Asking for "In the Area" Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I phrase an email to a school notifying them you'll be in the area on X date and if it's possible to be interviewed then? I don't want to come off as arrogant or desperate, ya know?

Also, do you think it's better to email or call for a such a request?

Please respond soon because I need to send this email/call ASAP! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've never really heard of this working before. From what I understand, a school isn't going to bump you up and give you an early interview just because you are in the area (assuming they were actually planning on offering you an interview). In a rolling admission process, that would be unfair to the people that got in their apps before you.

I've never really heard of this working before. From what I understand, a school isn't going to bump you up and give you an early interview just because you are in the area (assuming they were actually planning on offering you an interview). In a rolling admission process, that would be unfair to the people that got in their apps before you.

Go read some other threads on SDN. There are dozens of examples in which ppl receive interview invites the day after making an "in the area" interview request.

Also, I was complete at this school in early September. I have not heard anything yet so this might get the ball moving. Everyone who was complete before me have had ample time to get an interview invite.

Anyone?