Arranged Matrimonial Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
priyanka said:
wow my finals are over..I cant be happier..
enjoy gurl :thumbup: mine will start next week,except 1 taht i had today. :(

Members don't see this ad.

desikudi said:

awww I feel ya! I felt the same way last week and the whole week was the MOSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT stressful time of my quarter!! I dont know how much coffee i consumed maybe like a 1000 gallon. totally got me zombied!

U ll be done soon! :thumbup: :D

desikudi said:
amrita roa is a new actress ....she was in IShk vishq,..... in main hoon na too. but no comparision to kajol.

ohhh i know who that is ..... she is pretty, lets just hope she keeps it simple and doesn't go all slutty like the rest of the girls.

Members don't see this ad :)
priyanka said:
wow my finals are over..I cant be happier..

man lucky you! I hopwe they went well !! Mine start next week.... I should be free after wednesday though.... then its time to go watch oceans twelve :D so many hottties in one movie :love:

desikudi said:

good luck !! :luck:

good luck Dr Malki and DesiKudi.. :luck:

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw one of the flashing ad's on top of the Indian thread to be "Indianmatrimonials.com".... I tell you this dulha dulhan people never leave us alone.

AMMD said:
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw one of the flashing ad's on top of the Indian thread to be "Indianmatrimonials.com".... I tell you this dulha dulhan people never leave us alone.
:laugh: :laugh:

AMMD said:

:laugh: :laugh: I guess its a pretty popular site

lols i love to scroll thru the bridal wear websites..the lehengas r sooooooooo beautiful..!and expensive ..but nething for the bride right ? :D

priyanka said:
lols i love to scroll thru the bridal wear websites..the lehengas r sooooooooo beautiful..!and expensive ..but nething for the bride right ? :D

dude, you are freaking me out man :scared: . Why is this shaadi stuff so important to us :confused: ?

I think since the day i was born my grandmothers have been keeping an eye out for "nice girls who can speak marathi" whatever that is.

Not to mention that since I got into school my "stock value" has sky rocketed and if I match into the specialty of my choice, i automatically go blue chip. What i find really funny is each week when I call my grandmas they try to find out if there is somone on the horizon, and whats even funnier is they think they are trying to be discreet with their questioning :laugh:

:oops: Too bad I believe in laow marriage.... my grandmas are going to be crushed :(

I pray to God I never get too old to the point I have to resort to a personals website (i.e. shaadi.com, hindimatrimony.com) to finding a bride....would like to meet a nice chic before I finish undergrad...i'm running out of time. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
shivalrous said:
I pray to God I never get too old to the point I have to resort to a personals website (i.e. shaadi.com, hindimatrimony.com) to finding a bride....would like to meet a nice chic before I finish undergrad...i'm running out of time. :(
chip in the chivalary and u will find a dame...all the best.....happy hunting... :luck:

shivalrous said:

relax I am in the same situation ;)

:(

lols u guys shud wait until u get into med schol...if u have a gf/bf in undergrad and wat if he she goes to antoher med school? that wuld suck,...tahts the only reason i m holding on ;) lol excuse my typing

priyanka said:
lols u guys shud wait until u get into med schol...if u have a gf/bf in undergrad and wat if he she goes to antoher med school? that wuld suck,...tahts the only reason i m holding on ;) lol excuse my typing
true..same reason here ;)

desikudi said:
true..same reason here ;)
i guess that's why i waited. but coming from someone in med...this may not be the best. for indians the pool is small to begin with. getting in and being in med school makes your pool shrink further. i hope i don't have to resort to "matrimonial ads" but sheesh the way things look right now...that options can't be off the table.

sinnah83 said:
i guess that's why i waited. but coming from someone in med...this may not be the best. for indians the pool is small to begin with. getting in and being in med school makes your pool shrink further. i hope i don't have to resort to "matrimonial ads" but sheesh the way things look right now...that options can't be off the table.

