ARRO Elections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would much appreciate your vote! I'm the one from Drexel. Thanks, ND.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm running as well. I'm a 1st yr resident and have been told that most residents do not vote. Any truth to this?

Is the CEO a physician? I think her name is Laura something. Seems odd the leader of Arro isnt even a Physician.

Members don't see this ad :)
ARRO stands for the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology. ASTRO is its parent organization. The executive committee of ARRO is composed entirely of residents with a faculty advisor. All Rad Onc residents are members of ARRO by default.

Sadly, most residents don't particularly care about voting in the ARRO annual elections. Thus success usually depends on your ability to recruit residents in other programs (esp. large ones with 10+ residents) to advocate on your behalf.

So is the ceo of astro an MD?

I don't quite understand what you are getting at. (since this is the impressions acct, I guess there could be a few of "you")

If you are asking about the chief executive officer who runs the organization's day to day business affairs, she's not an MD.

If you are implying that the leaders of ASTRO --- the professional organization that represents not only doctors, but the whole field of radiation oncology --- are not MDs (and PhDs), perhaps this will help.

http://www.astro.org/AboutUs/BoardOfDirectors/

Last edited:
I too am running from Northwestern. Another resident also commented on how few residents actually take the time to vote. I guess with everything else this probably gets pushed to the back for some residents.

ND, I will definitely give you my vote. Say hello to Brandon for me, we did our prelim year together!

It looks like everybody who is running is posting to this thread, so I will too :D.

My name is Amar and I am a PGY-3 from UMDNJ in Jersey. Don't worry, I promise I am not similar to the guys on MTV's Jersey Shore show. Please take the time to check out everybody's profiles and if you like what I have to say I would appreciate your vote.

Good luck everybody!