Aspiring Predental! PLEASE READ!

dentalislife237

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently a sophomore in high school curious about the dental field. However, I do not want to indulge in career I may not obtain the aptitude for, this is because I recently got accepted to a dental assistant job 2x a week nearby my home, in homes to gain exposure of the field (also cause it pays well ;) I am struggling in hs with a 3.7 gpa. I know this is not awful, but I know that in college gpa's usually drop lower than hs gpa's due to their rigor. Because of my concern, I was thinking of attending a school known for grade inflation (southern Illinois university of carbondale) So I will seem decently competitive compared to my peers. Is this the right path? Or academics equality challenging anywhere else? Also, are there students out there with gpa's similar to mine that were not successful as a premed/predental?

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, you PM'd me the same question and I wrote a lengthy reply. I didn't know you'd already started a thread with the same topic. You need to give things time to percolate, it's Friday night and not everyone is reading SDN right now...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude you need to relax and just see where college takes you. Most people pull 3's in high school. The keys are;

- Time Management
- Sleeping Well on a Regular Basis
- Making Communication with your prof./teacher.
- Active Study *contact me to know what this means.*