I agree. I have many friends in med school and they all tell me that med school is not the ideal time to find a guy/girl. A lot of the nice guys are already either in relationships or engaged/ married and the pool is very small. so keep your options open ;)

network. thats the key to life. in the medical profession, as in so many other professions, your ability to network can set you apart. when you are applying for residencies, who you know, and who's support you have can go such a long way. same thing for when you're out practicing, even more so.

it also helps with relationships. if you're single, one of the best things you can do is just continue to meet people. the best way to do that is through networking, through friends. networking with friends is different, you're not going around making small talk and handing out your business card every time you see someone you don't know, but my advice, stay tight with people who are already in relationships or already married, they always have tons of single friends. meeting a girl at a random party or a club or something is possible, but meeting a friend of a friend, or being introduced to someone that you both mutually know, thats a lot easier. plus your friends know you, so they might have an idea of someone you should meet.

arranged marriage in the old sense is largely defunct. its evolved considerably. really, i think what happens is moreso "arranged introductions"
people joke about grandparents or parents looking for girls or guys for their children, or to set them up, but mostly its just to get their kids to meet someone and its really up to the kids to take it from there. its not an arranged marriage by any means, just an introduction.

another great place to meet desis. the big conventions during the summer. i think there's one for pretty much every major state/language.

like JAINA, Bengali Convention, Telugu, Tamil... there are tons. I know many many people who have met girls or guys at these conventions and a couple years later ended up getting married. for the younger crowds, these conventions can be a good time, they always have young adult activities, mixers, parties. plus, pretty much everyone there is from a similar cultural/family background as you. so check those out too.

i need to practice what i preach. sigh.

PublicEnemy said:
network. thats the key to life. in the medical profession, as in so many other professions, your ability to network can set you apart. when you are applying for residencies, who you know, and who's support you have can go such a long way. same thing for when you're out practicing, even more so.

it also helps with relationships. if you're single, one of the best things you can do is just continue to meet people. the best way to do that is through networking, through friends. networking with friends is different, you're not going around making small talk and handing out your business card every time you see someone you don't know, but my advice, stay tight with people who are already in relationships or already married, they always have tons of single friends. meeting a girl at a random party or a club or something is possible, but meeting a friend of a friend, or being introduced to someone that you both mutually know, thats a lot easier. plus your friends know you, so they might have an idea of someone you should meet.

arranged marriage in the old sense is largely defunct. its evolved considerably. really, i think what happens is moreso "arranged introductions"
people joke about grandparents or parents looking for girls or guys for their children, or to set them up, but mostly its just to get their kids to meet someone and its really up to the kids to take it from there. its not an arranged marriage by any means, just an introduction.

another great place to meet desis. the big conventions during the summer. i think there's one for pretty much every major state/language.

like JAINA, Bengali Convention, Telugu, Tamil... there are tons. I know many many people who have met girls or guys at these conventions and a couple years later ended up getting married. for the younger crowds, these conventions can be a good time, they always have young adult activities, mixers, parties. plus, pretty much everyone there is from a similar cultural/family background as you. so check those out too.

i need to practice what i preach. sigh.

thanks for the advice dude
Man I hope I don't have to resort to the matrimonial ads

Haha maybe the matrimonial ads aren't so bad...but I think I would resort to my parents trying to hook me up with someone else if I can't find someone on my own steam. :rolleyes:

Don't worry guys lol I think we all still have a few more years before we have to resort to matrimonial websites ;)

But you know how it goes....say if you plan to get married at 25, start looking when you're 21.

shivalrous said:
But you know how it goes....say if you plan to get married at 25, start looking when you're 21.
:laugh: :laugh: I think when it has to happen it will happen... you could be 21 or 28 ... you can;t plan much

shivalrous said:
Haha maybe the matrimonial ads aren't so bad...but I think I would resort to my parents trying to hook me up with someone else if I can't find someone on my own steam. :rolleyes:

haha same here.
Lucky me I have a few cousins and relatives here in the States that know a lot of people. But sadly I am not very respected (my own actions led to this/also they are nice but ABCD so "just" nice you know the ones you say "Hi" to and try to stay away from their path as much as possible coz you are not cool enough, although I am as westernized as I could be :( )

Ahh single blues
Help me Krishna :(

why are you guys worried? its a job of every desi parent to find their son a nice beautiful girl, or vice versa for that matter..so relax..hehe

prettyslick said:
why are you guys worried? its a job of every desi parent to find their son a nice beautiful girl, or vice versa for that matter..so relax..hehe

And, boy, they sure love the job... :laugh:

H2O said:
And, boy, they sure love the job... :laugh:

Screw that...I aint letting my parents find me a gal. lol I'll do a better job finding her myself :idea:

andekhi anjani si..pagli si deewani si..jane wo kaisi ho gi reh....

