At what point can I not be nervous about not getting in?

gsiegel14

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2015
I have three interviews and I still feel pretty nervous about not getting in. At what point should I stop being worried? Besides getting in of course.

Reactions: Strudel19

Dr. Death

2+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2015
OH MY GOSH. You don't even have to use the damn search function. Just scroll down the allopathic page and half the threads are the same thing

Reactions: mcatjelly

cryhavoc

5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2014
Park Row
Status
Medical Student
If I'm not in anywhere by the end of December, I'm going to roll up my sleeves, ask for the new MCAT prep material for Christmas, schedule a test, and spend a few months studying for the next app cycle. If I'm wait-listed and get in, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be ready. I really don't want to wait another year or take the new MCAT. Fingers crossed I'm in.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
You can never be nervous about not getting in. You are currently not in medical school. If you apply and dont get in you still will not be in medical school. That is, you be exactly in the same position you are today. This is a process where you only can improve by getting in. Of course, if you are living in hopes of the future and not in the reality of today, you will drive yourself crazy.

Reactions: DokterMom and xyphr

DokterMom

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2013
Status
Non-Student
For end of August, you're in very good shape.
That's really the best you can do now until you get your first acceptance.