Asking for a friend: IM in Pennsylvania.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I come in peace.

A GoodBuddy of mine is a hospitalist where I work (I'm EM boarded, work in the ED), and asked me if I knew anything of the general overall practice climate as well as med-mal climate in Pennsylvania (as I am a Pennsylvania-born boy and still have ties to the area). He's looking into IM positions as well as doing some backup work supervising MLPs at critical access hospitals.

I told him the truth: "Amigo; I love PA, but I haven't been back to that state in 5 years now. However; I know of a place that I can ask this question for you."

In good conscience and in good faith - here I am asking this question on his behalf. Please, sound off.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they talking about the Philly area, the middle of the state, Pittsburgh? Fairly different cultures and salary ranges. Philly is not a good city for malpractice, though as a hospitalist I’m not sure how it really impacts your day to day practice vs a higher risk specialty like EM or cards.

Reactions: 1 user