Arranged Matrimonial Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Buckeye(OH) said:
I really WANT the opportunity to date an Indian girl. As it is, I havent had that chance :confused:

Don't fret my dear friend.
It is rough and people aren't nice.

To me patriotism helps. Keeps my mind calm - makes me feel that I have a job to do as an Indian American. Otherwise don't know what would have happened :scared:

BTW I think you become more patriotic living here cause you see the good sides of nationalism and other such ideals only in the US
topic for another forum though

Members don't see this ad.

Buckeye(OH) said:
I really WANT the opportunity to date an Indian girl. As it is, I havent had that chance :confused:

Even in circumstances where there are a lot of indo girls around, it still becomes difficult to meet one to date... especially if they are in the indo scene.

Anyway.. things like that are up for debate (so I don't want to hear any backlash) and I swear I could write books on this topic..... but it has been my experience that I can't seriously pursue a relationship with an Indo girl without being interrogated by her extended family and close friends first! (includes brothers, sisters, cousins, etc etc.) :laugh: Relationships between Indian people tend to be more on the serious side, which can set up the potential for drama in the future. Overall, the relationship dynamics are definitely different than the typical american dating scene.

Nevertheless, I've grown accustomed to the differences... whether good or bad, they are there... and at this point, I don't think I would want to have a serious relationship with a non-indo girl. Never totally keeping my mind closed on that one tho!

Buckeye(OH) said:

yeah same here...iono, most of the ndn girls i meet these days seem like stuckup, daddy's girls who only give a f--k about how much money u got, the clothes u wear, and the car u drive (im well off, i wear nice clothes, and i have a nice car; yet they are still snobby). Ive met a few that are down to earth and nice...but unfortunetly, like someone said, the snobby ones are giving teh good ones a bad name. The hot ones act like they are better than everyone else..and some of the um, not so good looking girls act like that too. Hopefully they ain't like that back in india..when i leave for school next fall...priyanka, any advice on my last point...???

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
there are a variety of girls in india. but there are more options. 30% out of the 100% are snobby. you still got 70%. i think in US u have less option. Believe me I think the guys in US are stupid, first they dont like to identify themselves as indians, secondly they have several relationships with several girls..n wat not..neway i dont even like to talk about it , it sucks..i wish i was in india..The guys were better there...i actually miss my guy friends...i miss being teased...being the center of attraction...having a crush.... or being someones crush....i havent liked a single guy here coz huh more than indian i think they are all wannabees....they are good looking thats ok..but there were many more good looking ones in india...n i miss being admired for the cultural values i hold...coz no one values them here....but huh i m not gonna changei hate this place its so expensive...I dont know if i can even make it through the undergraduate process because of financial problems..neway thats a totally different matter. HUH WATEVER

did u graduated your 12th from india and then came here for undergrad.........I really miss all the things u said..,,,

priyanka said:
there are a variety of girls in india. but there are more options. 30% out of the 100% are snobby. you still got 70%. i think in US u have less option. Believe me I think the guys in US are stupid, first they dont like to identify themselves as indians, secondly they have several relationships with several girls..n wat not..neway i dont even like to talk about it , it sucks..i wish i was in india..The guys were better there...i actually miss my guy friends...i miss being teased...being the center of attraction...having a crush.... or being someones crush....i havent liked a single guy here coz huh more than indian i think they are all wannabees....they are good looking thats ok..but there were many more good looking ones in india...n i miss being admired for the cultural values i hold...coz no one values them here....but huh i m not gonna changei hate this place its so expensive...I dont know if i can even make it through the undergraduate process because of financial problems..neway thats a totally different matter. HUH WATEVER

yeah..most of my friends don't like identifying themselves as ndn. Its funny though, i was like that in high school, but when i came to college, i got all into the ndn scene here. Priyanka, thats good to know about the girl situtation in india..lol, if u were back in india i'd tell u to stay away from my cousin cause he's a certifiable P.I.M.P; i have many stories, i'll save them for whoever asks.

desikudi said:
did u graduated your 12th from india and then came here for undergrad.........I really miss all the things u said..,,,

yes i did my 12th in india. How about yourself?

priyanka said:
yes i did my 12th in india. How about yourself?
yup..me too.

last time i was in india, my cousin told me that you can pick up indian girls easily if you speak good english. This was in Bangalore, any truth to this?

