ASHP in SF vs Gay Pride Parade

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So it took me 2 hours to get to the hotel because we couldn't get around the Market Street in SF...where there was a parade.

ASHP should do a better job of not scheduling a conference during the same weekend of GPP..the last Sunday of June...not because of homophobic reasons but rather a major issue with transportation...in a city already heavily congested.

That is all.
 
Damn, and I declined an invitation to attend ASHP. If I'd only known SF was doing their Pridefest on the same weekend. That would have been fun. Oh well, Denver's was fun too. I marched in scrubs with a group of other healthcare professionals to get the word out about glbtlink.org.

Did you at least get to see some of it?
 
Didn't see any of it...My friend picked me up...we either sat in traffic or was going in circles... couldn't even get near the Market Street.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ha! Thats just a routine here.

On the last Friday of every month, Critical Mass has a bike ride that starts in downtown SF, goes thru the city & over the bridge.

It clogs traffic something awful. But - its become a routine mess we all deal with.

A word to the wise, when in a large city, check with the concierge about possible traffic issues. If your friend was a local, he should have known. These are pretty well publicized.
 
Besides Pride and being stuck in traffic, how was the ASHP thing? I was thinking about going to that but school kinda got in the way.

On the last Friday of every month, Critical Mass has a bike ride that starts in downtown SF, goes thru the city & over the bridge.

I live in a critical mass city and OH MY GAWD do not get me started on those punks...
 
Ha! Thats just a routine here.

On the last Friday of every month, Critical Mass has a bike ride that starts in downtown SF, goes thru the city & over the bridge.

It clogs traffic something awful. But - its become a routine mess we all deal with.

A word to the wise, when in a large city, check with the concierge about possible traffic issues. If your friend was a local, he should have known. These are pretty well publicized.


He's from Sacramento!!!
 
Besides Pride and being stuck in traffic, how was the ASHP thing? I was thinking about going to that but school kinda got in the way.



I live in a critical mass city and OH MY GAWD do not get me started on those punks...

ASHP summer session is very very..oh so very slow...
 
He's from Sacramento!!!

Aaah - the old school friend. He's at Sutter Health??? or UCD?? can't remember what you mentioned. How are things over there?

You could have been headed to Tahoe instead & been caught on 50 or 89 - stopped 'cause of the fire....but, would have been prettier than getting caught on Harrison or Mission...You fellas should have just left the car & walked with the parade😀. Would have gotten back to the hotel faster...😉

Too bad - you came all the way here for that awful mtg - it really, really is slow. But did you hear the talk on JCAHO safety goals for 2008? What are you recommending for your hospitals for the anticoag safety goals - following heparin, LMWH, warfarin or all? Who is the person you're recommending being designated to do this?

I'm particularly cuious about (M) C 10. - education of pt & families. Are you still having nursing do this or are you recommending it go back to pharmacy? How about the dietary portion - who contacts them - will your computers do this or does it have to be a specific call by someone (which will get missed).

Tessalon - what is your hospital planning on doing????
 
They could hold it in Missoula. It'd rile the locals up and pack every hotel, but hey, at least you could get some good fishing in afterwards. Maybe a buffalo burger or two.

They hold it everywhere - even Missoula. It's usually held around the end of June to commemorate the Stonewall riots in NYC in 1969 (I think that's the year) that marked the beginning of the gay rights movement. It's great fun. Denver's Pridefest usually attracts a few hundred thousand people of every sexual orientation and circumstance.
 
They hold it everywhere - even Missoula. It's usually held around the end of June to commemorate the Stonewall riots in NYC in 1969 (I think that's the year) that marked the beginning of the gay rights movement. It's great fun. Denver's Pridefest usually attracts a few hundred thousand people of every sexual orientation and circumstance.

I meant ASHP summer meeting. I'm saying it'd rile the locals up because you'd have all these dang out-of-staters tearing up the local landscape.
 
So there were numerous flight cancelations to everywhere.....luckily my flight made it. But my luggage never showed.... waited..and waited. I even made a lost luggage claim.

Before leaving, I decided to check the carousel one more time...and there was a same colored bag which I've seen it pass many times with a same flight # tag.

So..what the heck.. I grabbed the bag and called the guy. Yes, he had my luggage. So hour and half later, he came back to the terminal and we swapped luggages. I had him give me a ride to my car..

He said he was in SF performing over the weekend.. I didn't ask him if he was in the parade. But I knew that's exactly what he was doing!
 
btw, planed landed at 9:30 pm, got to the gate at 10:30 pm, and I got my luggage at 1:00 in the morning.. Good thing I had "King of Torts." Great read.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So there were numerous flight cancelations to everywhere.....luckily my flight made it. But my luggage never showed.... waited..and waited. I even made a lost luggage claim.

Before leaving, I decided to check the carousel one more time...and there was a same colored bag which I've seen it pass many times with a same flight # tag.

So..what the heck.. I grabbed the bag and called the guy. Yes, he had my luggage. So hour and half later, he came back to the terminal and we swapped luggages. I had him give me a ride to my car..

He said he was in SF performing over the weekend.. I didn't ask him if he was in the parade. But I knew that's exactly what he was doing!

And so "Please check your luggage ticket. Bags look alike." actually means something? I guess he would have figured it out eventually when his size-12, glittering platform go-go boots weren't in the bag. Unless you had a pair in your luggage as well... 🙂
 
And so "Please check your luggage ticket. Bags look alike." actually means something? I guess he would have figured it out eventually when his size-12, glittering platform go-go boots weren't in the bag. Unless you had a pair in your luggage as well... 🙂


Now..that's funny....