Asking for very serious advice! 23DAT/3.0GPA wih Masters degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Todafullest

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am in graduate school right now. I think I would be able to pull off around 3.8 GPA in graduate school. However, I have very low GPA back in undergraduate school, which is overall 2.97 sGPA 2.75. My GPA will be barely over 3.0 by the time I apply to dental school.
I have pretty good DAT score though.
1st DAT 12AA/20TS/21PAT
2nd DAT 21AA/20TS/20PAT
3rd DAT 23AA/22TS/23PAT
Bio:21 Chem:23 Orgo:25 QR:30 RC:18
Do you guys think I have chance to get into dental school with 3.1GPA 3.0sPGA graduate GPA 3.8 and DAT score of 23AA/22TS/23PAT (my third DAT)?

Thank you so much for your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

did you mean 21 and not 12 for your first DAT, because I am trying to figure out how a 12 would be possible.

yes you can get in. i have very similar stats and i have 6 interviews this cycle. and this is with not having a complete application till early october.

in fact im a bit worse with a 3.1 in my masters.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep! two interviews thus far

I meant 19AA not 12AA for my first DAT test

Last edited:
strng username to topic relevancy to DAT score correlation

if your DATs are that high.....why are your grades low? is there a particular reason (illness, etc?)

I struggled in my first three years of college life because of personal reasons.

I have 4 pre december so far, and in have similar stats. I think you're okay. Don't apply to Case though they will eject you based on gpa alone

I have 4 pre december so far, and in have similar stats. I think you're okay. Don't apply to Case though they will eject you based on gpa alone

totally agree with this.

to OP - honestly, its not like anything we tell you will change anything.... I highly doubt you'll retake the DAT. 23 AA on a 3rd attempt is a HUGE score. the only thing you can do (whether you are competitive or not) is to apply and see what happens

I however, think you have shown amazing resilience on the DATs, 19 (good 1st time), 21 (excellent 2nd time) and 23 (dat-destruction 3rd time). This ALONE should land you interviews. It really shows how much you want dentistry

I wouldn't worry at all, having a 23 on your DAT is phenomenal! I personally have friends who are getting interviews with a 18 DAT (They do have a high undergrad GPA). Having a 23 will get you interviews at many schools and you have an excellent chance at getting into dental schools! Also having some post-bac experience will help your application stand out, even though your GPA isn't terrific having post-bac experience shows maturity. Check out predents.com to see statistical information, many students are getting into dental school with an 18-19 DAT score, and you are way ahead of them.

Good Luck!

i have almost the same exact stats, but a very tiny tad higher. ive got 1 interview this cycle. I am hoping for post-dec interviews though :oops: