ASDOH Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any new acceptances off the waitlist?

Nope, but I’m hoping maybe after March 15th there would be some movement!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Was just accepted over phone 3/13. I declined my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you guys!
Interviewed in early september

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted over the phone as well (3/13). Interviewed in late January, waitlisted in early February

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen so many people say they were waitlisted.. seems like more than the class size 🥲
lol you aren't wrong, but ATSU's waitlist should move a lot more compared to other schools because of how expensive the school is. Also, they do decline a decent amount of people they interview too. I was waitlisted, but my friend who interviewed was declined practically a week later, I've seen a few declines on the forms here too

lol you aren't wrong, but ATSU's waitlist should move a lot more compared to other schools because of how expensive the school is. Also, they do decline a decent amount of people they interview too. I was waitlisted, but my friend who interviewed was declined practically a week later, I've seen a few declines on the forms here too

I wish I knew if I should keep my hopes up or not.. lol as of right now I’m trying to sell my house so I can move out of state for dental school but I’ll be sad if I do that and it turns out I don’t have to move

Nothing yet! I talked with admissions last week and they said the waitlist is going super slow because not many are giving up their spots like previous cycles.

• Sad
Nothing yet! I talked with admissions last week and they said the waitlist is going super slow because not many are giving up their spots like previous cycles.
So interesting, I was expecting it to move like NYUs

So interesting, I was expecting it to move like NYUs

That’s what even the admissions thought! They said typically by this time at least 40-60% of people end up leaving for their instate school or cheaper schools. Which would make a lot of sense. But this cycle seems a bit different.

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s what even the admissions thought! They said typically by this time at least 40-60% of people end up leaving for their instate school or cheaper schools. Which would make a lot of sense. But this cycle seems a bit different.
wow 40-60% is a ton of the class, I guess most of the people who were accepted didn't get into their in-state school

Still kinda shocked.. Any waitlist movement at all? It's been pretty dead the past two weeks lol

Scott said a lot of the seats were accepted and there’s about 250 people on the waitlist, committee is done meeting so waitlist is solid rn, the class is most likely full and he said not many people dropped their seat like in the past they would call 10 people for 1 person to accept, this year if they called 10 people nearly all of them accepted 🤷🏽‍♂️

Scott said a lot of the seats were accepted and there’s about 250 people on the waitlist, committee is done meeting so waitlist is solid rn, the class is most likely full and he said not many people dropped their seat like in the past they would call 10 people for 1 person to accept, this year if they called 10 people nearly all of them accepted 🤷🏽‍♂️
Holy cow 250 people on a waitlist is insane haha

someone dropped their seat so there’s hope 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3 users
got off the waitlist and declined on 5/10! good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is there any hope to get off the waitlist? I was accepted to pharmacy school and trying to decide if I want to accept my acceptance or wait it out. Thanks guys!

Is there any hope to get off the waitlist? I was accepted to pharmacy school and trying to decide if I want to accept my acceptance or wait it out. Thanks guys!

If you believe that pharmacy is the right path for you then go for it because this waitlist is as dead as can be. Unless you plan to reapply again then that’s another story.

If you believe that pharmacy is the right path for you then go for it because this waitlist is as dead as can be. Unless you plan to reapply again then that’s another story.
No, if I didn’t get in this round I was done applying. Thanks for the response!

No, if I didn’t get in this round I was done applying. Thanks for the response!
I know someone who went through 5 rounds of applications. He graduated 2nd in class at UIC. After practicing for a few years, he is now starting in endo specialty at UIC. I guess what I am saying is if you are set on dental, go for it! Maybe set your AADSAS application up just in case you want to resubmit. 😉 🤷🏻‍♀️ Either way, good luck on whatever you choose!

Anyone know what number they got to on the waitlist? Or if anyone has gotten in recently?

Hello everyone! Hope first year of school has been well so far! I am currently waitlisted since December 15th 2023. I still have not heard from asdoh. I would greatly appreciate any advice as this is my only shot. Heard mixed opinions on letters of intent, some say they got off the waitlist without sending one while others have gotten in sending one. Don't know what to do as this is the the only shot I have