DAMN
I hope there are atleast some good indian guys on this earth who don't think about just PICKING UP girls.
What the hell, do guys know what "love" is ? :confused: If you wanna pick up girls why not in the US, you dont need to speak english to get just the "indian girls".
:scared:

Girls can be picked up anywhere, because they might be professionals at that. India doesn't lack those kind of professionals. Just remember, if you wanta marry a nice indian girl, she'd die before knowing that you did anything like that else just expect her to do the same even after marriage, because its very easy for girls to sway as well and then you can't complain anymore,even if you do that wouldn't make any sense. Why do you think the divorce rate in US is so high?!?!

calm down pri, i was jus asking if there is any merit to that statement, when' i'm india i spend all my time with family or traveling around. I thought it was a weird thing for my cousin to mention and the posts in this thread reminded me of that.

vikaskoth said:
calm down pri, i was jus asking if there is any merit to that statement, when' i'm india i spend all my time with family or traveling around. I thought it was a weird thing for my cousin to mention and the posts in this thread reminded me of that.

Yay vikaskoth, sounds good. Good you told me I feel much better about my country studs :cool: . lol sorry I act like a kid sometimes.

priyanka said:
Yay vikaskoth, sounds good. Good you told me I feel much better about my country studs :cool: . lol sorry I act like a kid sometimes.

Indian stud number 1 right here :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckeye(OH) said:
Indian stud number 1 right here :D

uh hu , and whats that that qualifies you as a stud? :rolleyes:

:p

Buckeye(OH) said:
I think, therefore I am. No need to qualify. :cool:

lol i was kidding. More like expecting you to ermm describe how long do u strain your biceps or how many egg whites for breakfast...
kidding again...
I personally don think that studs are to be defined by the old definition of stud..like biceps n all...for me stud is ...

I wont write it!

desikudi said:
yup..me too.

beginning of 10th grade so I didn't have to take the boards !! I was so happy ... that thing is torture!! its like taking the MCATS over and over!!

CaliAtenza said:
yeah same here...iono, most of the ndn girls i meet these days seem like stuckup, daddy's girls who only give a f--k about how much money u got, the clothes u wear, and the car u drive (im well off, i wear nice clothes, and i have a nice car; yet they are still snobby). Ive met a few that are down to earth and nice...but unfortunetly, like someone said, the snobby ones are giving teh good ones a bad name. The hot ones act like they are better than everyone else..and some of the um, not so good looking girls act like that too. Hopefully they ain't like that back in india..when i leave for school next fall...priyanka, any advice on my last point...???

Have you had that experience after you talked to them and got to know them or because they just seem stuck up? My high school didn't have that many indian guys but when I got to college... they were everywhere... I am a very friendly person and smile at everyone.. for some reason when you smile at an Indian guy or look at him he thinks that you are interested in him and like him. This happened with me on three separate occasions and then rumors spread like rapid fire lol SO I stopped smiling at Indian guys... I know that sounds mean but I can't take anymore dramas. I mean if someone talks to me I talk to them too but I stopped smiling at random indian guys because they get this wierd sense that I am interested in them.
DO you guys really think that if a girl looks at you and smiles that she is interested in you??

DoctorMalki said:
DO you guys really think that if a girl looks at you and smiles that she is interested in you??

most of the indian guys i know are pretty socially capable.. on the flip side, i guess i wouldn't really hang with the type of person who would get all excited over a casual smile, indian or not..

priyanka said:
lol i was kidding. More like expecting you to ermm describe how long do u strain your biceps or how many egg whites for breakfast...
kidding again...
I personally don think that studs are to be defined by the old definition of stud..like biceps n all...for me stud is ...

I wont write it!

Actually, by the classical muscular definition of stud, I am that. I work very hard in the gym. In fact, today, I deadlifted 435 lbs, a personal record.

I am like 8% bodyfat, but when my parents took my picture to India, all of my relatives thought I was fat....I guess they aren't used to seeing too many muscular Indians.

