This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kikko22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between ASDOH and Roseman.
Both schools have similar:
Inaugural classes, class size, tuition, curriculum structure

Any input would be appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between ASDOH and Roseman.
Both schools have similar:
Inaugural classes, class size, tuition, curriculum structure

Any input would be appreciated!!!
Do you like cold weather?
No? Go to A.T.

Can't stand hot, go to Roseman

Reactions: 1 user
There are two factors here in reality.
First is location, if you have a preference choose that place.

Second is type of school.
ASDOH is big on volunteer work and helping underserved people.

Roseman is a really chill school based on teamwork. And they have a really light schedule and is pass/no pass set up.

I would choose Roseman.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two factors here in reality.
First is location, if you have a preference choose that place.

Second is type of school.
ASDOH is big on volunteer work and helping underserved people.

Roseman is a really chill school based on teamwork. And they have a really light schedule and is pass/no pass set up.

I would choose Roseman.

The way BYU4you put it, I'd choose Roseman. Is it common for a dental school to do pass/fail?

The way BYU4you put it, I'd choose Roseman. Is it common for a dental school to do pass/fail?

It is becoming a lot more common

Harvard, UCLA, Columbia, UCSF etc

It is becoming a lot more common

Harvard, UCLA, Columbia, UCSF etc

And if a student wishes to specialize how does that work? He will have a bunch of P's and so will his peers.

And if a student wishes to specialize how does that work? He will have a bunch of P's and so will his peers.

Yep, so Pass your classss, pass the boards.

What's left to distinguish?
School name, faculty recommendations, and knowing the schools specialties personally by going on externships.

Oral surgery has the CBSE test thy can take for a grade and every other specialty has begun the process of making students take the Advanced Dental Admission test (ADAT) as a way to distinguish.

So there's really not much to set you apart because it's pass/fail. Your school name will be Roseman which is not as highly regarded like UCSF UCLA Hatvard etc... So possibly a disadvantage?

Also, I hear to pass a class at Roseman you need 90+%...

So there's really not much to set you apart because it's pass/fail. Your school name will be Roseman which is not as highly regarded like UCSF UCLA Hatvard etc... So possibly a disadvantage?

Also, I hear to pass a class at Roseman you need 90+%...

Like I said there are tests to get into a specialty program that is what sets you apart.
Now if you are dead set on going to the Mayo clinic for oral surgery then going to Roseman may hurt but not for specializing in general.

Also it is 90% but everyone usually gets above 90% so it's not that big of a deal

I am a current 4th year at Roseman. I applied to AEGD/GPRs. I had no problems with getting interviews.

As far is the 90% pass, it's been awhile since I've taken a test for class and I know its changed a lot since, but it doesn't seem like the d1 and d2 are having much trouble with that. I've talked to some D1s who even work during school.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview at Roseman coming up and may be in the same boat. I am torn because Arizona summers are such a killer and the pollution rates in Utah may actually kill you (I read their particulate index is 233% above the national average o_O). Which school gets more clinical experience?

I also have heard from several individuals that if you are non-Mormon you can often be ostracized and isolated. I think Utah has a lot to offer, but the potential social outcasting aspect from the general population and the air-quality seems to be something worth considering.... Although they also have great skiing and low crime rates which is a plus.