-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
ASDOH Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dentistdisco25
Full Member
yesHey guys for those of you that are on the waitlist when you filled the form and emailed it to Ms. Stice, did you get an email back confirming anything ?
I just got now after I asked [emoji28]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow, that's good that they are being proactive about the waitlist...Hey guys for those of you that are on the waitlist when you filled the form and emailed it to Ms. Stice, did you get an email back confirming anything ?
Yes they have to, because they cannot guarantee that all those that got accepted are going to secure their spots
pdstudentt
New Member
What does this mean for those having interviews coming up in Jan or Feb. Compared to those that are waitlisted?
persiandentisttobe
Full Member
yes i will beStay strong! Will you be applying again next year if this year does not work out?
I'm already working a plan to improve as the next cycle is only 6 monthsaway from opening again, this was my dream school and dont have any other options as I am an older candidate. Please feel free to contact me if you have an questions or we can bounce ideas around. Any how best of luck!yes i will be
Anyone get a call today?? It’s been very quiet
Interviewed November 18th. I got waitlisted. Replied to the email to hold a spot on the waitlist. Will be preparing a LOI.
Sad about the waitlist status. ASDOH is my top choice and my interview experience was amazing! I had a wonderful time and felt at home with everyone there. Praying to get off the waitlist and accepted [emoji120]
Last edited:
I interviewed on November 18th
I got waitlisted and interviewed November 18th too!
EKim007
Full Member
same questionWhat does this mean for those having interviews coming up in Jan or Feb. Compared to those that are waitlisted?
You still have a chance. They do rolling interviews. Good luck!same question
Read through the email they sent. It tells you when they want the Kira assessment to be completed. Don't wait until the last minute. Do the practice questions and responses. They helped me to get comfortable with it.did everyone complete their kira assessment a week before their interview or this can be done anytime?
I’m genuinely confused on what the post December interviews are for when it comes to ASDOH especially because there is a long waitlist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am curious as well, but how do you know it's a long waitlist?I’m genuinely confused on what the post December interviews are for when it comes to ASDOH especially because there is a long waitlist
I am curious as well, but how do you know it's a long waitlist?
I don’t, but after seeing who posted they’re waitlisted on bootcamp pages and on here I’m thinking it’s not a short list.
Dental2027
Full Member
what is bootcamp pages?
what is bootcamp pages?
DAT bootcamp page and dental school admission page on Facebook.
I have officially decided to accept the offer from UF. I sent emails to the other schools to decline their offers. However, it looks like all the schools are closed for the holidays, so they may not be making any acceptance calls over the break. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!
pdstudentt
New Member
Thank you for sharing! Best of luck to you at UF and Happy Holidays & New Year to everyone reading this. Don't lose hope. Our dreams will come true one day. Keep pushing!I have officially decided to accept the offer from UF. I sent emails to the other schools to decline their offers. However, it looks like all the schools are closed for the holidays, so they may not be making any acceptance calls over the break. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!
They sent out some interview invites today too
predentkid17
Full Member
any acceptances off the waitlist recently?
any acceptances off the waitlist recently?
No I haven’t heard anything or seen anyone say anything yet!
Has anyone who interviewed virtually been accepted?
Got an interview invite on 1/4. I was able to schedule the interview the same week as my other interview in AZ but I'll have to fly out the evening of ASDOH. About how long does their interview day last?
Congratulations! It goes from 8 AM until around noon where you have lunch and talk to current students.
t00thfairy25
Full Member
Congrats! What day is your interview?Got an interview invite on 1/4. I was able to schedule the interview the same week as my other interview in AZ but I'll have to fly out the evening of ASDOH. About how long does their interview day last?
I think they will send out the next round of acceptances within the next couple of weeks; Applicants have 30 days to put a deposit down I believeany acceptances off the waitlist recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too!Got an interview invite on 1/4. I was able to schedule the interview the same week as my other interview in AZ but I'll have to fly out the evening of ASDOH. About how long does their interview day last?
Does ASDOH accept letters of interest? Anyone send one in?
Does ASDOH accept letters of interest? Anyone send one in?
I haven’t sent anything yet and I don’t think I will unless we still are on the waitlist until like April. I’m hoping that they will give the second round of acceptances after the 15th and then we’ll see how it goes. I have heard mixed opinions about those letters.
