At what point do you stop going on interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zamo28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have three acceptances so far and just got two more invites in the last week. The schools that I applied to are all in pretty much the same tier in terms of competitiveness and price, excluding state schools. Are any of you in the same situation? Do you keep going on interviews anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

For fun? For scholarships? Be considerate ;p

I cancelled my interviews at schools I knew I wouldn't choose to attend over the schools that had already accepted me. I mean, what would be the point of going? Waste of money, time and takes away a spot that could go to someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you would go to a school you are already accepted at over any of these schools that invited you, don't feel bad about pulling out of interviews. I declined 2 of mine after I got accepted. But if you have the money and are interested in the schools go for it! Interviewing is fun when the stress goes down.

I stopped going when according to google map I have to drive for 11 hours. Yes, 11 hours, plus eating, resting, and pumping. And that school is my STATE SCHOOL...

I've turned down 5 now. If they had been cheaper than places I have a spot at now, I probably would have attended them.

If you aren't sure which school you want to go to, keep this in mind. When it comes time to hand out scholarships, schools do look at what other schools you've been accepted to when deciding how much to offer. Basically they use money as incentive to pull you away from competing institutions. If you only have the ONE acceptance... well... ask your future classmates how much they're getting and where else they had acceptances.

note: this does not apply to ALL schools, but I know for a fact certain schools do this.

If you want to go to one of those schools more than you do one of the schools you're holding an acceptance at, then go to the interview. Otherwise, what's the point in going?

You're right. I'm just a crazy premed who feels guilty withdrawing from interviews.

I wouldn't go until

1) You run out of money
2) You are completely positive that, even given a full ride, you would not attend. A lot of people say that if you don't think you'll go there, then pull out. Well, that may very easily change when they throw some money at you.

I wouldn't go until

1) You run out of money
2) You are completely positive that, even given a full ride, you would not attend. A lot of people say that if you don't think you'll go there, then pull out. Well, that may very easily change when they throw some money at you.
I withdrew from a full-ride school.:laugh: