Arranged Matrimonial Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
vikaskoth said:
First off, this thread has no topic, its pretty random postings. If idlebrain can't follow a thread if there is some variability in the posts, thats his problem its not like he is making any posts
My parents have lots of patient interaction, i just never shadowed them or anything like that. The only surgery i've seen up close is orthopedic, but i wanna see other stuff too, i dont really have my heart set on anything. Oh and i believe you meant to say ophthalmology not optometry (not MD's)

oh, Opthalmology, It is.

Members don't see this ad.

I m so glad my second round of midterms are over!phew!

Hi priyanka and all,
They way your talking in threads is sensible.

I have seen couple of girls in my life as good friends (No love, No lust) in India and here.
My thinking and mentality is
--------- Born------------grown up---------------My Status
1.Girls---India------------India --------------------OK
2.Girls---India------------India & USA-----------OK
3.NRI?s-- USA------------ USA --------------------NO
(No factor of Quality time)
No 1 is always in flying colors about USA. They do not how tuff life is here.
No 2 is in transformation stage (trying Americanize). The way they talk is very sensible. But, they comes into reality they are not up to mark. Why?
No 3 is most tuff one?s. Always compliances about mentality, individuality and thinking miss match. Why?
I was unable to understand No 3?s mind. Bothering me lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idlebrain said:
Hi priyanka and all,
They way your talking in threads is sensible.

I have seen couple of girls in my life as good friends (No love, No lust) in India and here.
My thinking and mentality is
--------- Born------------grown up---------------My Status
1.Girls---India------------India --------------------OK
2.Girls---India------------India & USA-----------OK
3.NRI?s-- USA------------ USA --------------------NO
(No factor of Quality time)
No 1 is always in flying colors about USA. They do not how tuff life is here.
No 2 is in transformation stage (trying Americanize). The way they talk is very sensible. But, they comes into reality they are not up to mark. Why?
No 3 is most tuff one?s. Always compliances about mentality, individuality and thinking miss match. Why?
I was unable to understand No 3?s mind. Bothering me lot.
u missed 1 more gp. :confused:
born-USA
grown up-India
I know many who fall in this category and now they r back in USA.

desikudi said:
u missed 1 more gp. :confused:
born-USA
grown up-India
I know many who fall in this category and now they r back in USA.

I think according to the time they spent after they were born in the US, they can be classified into any one of the two categories. I know people who were born here, left for India immediately, and are back now. I dont really find any difference between them and someone who was born and raised up in India . I think most of the USA born and raised girls are good too. Its all about how you present yourself to them and how you accept them. My 1 ruppee :laugh:

sandeepp said:
I think according to the time they spent after they were born in the US, they can be classified into any one of the two categories. I know people who were born here, left for India immediately, and are back now. I dont really find any difference between them and someone who was born and raised up in India . I think most of the USA born and raised girls are good too. Its all about how you present yourself to them and how you accept them. My 1 ruppee :laugh:
regarding ones born and brought up in USA,i think all of them are good..only diffrence is that,most of them are more americanised.my best friend was born and brought up here and i think she is much more indian than I am.
By the way ..how do u present yourself to them... :laugh: jk

desikudi said:
regarding ones born and brought up in USA,i think all of them are good..only diffrence is that,most of them are more americanised.my best friend was born and brought up here and i think she is much more indian than I am.
By the way ..how do u present yourself to them... :laugh: jk

Umm..wink whenever you see them. Make weird gestures, and start pulling your hair untill you get some response. All girls are curious.
:D . It was part of the flow..lol..Now I am perplexed tooo :laugh:

sandeepp said:
Umm..wink whenever you see them. Make weird gestures, and start pulling your hair untill you get some response. All girls are curious.
;) WINK!!!!!! shame,shame :thumbdown: :laugh: :laugh:

sandeepp said:
:D Hey...ItS just your HALLUCINATION :laugh: :laugh: ,,but i dont think all girls get curious at u guys pulling hair and making gestures. :laugh:
poor u....jk :p

desikudi said:
:D Hey...ItS just your HALLUCINATION :laugh: :laugh: ,,but i dont think all girls get curious at u guys pulling hair and making gestures. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
lol desikudi i couldnt agree more ;)

desikudi said:

:laugh: :laugh:

How about singing? I am a bad singer BTW

Members don't see this ad :)
Premedtomed said:
:laugh: :laugh:

How about singing? I am a bad singer BTW

:laugh: Dont worry Premedtomed ,singing isnt of any use either ,umm.. ...unless and until u can really sing in HINDI FILMI STYLE :p..

desikudi said:
:laugh: Dont worry Premedtomed ,singing isnt of any use either ,umm.. ...unless and until u can really sing in HINDI FILMI STYLE :p..

In the bushes and by the river :D
:laugh:

Where does one find as topics complexion and arranged marriages, in a medical forum? Where one finds Indians in the same forum of course!

Jokes aside, the obsession with a fair complexion, in my view, is at least partly basic human nature. This is especially true in the case of females. The irony of course, is that not everyone can agree on the most ideal type of fair complexion. The Western image of "fair" is actually "pale" - blond hair/blue eyes - while the Indian image of "fair" is Aishwarya Rai. What I think it comes to down is ppl desiring to have an idealized image of their own race; there need to be both masculine and feminine types, of course, so as to symbolize the idealized progeny. This is why the different races cannot agree on a single definition of fair; they wish to perpuate an image of themselves in some way.

HistoRocks said:
Where does one find as topics complexion and arranged marriages, in a medical forum? Where one finds Indians in the same forum of course!

Jokes aside, the obsession with a fair complexion, in my view, is at least partly basic human nature. This is especially true in the case of females. The irony of course, is that not everyone can agree on the most ideal type of fair complexion. The Western image of "fair" is actually "pale" - blond hair/blue eyes - while the Indian image of "fair" is Aishwarya Rai. What I think it comes to down is ppl desiring to have an idealized image of their own race; there need to be both masculine and feminine types, of course, so as to symbolize the idealized progeny. This is why the different races cannot agree on a single definition of fair; they wish to perpuate an image of themselves in some way.

If you are obsessed with fair complexion, this is a good time of the year. In Illinois, Indians start losing their summer tan now. Many Indians look very fair now. I have difficulty sometimes telling if a girl is Indian or White or Mexican :D . I think facial characteristics give it away in the end.

DoctorMalki said:
lol I promise to tell u the secret if u tell me how to figure out guys. I think guys are just as complicated as girls maybe more ;) ok well here goes from my prespective... if you're looking for a down to earth girl you have to be down to earth first. I think those girls hate when guys show off or r cocky.... just be yourself don't try to act smart or be a smart alec... don't try to show off your money or car n all those kinds of things. just talk to her get to know her and it goes on from there. I guess every girl is different in what she wants in a guy so i am just focusing on what not to do to piss the nice ones off lol ... sorry gotta go to class now will continue later :)

hmmn..good advice...thing is that i barely show off..i only do it around my boyz and what not...im hella down to earth as well, lol. I know a LOT of cocky people, im not one of em. Im nice as they come...i get along with most everyone. Unfortunetly, the nice ndn girl around here is a rarity....

HistoRocks said:

I dont't think the obsession with fair skin is human nature it is more to do with how society has impacted our views. For the girls, from a very young age all the fairy tales and cartoons have had pretty princesses who have been fair skinned and the witches have had dark skin. The cartoons elaborate the same idea as well. There is so much more stress on being able to stay fair (all those beauty lotions in India) that ever since we are born society tells us that having fair skin is so important ... specially in India.... just my 2 cents

CaliAtenza said:
Unfortunetly, the nice ndn girl around here is a rarity....

:laugh: that's the same way I thought about guys .....that there are no down to earth nice indian guys but trust me there are and there are also many down to earth indian girls ......I am sure you'll have no trouble finding girls in India.... just be yourself and you'll rock !! :thumbup: lol good luck ! :luck:

DoctorMalki said:
I dont't think the obsession with fair skin is human nature it is more to do with how society has impacted our views. For the girls, from a very young age all the fairy tales and cartoons have had pretty princesses who have been fair skinned and the witches have had dark skin. The cartoons elaborate the same idea as well. There is so much more stress on being able to stay fair (all those beauty lotions in India) that ever since we are born society tells us that having fair skin is so important ... specially in India.... just my 2 cents
i second that...... and yes the concepts are changing now.......beauty is no longer in vogue...smart and savvy is the word........i appreciate an attempt to burst the ballon of those myths about all those beautiful princess and fairies by the directors of SHREK.....

meetlife said:
i second that...... and yes the concepts are changing now.......beauty is no longer in vogue...smart and savvy is the word........i appreciate an attempt to burst the ballon of those myths about all those beautiful princess and fairies by the directors of SHREK.....

I Love Shrek ! :love: i love how they mock all fairytales and disney movies. It is kind of refreshing. I hope they make a shrek 3 :D

DoctorMalki said:
I Love Shrek ! :love: i love how they mock all fairytales and disney movies. It is kind of refreshing. I hope they make a shrek 3 :D

THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED ON SHREK 3...I THINK ITS GONNA BE OUT IN 2006. EVEN SHREK 4 IS BEING PLANNED.. :)

OH THEY EVEN MAKING RUSH HOUR 3 AND THEY ARE INTERESTED IN AISH TO PLAY CHRIS TUCKERS LOVE INTEREST.

I did my med school in Hyderabad and this one time I asked a local guy why he wasn't married... you know, in the course of a general conversation...
He started saying it was "you guys' fault..."
I was like, what?
He goes, and I'm loosely translating/quoting...
Over the years all the Indian men who left for the US and UK came back here and married all the good looking girls... then their sons' came here and married some more good looking girls... and now you guys come here and take what little is left... all the girls' parents prefer the almighty "NRI" over guys like us... and now there's nothing left in the gene pool...

I thought it was pretty funny... and NO... I did not subtract from their gene pool...

DrPreet said:
THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED ON SHREK 3...I THINK ITS GONNA BE OUT IN 2006. EVEN SHREK 4 IS BEING PLANNED.. :)

OH THEY EVEN MAKING RUSH HOUR 3 AND THEY ARE INTERESTED IN AISH TO PLAY CHRIS TUCKERS LOVE INTEREST.

thanks for the info ! :D aish is getting so popular now i heard she was invited to work in a bond movie too

Dramkinola said:
I did my med school in Hyderabad and this one time I asked a local guy why he wasn't married... you know, in the course of a general conversation...
He started saying it was "you guys' fault..."
I was like, what?
He goes, and I'm loosely translating/quoting...
Over the years all the Indian men who left for the US and UK came back here and married all the good looking girls... then their sons' came here and married some more good looking girls... and now you guys come here and take what little is left... all the girls' parents prefer the almighty "NRI" over guys like us... and now there's nothing left in the gene pool...

I thought it was pretty funny... and NO... I did not subtract from their gene pool...

:laugh: :laugh: that is pretty funny. but i don't think its necessarily true. A lot of girls do not want to go out of India so I do not know how completely true his allegations are lol

DoctorMalki said:
:laugh: :laugh: that is pretty funny. but i don't think its necessarily true. A lot of girls do not want to go out of India so I do not know how completely true his allegations are lol

lols Dr malki,

very very very cuddly cuddly cuddly cutey aavatar! hehe :D

priyanka said:
lols Dr malki,

i have nothing to contribute here :) but i wanted to say i really like the music from that movie in your signature - swades. i have no idea what these folks are singing but the songs are gorgeous.

:D

CaptainJack02 said:
i have nothing to contribute here :) but i wanted to say i really like the music from that movie in your signature - swades. i have no idea what these folks are singing but the songs are gorgeous.

talking about songs...... I am in love with Veer-zaara songs... they kinda sound similiar but are still really great! Swades used to be my fav but after i listen to a song several times it kinda loses its touch ;)

priyanka said:
lols Dr malki,

thanksss :oops: I love puppies !! :love:

CaptainJack02 said:

yup AR rehman is the man- his music , his voice..this makes me realize that medicine is not the only profession that can make people happy and emotionally influenced.

I am so waiting for Swades to realease..I think am gonna cry..based on its theme..seems touching..so am taking a box of kleenex to the theater :D

priyanka said:
yup AR rehman is the man- his music , his voice..this makes me realize that medicine is not the only profession that can make people happy and emotionally influenced.

I am so waiting for Swades to realease..I think am gonna cry..based on its theme..seems touching..so am taking a box of kleenex to the theater :D
ru an SRK fan??
BTW priyanka..how ru doing??how ru finals going??

desikudi said:
ru an SRK fan??
BTW priyanka..how ru doing??how ru finals going??

Hey!!!!

Desikudi, AM doing alrite lol...and finals umm I can tell only after my results are out.. How about you?! nice to see you after longggggggggggg....
mm i used to be a SRK fan.well not anymore..then I was a hrithik fan..that craze subsided too... well now.. a days.. its vivek oberoi .. :love: and i hope that stays !! :rolleyes:

desikudi did you think Dr malki is a guy too? damn!! I was a bit distant coz i thot she was a guy...that was so funny..I shud have asked before assuming..I knew u were a girl coz of the "kudi" thing.. YAY now Girls rule on india forum!!beware guys :p kidding! :)

priyanka said:
Hey!!!!

Desikudi, AM doing alrite lol...and finals umm I can tell only after my results are out.. How about you?! nice to see you after longggggggggggg....
mm i used to be a SRK fan.well not anymore..then I was a hrithik fan..that craze subsided too... well now.. a days.. its vivek oberoi .. :love: and i hope that stays !! :rolleyes:

desikudi did you think Dr malki is a guy too? damn!! I was a bit distant coz i thot she was a guy...that was so funny..I shud have asked before assuming..I knew u were a girl coz of the "kudi" thing.. YAY now Girls rule on india forum!!beware guys :p kidding! :)
ur kidding me..vivek oberoi???? :laugh: :laugh: jk
i knew Dr malki is a girl :) --from her posts
Way to go gurls.. :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

Aare yaar,
While all you crazy girls like good lookin stars of bollywood, nothing tops Johnny Lever and Govinda! Haha, jk. But they are some of the best actors out there. If I had to choose one on the spot right now, I'd say the trophy goes to Salman Khan. Apparently he's a pretty humble guy when the camera is off, and that's why I chose him.

Hottest actress? Kajol or Amrita Rao.

Man, I've been watchin too many indian movies if I can name the actors...I better start doing my school work now.

Later,
Pagal

"Dummy, doctors only save lives, you showed them how to live."
~Munnabhai, M.B.B.S.

Dr.BilkulPagal said:
Aare yaar,
While all you crazy girls like good lookin stars of bollywood, nothing tops Johnny Lever and Govinda! Haha, jk. But they are some of the best actors out there. If I had to choose one on the spot right now, I'd say the trophy goes to Salman Khan. Apparently he's a pretty humble guy when the camera is off, and that's why I chose him.

Man, I've been watchin too many indian movies if I can name the actors...I better start doing my school work now.

Later,
Pagal

~Munnabhai, M.B.B.S.
:laugh: :laugh: grt..i am a salman fan too.. ;)

desikudi said:
ur kidding me..vivek oberoi???? :laugh: :laugh: jk
i knew Dr malki is a girl :) --from her posts
Way to go gurls.. :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks desi kuri... just curious.. why did you think I was a guy priyanka ?

I love vivek oberoi :love: there is just something about him that is very sexy... I heard salman is a real jerk in real life and I am not a huge salman fan

Dr.BilkulPagal said:
Aare yaar,

Later,
Pagal

~Munnabhai, M.B.B.S.

I like kajol too I think she's a natural actor ......who is amrita rao ?

DoctorMalki said:

Singer really hot :love: or is it Suneeta Rao
I am confused

How about Manoj Vaypayee- talented actor.

Premedtomed said:
Singer really hot :love: or is it Suneeta Rao
I am confused

How about Manoj Vaypayee- talented actor.
manoj vajpayee is a good actor....i remember,,when i was in high school in india he was famous.... some 3-4 yrs ago

DoctorMalki said:
amrita roa is a new actress ....she was in IShk vishq,..... in main hoon na too. but no comparision to kajol.

desikudi said:
amrita roa is a new actress ....she was in IShk vishq,..... in main hoon na too. but no comparision to kajol.

amrita roa is preety cute....true kajol is one of the best though. Amrita Arora is also preety hot..but she's kind of a slut though, lol. Or at least they always make her out to be in her movies.

LOL, I cant believe people still know who Salil Ankola is. Yea you are right he was a cricketer. Although he had a lot of problem with accuracy, he was pretty fast. He even broke Neil Fairbrothers leg through his pads during the 93 England series. But as usual, BCCI did not really help an upcoming fast bowler. Busted his knee, gave up cricket and used his baby face to become a small time actor. He is supposedly going to be in some movie depicting the life of cricketers on the bench (not selected to play). Since he was one of the most experinced benched player in the game he should have a lot of input.

AMMD said:
LOL, I cant believe people still know who Salil Ankola is. Yea you are right he was a cricketer. Although he had a lot of problem with accuracy, he was pretty fast. He even broke Neil Fairbrothers leg through his pads during the 93 England series. But as usual, BCCI did not really help an upcoming fast bowler. Busted his knee, gave up cricket and used his baby face to become a small time actor. He is supposedly going to be in some movie depicting the life of cricketers on the bench (not selected to play). Since he was one of the most experinced benched player in the game he should have a lot of input.
:laugh: :laugh: I used to love watching criicket but didn't see too much of him... but yeah he is a hottie ! :love:

AMMD said:
LOL, I cant believe people still know who Salil Ankola is.

People?!?!

Oh BTW!!! Hi Stranger !! :smuggrin:

priyanka said:
I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cricket esp Indian vs Pak !! guys backstabbing each other :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and..

shahid afridi :love:
INDIA vs PAKISTAN..Ohh i love those matches. ;)
i remember how in india,,people go crazy for cricket..esp IN vs Pak..once in newspaper it came that in soem city ,,,during india-pak match the electricity went out and u wont believe,people burnt the power station. :(

desikudi said:
INDIA vs PAKISTAN..Ohh i love those matches. ;)
i remember how in india,,people go crazy for cricket..esp IN vs Pak..once in newspaper it came that in soem city ,,,during india-pak match the electricity went out and u wont believe,people burnt the power station. :(

immature behavior at best.
We need more sports to cheer for.

Yea India Pak matches were awesome. Since I grew up near Sharjah, I was raised to be a cricket fiend. I haven't able to give up my love for the sport in the past 10years. If it weren't for my parents I might have even pursued it as a career who knows.

My cousin sisters are currently in love with Agit Agarkar, Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan. Otho I cant really comment on how good they look, they do have decent games.

wow my finals are over..I cant be happier..