DoctorMalki said:
Have you had that experience after you talked to them and got to know them or because they just seem stuck up? My high school didn't have that many indian guys but when I got to college... they were everywhere... I am a very friendly person and smile at everyone.. for some reason when you smile at an Indian guy or look at him he thinks that you are interested in him and like him. This happened with me on three separate occasions and then rumors spread like rapid fire lol SO I stopped smiling at Indian guys... I know that sounds mean but I can't take anymore dramas. I mean if someone talks to me I talk to them too but I stopped smiling at random indian guys because they get this wierd sense that I am interested in them.

actually..the experience is both ways...mostly the first one though. But i have a discerning eye for who's stuck up and who's not stuck up; just look at the body language. Im not one to believe in rumors or **** talkin either, about people (which happens A LOT with ndns); but in some cases, unfortunetly, those rumors have been proven true. And no, if a girl smiles at me, i don't immediately think that she's interested in me or vice versa. Its just a friendly thing to do :)..that concept is lost on some ndn girls though, and just people in general these days. Iono, somehow it seems there is a secret to ndn girls that i haven't figured out yet...someone help me out on that???

priyanka said:
Originally Posted by priyanka

That reminds me of my school and college life in India. I really miss those days filled with lots of fun. I havent experienced anything close to that here.
Talking about stuck up Indian gurls, Ive met my fair share. I noticed that the hot , cute Indian gurls are the ones that act like every Indian from India is a POS. There are some down to earth ones also, and most of the time they have an inferiority complex that they arnt hot or that they are overweight. I really would date an average looking Indian girl with some regard for cultural values and traditions (in India or here) anyday over some of these ultra hot lipstick babies. But thats just me :) .I have friends who think otherwise.

CaliAtenza said:
actually..the experience is both ways...mostly the first one though. But i have a discerning eye for who's stuck up and who's not stuck up; just look at the body language. Im not one to believe in rumors or **** talkin either, about people (which happens A LOT with ndns); but in some cases, unfortunetly, those rumors have been proven true. And no, if a girl smiles at me, i don't immediately think that she's interested in me or vice versa. Its just a friendly thing to do :)..that concept is lost on some ndn girls though, and just people in general these days. Iono, somehow it seems there is a secret to ndn girls that i haven't figured out yet...someone help me out on that???

lol I promise to tell u the secret if u tell me how to figure out guys. I think guys are just as complicated as girls maybe more ;) ok well here goes from my prespective... if you're looking for a down to earth girl you have to be down to earth first. I think those girls hate when guys show off or r cocky.... just be yourself don't try to act smart or be a smart alec... don't try to show off your money or car n all those kinds of things. just talk to her get to know her and it goes on from there. I guess every girl is different in what she wants in a guy so i am just focusing on what not to do to piss the nice ones off lol ... sorry gotta go to class now will continue later :)

sandeepp said:
That reminds me of my school and college life in India. I really miss those days filled with lots of fun. I havent experienced anything close to that here.
Talking about stuck up Indian gurls, Ive met my fair share. I noticed that the hot , cute Indian gurls are the ones that act like every Indian from India is a POS. There are some down to earth ones also, and most of the time they have an inferiority complex that they arnt hot or that they are overweight. I really would date an average looking Indian girl with some regard for cultural values and traditions (in India or here) anyday over some of these ultra hot lipstick babies. But thats just me :) .I have friends who think otherwise.

sandeep what the hell!!!
You should see me before making the statement of "down to earth" girls!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! You just ruined the image of down to earth girls..
they are overwieight, not good looking and have inferiority complex!!! LOL
anyway this sounds very funny to me...I dont know maybe your enviorenment gave you just that experience...
But its a wrong statement...I m sure you'll realise that soon (I hope)

Its all good yo... well if ur definition of down to earth is really...LOOKING DOWN ON TO THE EARTH ALL THE TIME>.then maybe you are right...
My definition of down to earth is the actual definition of the same!

Oh by the way...I miss that college life to...bunkin lectures and sitting in the canteen having samosas n teasing couples, hanging out with guys.. cheking out the guys at the neighbouring graduate school...rejecting red roses, playing "truth and dare", not to mention competing on the exams...yet having all the fun in the world...
I never attended lectures...still I had a good balance between study n fun!
I m sure am gonna award myself with a longgggggggggg trip to india after I get something I want in the US!!! YAY!