BrittKimi94
New Member
Hello everyone! I’m currently waitlisted at ASDOH but I have a few acceptances in other states. If I’m accepted at ASDOH this post will be pointless but I just wanted to put some feelers out there for incoming ASDOH students looking for housing.. I own a three bedroom (and an office) home with a pool that is only 9 minutes from campus. Everything is fully upgraded and remodeled. IF I do end up out of state, I’d like to rent the rooms out to ASDOH students. Fully furnished, has plates, silverware, anything you might need.
I was thinking $1100/mo per room but $1200 for spacious master bedroom that has a private bathroom. $50/mo for garage that has electric car outlet installed. This would include Rent, Gas, Electric, Water/sewer, pool service and internet.
This is not me up charging, I will not be making any money off of this, this is simply me paying the bills monthly from afar. If I sell the house right now I will loose a lot money as the market here is starting to shift. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. If you want the Zillow listing so you can see it, I can send it to you.
Thanks!
Brittney
I was thinking $1100/mo per room but $1200 for spacious master bedroom that has a private bathroom. $50/mo for garage that has electric car outlet installed. This would include Rent, Gas, Electric, Water/sewer, pool service and internet.
This is not me up charging, I will not be making any money off of this, this is simply me paying the bills monthly from afar. If I sell the house right now I will loose a lot money as the market here is starting to shift. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. If you want the Zillow listing so you can see it, I can send it to you.
Thanks!
Brittney
Did anyone hear back from the admissions today ?
Good Luck to everyone btw 🙂
no 🙁 i saw some people on facebook say that they started sending acceptances today though!
Mhr_Floss
New Member
yeah i have seen that... hopefully they send out more.no 🙁 i saw some people on facebook say that they started sending acceptances today thoughy
Did anyone hear back from the admissions today ?
Good Luck to everyone btw 🙂
I think people who have been interviewing this month will be hearing back! But I don’t think the waitlist will move, I think they will add more people to it.
my friend just got off the waitlist yesterday!I think people who have been interviewing this month will be hearing back! But I don’t think the waitlist will move, I think they will add more people to it.
predentkid17
Full Member
I think people who have been interviewing this month will be hearing back! But I don’t think the waitlist will move, I think they will add more people to it.
I got accepted on tuesday from the waitlist!
Did they call or email? Congratulations btw!I got accepted on tuesday from the waitlist!
I got accepted on tuesday from the waitlist!
Congratulations! Are you OOS by chance?
predentkid17
Full Member
Did they call or email? Congratulations btw!
Called at 6 pm EST. Thank you!
predentkid17
Full Member
Congratulations! Are you OOS by chance?
Yes I am. Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe you should be able to get an exemption for it for medical/religious reasons (I know some students that go to different dental schools that have required the vaccine that have it waved for those reasons as well). I wouldn't worry about it at all though you should be able to get it exempted.Hey everyone, I'm not trying to start a debate or have any ill intentions with this post. Just genuinely trying to get insight from my peers in the future (possibly). I am not an anti-vaxer, but I am afraid of the covid vax. I received only one dose (Moderna) and felt very bad for 2 months, so it scared me to take the other dose. Now that it is required for acceptance at ASDOH, I need to get the second dose and the booster. I'm still nervous, especially with some of the things about the booster in the news. It is hard to tell what information is misleading, and it is more the booster that's bothering me, not so much the second dose. Is there anyone else that is feeling the same way? Can any current students in this chat give me insights on possible medical/religious exemptions?
UmHowdidIGetHere
New Member
Yeah I hope so, I'm going to email today and ask how to go about a religious exemption. Just afraid of the backlash from the school. Thanks for the feedback 🙂I believe you should be able to get an exemption for it for medical/religious reasons (I know some students that go to different dental schools that have required the vaccine that have it waved for those reasons as well). I wouldn't worry about it at all though you should be able to get it exempted.
Interviewed 01/13
Waitlisted 01/21
Sigh
What is worse that after my in person, OOS interview I sent a thank you email the next day. I got rejected an hour later. Half hour after that, i received an apology as it ended up being a “mistake rejection.”
The pain continues.
Waitlisted 01/21
Sigh
What is worse that after my in person, OOS interview I sent a thank you email the next day. I got rejected an hour later. Half hour after that, i received an apology as it ended up being a “mistake rejection.”
The pain continues.
t00thfairy25
Full Member
Sorry to hear :/. I know how you feel. Im also waitlisted at other schools. How do you think your interview went? Were the questions hard?Interviewed 01/13
Waitlisted 01/21
Sigh
What is worse that after my in person, OOS interview I sent a thank you email the next day. I got rejected an hour later. Half hour after that, i received an apology as it ended up being a “mistake rejection.”
The pain continues.
bitewing5053
Full Member
Accepted but declined my seat!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K