ASHP Midyear as a Current Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amazinglycrazy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say if the residency program doesn't require their PGY-1 residents to go to ASHP Midyear. Is there much benefit in going to ASHP Midyear as a current PGY-1 pharmacy resident, if they are not looking to do a PGY-2? In terms of job search, networking? I am not even sure whether PPS has been helpful for PGY-1 residents looking for jobs.. does anyone have any insight or input about this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say it mostly depends on if your program pays for you to go. There's tons of CE and education opportunities, networking, seeing pharmacy school friends, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
My understanding is that PPS is almost exclusively for people seeking PGY-2. Depending on your state laws, CE was just something extra to go to for me (unless you are interested in the topic/presenter or required to go for reimbursement of conference costs) because it is not required during the first license renewal period. Not much value to wandering around poster sessions. Not sure about industry opportunities.

The main value for me was in reconnecting with classmates and enjoying the process of meeting residency applicants.