Yeah Priyanka,
I was just telling you about my experiences, and the statement was made with regards to the majorities. I do know people like you too, but its just that they arnt in the numbers I would like them to be.
Talking of samosas, I remember those college days. I never bunked lots of classes, but we always had fun in the normal +1and +2 classes even though the lecturers were there. :) Im sure you miss all that attention you would get from the guys. A love letter or a confession everyday ..lol.. I had a friend in India, who was so sick of stuff like that, that she would be like...why does everyone want to love me .I wish I wasnt pretty...lol..Id be like...hey enjoy it while you can,this Life isnt gonna come back.. :laugh: Anyways, even though I miss all those days, I am pretty much occupied with studying , my love for sportbikes, and my friends.If it werent for them, i wouldnt even consider living here. I believe I am here on a mission..and Im here to stay till the end of it.. :) And yeah, I am planning on a 2 month vacation to Indddiiaaaa before I go to med school. :D .

priyanka said:
sandeep what the hell!!!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! You just ruined the image of down to earth girls..
anyway this sounds very funny to me...I dont know maybe your enviorenment gave you just that experience...

Its all good yo... well if ur definition of down to earth is really...LOOKING DOWN ON TO THE EARTH ALL THE TIME>.then maybe you are right...

QUOTE]
:laugh: :laugh: well said priyanka:thumbup:

sandeepp said:
Yeah Priyanka,
I was just telling you about my experiences, and the statement was made with regards to the majorities. I do know people like you too, but its just that they arnt in the numbers I would like them to be.
Talking of samosas, I remember those college days. I never bunked lots of classes, but we always had fun in the normal +1and +2 classes even though the lecturers were there. :) Im sure you miss all that attention you would get from the guys. A love letter or a confession everyday ..lol.. I had a friend in India, who was so sick of stuff like that, that she would be like...why does everyone want to love me .I wish I wasnt pretty...lol..Id be like...hey enjoy it while you can,this Life isnt gonna come back.. :laugh: Anyways, even though I miss all those days, I am pretty much occupied with studying , my love for sportbikes, and my friends.If it werent for them, i wouldnt even consider living here. I believe I am here on a mission..and Im here to stay till the end of it.. :) And yeah, I am planning on a 2 month vacation to Indddiiaaaa before I go to med school. :D .

Lol sandeep, on the love letters of confession i remember the paper rockets we would fly from one desk to another..it wasnt always about love though..anonymous people would write whatever..lol

I remember an embarrasing but incident in grade 11 when , I was kinda seated in the middle of the row , the lecturer lecturing .....
At the end of the class I got up of my bench because I had to talk to the lecturer. And suddenly the whole class bursts into laughter..I was so confused and lost...Anyway I walked to the professor who was grinning at me too....I was like professor I have a question, and the prof smiles harder...I just ignored it and went ahead with my question...when i was looking onto the question written onto my notepad, he pulls out something from my pony tail...I was like HUH...just to notice that it is a pen refill!!! Ofcourse the class was having a hard laff..I checked my pony tail and what came onto my hand were a bunch of pen refills stuck up all into my pony tail!!! It was so embarrasing coz everyone was laffing...i gave a pungent stare at the guys sitting on the bench right behind me and walked out of the class half laffing myself...half..embarrased..well two of these guys had a hard time to get me to talk to them again! I got a nice "chinese food" treat though from them :D :D
ohhh i have many many more fun incidents to talk about but jst this for now lol..its good to remember them you know..oh not to forget the Jam sessions..they were really really SOMETHING!!!

Can i detatch these fun days from my memories, the ans is NO...no wonder why i miss india so much.. i ve not had such a good time in US as i did in my 7-th to 12th grade!!

desikudi said:
priyanka said:
sandeep what the hell!!!

QUOTE]
:laugh: :laugh: well said priyanka:thumbup:

hey desikudi hows ya doing gurl ? are you a freshman in college rite now? :) ..

priyanka said:
hey desikudi hows ya doing gurl ? are you a freshman in college rite now? :) ..
i am fine..how ru doing??didnt c u online since last few days..
nup..yr wise i am a sophomore..but officially i am a junior .will be applying next yr.How about u?R u applying this yr to med schools??

priyanka said:
Can i detatch these fun days from my memories, the ans is NO...no wonder why i miss india so much.. i ve not had such a good time in US as i did in my 7-th to 12th grade!!

