ASDOH Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey guys for those of you that are on the waitlist when you filled the form and emailed it to Ms. Stice, did you get an email back confirming anything ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys for those of you that are on the waitlist when you filled the form and emailed it to Ms. Stice, did you get an email back confirming anything ?
wow, that's good that they are being proactive about the waitlist...

Yes they have to, because they cannot guarantee that all those that got accepted are going to secure their spots

What does this mean for those having interviews coming up in Jan or Feb. Compared to those that are waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 users
yes i will be
I'm already working a plan to improve as the next cycle is only 6 monthsaway from opening again, this was my dream school and dont have any other options as I am an older candidate. Please feel free to contact me if you have an questions or we can bounce ideas around. Any how best of luck!

Anyone get a call today?? It’s been very quiet

Interviewed November 18th. I got waitlisted. Replied to the email to hold a spot on the waitlist. Will be preparing a LOI.

Sad about the waitlist status. ASDOH is my top choice and my interview experience was amazing! I had a wonderful time and felt at home with everyone there. Praying to get off the waitlist and accepted

Last edited:
did everyone complete their kira assessment a week before their interview or this can be done anytime?

Members don't see this ad :)
did everyone complete their kira assessment a week before their interview or this can be done anytime?
Read through the email they sent. It tells you when they want the Kira assessment to be completed. Don't wait until the last minute. Do the practice questions and responses. They helped me to get comfortable with it.

I’m genuinely confused on what the post December interviews are for when it comes to ASDOH especially because there is a long waitlist

I have officially decided to accept the offer from UF. I sent emails to the other schools to decline their offers. However, it looks like all the schools are closed for the holidays, so they may not be making any acceptance calls over the break. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!

Reactions: 3 users
I have officially decided to accept the offer from UF. I sent emails to the other schools to decline their offers. However, it looks like all the schools are closed for the holidays, so they may not be making any acceptance calls over the break. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays!
Thank you for sharing! Best of luck to you at UF and Happy Holidays & New Year to everyone reading this. Don't lose hope. Our dreams will come true one day. Keep pushing!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
You're invited to my new group 'ASDOH DMD 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Feel free to join the group on group me!

They sent out some interview invites today too

Got an interview invite on 1/4. I was able to schedule the interview the same week as my other interview in AZ but I'll have to fly out the evening of ASDOH. About how long does their interview day last?

Got an interview invite on 1/4. I was able to schedule the interview the same week as my other interview in AZ but I'll have to fly out the evening of ASDOH. About how long does their interview day last?

Congratulations! It goes from 8 AM until around noon where you have lunch and talk to current students.

Congrats! What day is your interview?

Me too!

Does ASDOH accept letters of interest? Anyone send one in?

I haven’t sent anything yet and I don’t think I will unless we still are on the waitlist until like April. I’m hoping that they will give the second round of acceptances after the 15th and then we’ll see how it goes. I have heard mixed opinions about those letters.

Hello everyone! I’m currently waitlisted at ASDOH but I have a few acceptances in other states. If I’m accepted at ASDOH this post will be pointless but I just wanted to put some feelers out there for incoming ASDOH students looking for housing.. I own a three bedroom (and an office) home with a pool that is only 9 minutes from campus. Everything is fully upgraded and remodeled. IF I do end up out of state, I’d like to rent the rooms out to ASDOH students. Fully furnished, has plates, silverware, anything you might need.

I was thinking $1100/mo per room but $1200 for spacious master bedroom that has a private bathroom. $50/mo for garage that has electric car outlet installed. This would include Rent, Gas, Electric, Water/sewer, pool service and internet.

This is not me up charging, I will not be making any money off of this, this is simply me paying the bills monthly from afar. If I sell the house right now I will loose a lot money as the market here is starting to shift. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. If you want the Zillow listing so you can see it, I can send it to you.

Thanks!

Brittney

Did anyone hear back from the admissions today ?
Good Luck to everyone btw :)

Did anyone hear back from the admissions today ?
Good Luck to everyone btw :)

I think people who have been interviewing this month will be hearing back! But I don’t think the waitlist will move, I think they will add more people to it.

I think people who have been interviewing this month will be hearing back! But I don’t think the waitlist will move, I think they will add more people to it.
my friend just got off the waitlist yesterday!

Just received an interview invite so just a heads up they’re still sending them. Not sure that I’ll take it but they have dates through Feb 17th both virtual and in-person

Hey everyone, I'm not trying to start a debate or have any ill intentions with this post. Just genuinely trying to get insight from my peers in the future (possibly). I am not an anti-vaxer, but I am afraid of the covid vax. I received only one dose (Moderna) and felt very bad for 2 months, so it scared me to take the other dose. Now that it is required for acceptance at ASDOH, I need to get the second dose and the booster. I'm still nervous, especially with some of the things about the booster in the news. It is hard to tell what information is misleading, and it is more the booster that's bothering me, not so much the second dose. Is there anyone else that is feeling the same way? Can any current students in this chat give me insights on possible medical/religious exemptions?
I believe you should be able to get an exemption for it for medical/religious reasons (I know some students that go to different dental schools that have required the vaccine that have it waved for those reasons as well). I wouldn't worry about it at all though you should be able to get it exempted.

I believe you should be able to get an exemption for it for medical/religious reasons (I know some students that go to different dental schools that have required the vaccine that have it waved for those reasons as well). I wouldn't worry about it at all though you should be able to get it exempted.
Yeah I hope so, I'm going to email today and ask how to go about a religious exemption. Just afraid of the backlash from the school. Thanks for the feedback :)

Interviewed 01/13
Waitlisted 01/21

Sigh

What is worse that after my in person, OOS interview I sent a thank you email the next day. I got rejected an hour later. Half hour after that, i received an apology as it ended up being a “mistake rejection.”

The pain continues.

Interviewed 01/13
Waitlisted 01/21

Sigh

What is worse that after my in person, OOS interview I sent a thank you email the next day. I got rejected an hour later. Half hour after that, i received an apology as it ended up being a “mistake rejection.”

The pain continues.
Sorry to hear :/. I know how you feel. Im also waitlisted at other schools. How do you think your interview went? Were the questions hard?