Assessment of LV EF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHeartMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

WHen I was at BIDMC for my itnerview day the cheif resident (a one year post cards fellow) mentioned about a study assessing measurement of LV EF using Echo, Radionuclide ventriculography and Left ventriculography and compared these to a gold standard of MRI, and foudn that Echo showed the best correlation...I was trying to find this article, but have done some searchign and couldnt come up with anything yet...was hoping someone could lend me a hand...thanks

J

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know if this might be what you're looking for, but I remember a couple of articles from some reading I did, don't recall authors but I had the titles writen down and journal + year but also don't have the articles ...

Left ventricular myocardial mass determination by contrast enhanced colour Doppler compared with magnetic resonance imaging
Heart - 2005

Techniques for comprehensive two dimensional echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular systolic function
Heart - 2003

Contrast harmonic color Doppler left ventriculography: machine interpreted left ventricular ejection fraction compared with equilibrium gated radionuclide ventriculography
J Am Soc Echocardiogr - 2000