:laugh: , You should just have said " This is the new fashion yall..." lol ! jk...I have lots of stories too. Interesting ones...each and everyone of them..:). I just need some ears and some time for them.. :)

sandeepp said:
:laugh: , You should just have said " This is the new fashion yall..." lol ! jk...I have lots of stories too. Interesting ones...each and everyone of them..:). I just need some ears and some time for them.. :)
Hi sandeep...R u an undergrad here(US)??

so is most dating among teenagers in india completely secretive or is it becoming more accepted? this question is in reference to what the previous posts were talking about

vikaskoth said:
so is most dating among teenagers in india completely secretive or is it becoming more accepted? this question is in reference to what the previous posts were talking about

Its not secretive, all this goes on on campus, neither can you call it dating. Dating happens more on after 12th grade classes. The grades 11 and 12 are called college..Its more like it depends on your major..commerce and arts people do all the crazy stuff on earth..the science people are more into either just hanging out arnd and flirting in the most innocent manner or participating in events.. All science majors are supposed to have lectures and labs almost all day..You arent expected to return back home until 8-8:30 at nite..and then thers always the excuse of trains being late or overly crowded lol.... even after lectures, parents are told that we are gonna go study..ofcourse we did study..but fun was always apart and parcel of it..
Even the school level its all the first crush kinda thing going on.(** the best nights are when you have your overnight 1-2 days class picnics to lonavla - 3-4 buses driving down the valleys!**).. When you really get so crushed that you wanna tell that person how you feel about him, you refrain yourself and say...no this aint happening..i gotta concentrate on studyin for my boards for which my parents have spent so much money with coaching classes etc..and that my parents will kill me if by means of rumors(which spread very easily in india) they get to know about me even being thinking of love.. (parents in india expect you to think of nothing but studying huh)
So thats the best part of it is..both at school and college level, students are expecting the ever daunting board exams..That is where the line gets drawn...and your first crush flows away with the flow...while you are still doing the same...
doesnt that suck? killing your feelings...it sure does- when you pass again by the lane you know you crush used to live...your eyes dont stop hunting for that persons sight.. :oops:

sandeepp said:

lol :D

desikudi said:
i am fine..how ru doing??didnt c u online since last few days..
nup..yr wise i am a sophomore..but officially i am a junior .will be applying next yr.How about u?R u applying this yr to med schools??

Hey desikudi,

I m a sophomore :) nah I wont be taking the MCAT next year.. the year after that ;) But you know I am not too good at the verbal section, so its in my best interest to practice some :idea: are you taking it next year? Good luck with the prep... :thumbup:
Dont take kaplan review...i ve heard over n over..that princeton is 10 times b etter to them...I think even examKrackers, but EK is offered only in certain locations..

priyanka said:
Hey desikudi,

I m a sophomore :) nah I wont be taking the MCAT next year.. the year after that ;) But you know I am not too good at the verbal section, so its in my best interest to practice some :idea: are you taking it next year? Good luck with the prep... :thumbup:
Dont take kaplan review...i ve heard over n over..that princeton is 10 times b etter to them...I think even examKrackers, but EK is offered only in certain locations..
yeah.thanks...i am taking MCAT next yr :D and as far as VERBAL SECTION goes,i am horrible at it :( ..I remember the SAT. :eek: But I am trying my best to excell in it and as u said,,practice makes a man perfect. :thumbup:

vikaskoth said:

Ive heard that the dating thing is more accepted now by parents now. Dating was never secretive among friends,cousins,neighbours and watchmen.:laugh: Two years ago before I came here, that wasnt the situation. Well not in Visakhapatnam (near Hyderabad) where I lived. I could relate a lot to Priyanka's post. Well..I did have a crush on this one classmate of mine since 6th grade untilll 10th grade.LOL...it was like a mutual understanding that we liked each other. We were best friends, but we never got around to hanging out together after class or such. I lived with my grandparents while my parents lived in South Africa, so they were really strict on my staying out late. I did get to talk for hrs on the phone though..lol..miss those days. To this day I wish me and that gurl went to the same college after that :( , unfortunately she moved to Bombay, and there it ended. Ive had many crushes over the years..but I somehow still have feelings for her.... :D ..I feel like I still havent found someone better than her..Help me someone.. :p

vikaskoth said:

More accepted.
Sadly for me cause I am here!

