ASDOH students, are you purchasing physical textbooks or ebooks?

Started by cmF
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cmF

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been hearing about a common trend where everything is taught via ebook these days. I've always used the physical form, but I need to take an anatomy pre-req before matriculation. I know ASDOH is big on iPads, and if all reading is done via ebook, I might as well get started now by buying the anatomy ebook.
 
I've been hearing about a common trend where everything is taught via ebook these days. I've always used the physical form, but I need to take an anatomy pre-req before matriculation. I know ASDOH is big on iPads, and if all reading is done via ebook, I might as well get started now by buying the anatomy ebook.

Yes, ebook is the way of ASDOH. I do not have any books in physical form (other than what I came with). First day of class they give you a CD and you upload all 100+ books. I still reference my old undergraduate science books especially bio and chem. It can't be expected of you to read the books as the modular system makes it impossible therefore ebooks are only for reference during your first couple of years. All ASDOH curriculum is taught via powerpoint or PDF that you upload either onto your laptop or iPad from google drive.

Haley
 
Thanks Haley! Going to wrap up my last pre-req with an ebook and hopefully get a head start on some e-study habits.