ASDOH or Midwestern Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktv24

Reaction score
Title: ASDOH vs. Midwestern Arizona

ASDOH

Pros:

MPH degree

Public health and service oriented

Clinic rotations during 4th year across United States

Cons:

High tuition

School 2: Midwestern Arizona

Pros:

Place dental Implants

CAD/CAM

Strong clinic experience compared to almost any other school

Cons:

Higher tuition than ASDOH.

Summary: Definitely leaning towards MWU AZ. Hoping to get Big Hoss to weigh in here. They are close in tuition. I get that rule is to go to the cheapest school possible. But it seems like the clinic experience you can take advantage of at MWU AZ makes student loan pay back a non-issue because you aren’t struggling to do bread and butter dentistry, and don’t have to do CE courses for implants and endo.

Would love to hear advice and opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I could attend ASDOH because it is cheaper but I didn’t get interview:( The best dental school is the cheapest one! Don’t forget it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could attend ASDOH because it is cheaper but I didn’t get interview:( The best dental school is the cheapest one! Don’t forget it.
Thank you for sharing.

Title: ASDOH vs. Midwestern Arizona

ASDOH

Pros:

MPH degree

Public health and service oriented

Clinic rotations during 4th year across United States

Cons:

High tuition

School 2: Midwestern Arizona

Pros:

Place dental Implants

CAD/CAM

Strong clinic experience compared to almost any other school

Cons:

Higher tuition than ASDOH.

Summary: Definitely leaning towards MWU AZ. Hoping to get Big Hoss to weigh in here. They are close in tuition. I get that rule is to go to the cheapest school possible. But it seems like the clinic experience you can take advantage of at MWU AZ makes student loan pay back a non-issue because you aren’t struggling to do bread and butter dentistry, and don’t have to do CE courses for implants and endo.

Would love to hear advice and opinions.
were you accepted to both?
were you accepted into the dds-mph program at asdoh?

Thank you for sharing. If you have the time could you expound on your answer?
A school’s gotta be good if it costs >500k and yet the students couldn’t imagine going anywhere else.

Of course cheaper is always better and of course there are schools better value than MWU-AZ, but considering your two options are essentially equal in price, I think the anecdotal praise of MWU-AZ is a factor worth considering.

A school’s gotta be good if it costs >500k and yet the students couldn’t imagine going anywhere else.

Of course cheaper is always better and of course there are schools better value than MWU-AZ, but considering your two options are essentially equal in price, I think the anecdotal praise of MWU-AZ is a factor worth considering.
Thats what blows me away. The graduates I talk to aren't worried about paying off their school loans.

I have also gotten to see their dentistry close up on CAD/CAM software (crown/onlay/inlay preparations) and their handskills seem to be just as good as dentists practicing 10+ years. I shadowed 2 recent graduates. 3 months out of school when I shadowed with them. I was just so impressed. I've been dental assisting for 5 years, and their work and speed was really impressive. I just wasn't sure if these were isolated instances, or if this is common for dentists graduating from here.

Thats what blows me away. The graduates I talk to aren't worried about paying off their school loans.

I have also gotten to see their dentistry close up on CAD/CAM software (crown/onlay/inlay preparations) and their handskills seem to be just as good as dentists practicing 10+ years. I shadowed 2 recent graduates. 3 months out of school when I shadowed with them. I was just so impressed. I've been dental assisting for 5 years, and their work and speed was really impressive. I just wasn't sure if these were isolated instances, or if this is common for dentists graduating from here.
You drank the Kool-Aid