Premedtomed said:
More accepted.
Sadly for me cause I am here!
LOL :laugh: .....ohh poor guy :laugh: :laugh: ....jk

vikaskoth said:

BTW Vikas,
congragulations on your acceptance to Tulane :thumbup:

Could you share with us, since both your parents were doctors, what in particular did you find attractive about the profession? Did they discourage you ever? from being a doctor?

Please donot change topic priyanka.
it's very IntRUSTing thread.
I am following every day. but, this is my first post.

Idlebrain said:
:laugh:

priyanka said:
BTW Vikas,
congragulations on your acceptance to Tulane :thumbup:

Could you share with us, since both your parents were doctors, what in particular did you find attractive about the profession? Did they discourage you ever? from being a doctor?

Thanks pri, ok lets see, i was attracted to medicine when i was younger because of the prestige, lifestyle, free stuff from pharmacy comps, As i started college and became more interested in the actual subject manner and its application in a clinical setting. I shadowed an orthopedic surgeon during a summer and it was really this experience that solidified my belief that i would enjoy working with patients everday in an office and hospital setting, and i was really attracted to the specialty of surgery and how cool of a working environment the operating room is. I never watched my parents at work much, mom is FP, dad is IM. I wouldnt say that they ever discouraged me from medicine but they definitely informed me of all the negative aspects directly or indirectly, They suggested engineering and comp sci as i was starting undergrad, but i never had great interest in those fields. But since i have been applying and all they tell me i should specialize, its more rewarding for the work you do. But also i think they say that because they want me to have more of a life outside medicine than they did. They never forced medicine on me, it was more pressure just do to well in school right now and see where that takes you. hope this helps

Idlebrain said:

LOL !

Anyone else see the shaadi.com banner on the top of this page ? Keyword advertising eh.. :laugh:

Idlebrain said:

As you apparently supported my viewpoint yourself by mentioning "inRUSTing" you and me both know, that this topic is RUSTING...so why apparently you wanta make yourself feel that its not? :D or do you think repairing the rust would be a good idea? You know how things rust very soon in bombay coz of the humidity? I ve never seen a thing rusting in US.

vikaskoth said:
Thanks pri, ok lets see, i was attracted to medicine when i was younger because of the prestige, lifestyle, free stuff from pharmacy comps, As i started college and became more interested in the actual subject manner and its application in a clinical setting. I shadowed an orthopedic surgeon during a summer and it was really this experience that solidified my belief that i would enjoy working with patients everday in an office and hospital setting, and i was really attracted to the specialty of surgery and how cool of a working environment the operating room is. I never watched my parents at work much, mom is FP, dad is IM. I wouldnt say that they ever discouraged me from medicine but they definitely informed me of all the negative aspects directly or indirectly, They suggested engineering and comp sci as i was starting undergrad, but i never had great interest in those fields. But since i have been applying and all they tell me i should specialize, its more rewarding for the work you do. But also i think they say that because they want me to have more of a life outside medicine than they did. They never forced medicine on me, it was more pressure just do to well in school right now and see where that takes you. hope this helps

FPs and IMs have a lot of patient interaction as opposed to the surgeons, don't they? But the role of a surgeon is certainly more challenging..Depends on what gets you going..Personally I think surgery gets me going (from my shadowing different doctors' experience) but surgery is really unique as compared to optometry or dermetology ..its not a 9-5 thing, so some sacrifice in personal life ..although depends on how you manage it..what kinda surgeon you wanta be -orthopedic?

aNYWAY I think someone is gonna yell again for going off topic of this thread!!..so i ll not continue.

First off, this thread has no topic, its pretty random postings. If idlebrain can't follow a thread if there is some variability in the posts, thats his problem its not like he is making any posts
My parents have lots of patient interaction, i just never shadowed them or anything like that. The only surgery i've seen up close is orthopedic, but i wanna see other stuff too, i dont really have my heart set on anything. Oh and i believe you meant to say ophthalmology not optometry (not MD's)