week). I think he's solidifying the class first.

Does anyone have any advice on getting hours with a military physical therapist? I tried my local VA clinics, but they are not letting people shadow because of Covid and I would really like to get some experience in.

Have they finalized the class roster yet?
I’m not sure. The email we got said we had until May 10th to reply if we want to join the program. I contacted Mr. Stephens and he said that he would send email “on Tuesday to address the entire cohort on how we move forward.” So I’m assuming those who get that email tomorrow are those on the “class roster”.

I’m not sure. The email we got said we had until May 10th to reply if we want to join the program. I contacted Mr. Stephens and he said that he would send email “on Tuesday to address the entire cohort on how we move forward.” So I’m assuming those who get that email tomorrow are those on the “class roster”.
If that's the case they must be finished pulling individuals from the oml. So I guess I won't be joining the cohort the cycle. But good luck to everyone else that was accepted!

Does anyone have any advice on getting hours with a military physical therapist? I tried my local VA clinics, but they are not letting people shadow because of Covid and I would really like to get some experience in.
I personally got my hours through and Army-ROTC internship. Other than that I really did not have any luck getting hours through a VA even pre-covid. Sorry that isn't very helpful. But worth mentioning if you by chance are doing ROTC

For those who were placed on the OML, keep in mind, we have activated applicants from the OML up until the 1st of December prior to starting classes. We highly encourage anyone that wishes to remain in consideration of being activated off the OML to complete any outstanding recruiting requirements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Pretty specific question. I currently just finished my sophomore year of undergrad. The one big hole I see in my resume when I look to apply here in a year or so is no prior service. I'm very interested in taking the reserves route for my last two years of undergrad, but would I be required to finish my reserves contract before applying/entering the program? Or could that contract simply change to active duty once I were to enter the Army-Baylor DPT program? I apologize for any glaring concepts I'm missing, very new to how the military contracting system works

Pretty specific question. I currently just finished my sophomore year of undergrad. The one big hole I see in my resume when I look to apply here in a year or so is no prior service. I'm very interested in taking the reserves route for my last two years of undergrad, but would I be required to finish my reserves contract before applying/entering the program? Or could that contract simply change to active duty once I were to enter the Army-Baylor DPT program? I apologize for any glaring concepts I'm missing, very new to how the military contracting system works
Plenty of civilians are accepted into the program! I wouldn't say it's a glaring hole in your resume if you have extracurriculars demonstrating leadership.

The website says about 2/3 of the accepted class are civilians.

Congrats! To anyone who's been accepted, do you have any tips for the application process or interview?
Try to really increase your experience in various clinical settings (i.e. acute care, outpatient, sports setting, sub-acute) and increase your knowledge pertaining to the clinical aspect of the field that will gain you confidence come interview time. If you could get a military PT setting for observation hours and have some experience in leadership (even in the private sector), even better.

Greetings all!

Similar to @DPT_here_i_come, I won't be applying this cycle - aiming for the 2021-2022 cycle, but looking to be kept in the loop for those going through this current cycle! Still needing to take the GRE and re-up on some prerequisite courses before submitting my application next year.

A little bit of background of myself: Currently Active Duty in the Air Force looking to make a career change from flying into the world of PT! Similarly to the folks above, feel free to reach out to me if you have mil questions!

Cheers!
Marc
Hello,

I know this a very late question in relation to your posting date. I am active duty Army and was just hoping you could share your experiences with trying to take your prerequisite classes while on AD. According to the site, they do not accept online labs and this seems like the only way I could accomplish this with my job. The local community college offers these prereqs online but I am afraid that they will be rejected. Thanks for any advice in advance!

Sincerely,
Robert