The guy should be able to do some wing-ding bhangra thats all I care about :p (j/k)

priyanka said:
The guy should be able to do some wing-ding bhangra thats all I care about :p (j/k)

shivalrous <--- master of wingding bhangra-ing it

DrPreet said:
Screw that...I aint letting my parents find me a gal. lol I'll do a better job finding her myself :idea:

achhi hogi bahut achhi mere yaar :laugh:

Premedtomed said:
achhi hogi bahut achhi mere yaar :laugh:

Haan, sachi sachi... :laugh:

priyanka said:
The guy should be able to do some wing-ding bhangra thats all I care about :p
yeah,
i definitley want a guy who can bhangra! that makes a guy so much hotter! :love: :love:

1hotaartichoke said:
yeah,
i definitley want a guy who can bhangra! that makes a guy so much hotter! :love: :love:

yep, when a guy dances, it exposes his (naughty + innocent) self. only naughty or only innocent isn't good.

priyanka said:
prove it shiv :p

eh you got me, i can manage a few moves. but i definitely am more of a dandia-raas guy.

shivalrous said:
eh you got me, i can manage a few moves. but i definitely am more of a dandia-raas guy.

Dandiya :thumbup: 9 nights straight of falguni pathak's dandiya raas in bombay dressed in my fav lehengas/chaniya cholis. Guys look good in those flarry kinda tops, u seen those? Its kinda funny, I'd crack up seeing them wearing those, not anymore though lol.

Who can beat that kinda fun?

parasiteatwork said:
Oh Really.....u expect us to believe that !!!!!! :clap:

Lol, I donno I was just rhyming up something dumb. :p :oops:

priyanka said:
Dandiya :thumbup: 9 nights straight of falguni pathak's dandiya raas in bombay dressed in my fav lehengas/chaniya cholis. Guys look good in those flarry kinda tops, u seen those? Its kinda funny, I'd crack up seeing them wearing those, not anymore though lol.

Who can beat that kinda fun?

best time in india ever - diwali, a long time ago. 6 hours of throwing dye filled ballons at strangers, coming home COMPLETELY blue, and not have your family recognize who you are. :thumbup:

what's dandiya?

CaptainJack02 said:
best time in india ever - diwali, a long time ago. 6 hours of throwing dye filled ballons at strangers, coming home COMPLETELY blue, and not have your family recognize who you are. :thumbup:

what's dandiya?

that's holi my dear friend It is a lot of fun ;)

DrPreet said:

A childhood friend of mine recently met a guy her parents were raving about for years after secretly sending in her 'biodata'. Theyre now engaged....so corny as it is, I guess it sometimes works.

Premedtomed said:
that's holi my dear friend It is a lot of fun ;)

Holi is the best Indian festival. A couple of years ago, my sister and I invited a lot of our friends over for Holi while our parents were in India....there are still patches of paint stains all over our house.

junebuguf said:
Holi is the best Indian festival. A couple of years ago, my sister and I invited a lot of our friends over for Holi while our parents were in India....there are still patches of paint stains all over our house.

Oh yah, holi... :oops:

junebugf, are you in atlanta? grady/marta...i'm from there, heh. went to tech.
you?

CaptainJack02 said:

what's dandiya?

hey,that must have been holi and not diwali. :D
Dandiya,is a special indian dance where u r supposed to dance with wooden sticks and not hurt others and smile all at the same time :laugh: .You have to see it to believe it.

CaptainJack02 said:
Oh yah, holi... :oops:

junebugf, are you in atlanta? grady/marta...i'm from there, heh. went to tech.
you?

Yeah, I'm in Atlanta. Tech is amazing. I wish I went there....sadly I'm at state. I live on MLK on the other side of the connector, so the view out of my apt is lovely! One more semester though, and then its probably off to Boston U!!!

junebuguf said:
Yeah, I'm in Atlanta. Tech is amazing. I wish I went there....sadly I'm at state. I live on MLK on the other side of the connector, so the view out of my apt is lovely! One more semester though, and then its probably off to Boston U!!!

BUKWAAS!(spelling?) :laugh: whenever us tech people wanted to party, we'd head over across the street to the gsu dorms and raise hell :D you are one lucky dude.

bu for med school? boston is AWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE compared to atlanta. don't bring a car, just so you know :cool: i'm heading BACK to ga, mercer, for med school. heh.