This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gd12345

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I couldn't find a thread for people who applied this year to Irish dental schools, so I thought I'd create one! In case anyone was curious, I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts and Science in Neuroscience and Psychology from the University of Guelph this past June. I applied to Trinity College Dublin, and University College Cork (for both of their programs, the 4 year graduate entry and 5 year undergraduate entry program). From what I can read, it seems like people started hearing back around the second week of March the past few years. Hop on this thread and join the convo, let's keep each other updated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

In 2016 I got an offer from University College London in late April. Obviously, I got interviewed first. If I remember, it was around February or March. It should be the same for Ireland.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I applied to Trinity College Dublin, and University College Cork (for both of their programs, the 4 year graduate entry and 5 year undergraduate entry program) as well. I'm graduating from a Bachelors on Medical Science with an honours specialization, strong references from professors, and a decent amount of shadowing and ECs.

Did you guys apply anywhere in Canada was well?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance email today for UCC 4 year grad entry. (non traditional applicant)
My stats probably not impressive as yours xD
I studied chemical engineering (UofT 4yr + work exp yr) cgpa 3.46
Worked 3 years as nuclear design engineer
2 years owner of small composite shop

Got rejected hard by UofT and McGill due to low GPA obv. cDAT score 23 AA 30Chm 19/19 bio/reading

Reactions: 2 users
I also got accepted to UCC 4 year grad entry today!
I'm still waiting to hear from Western and Dalhousie but my hopes are not high haha

Mind me asking what your stats were?
Are Dalhousie and western the only other schools you're applying?
I also got accepted to UCC 4 year grad entry today!
I'm still waiting to hear from Western and Dalhousie but my hopes are not high haha

Mind me asking what your stats were?
Are Dalhousie and western the only other schools you're applying?

cGPA 3.8 cDAT: 21Chem 23Bio 21PAT 22 Reading

In total I applied to UofT, Western, Dal, UCC, and TCD. I also got a fat rejection from Toronto in Jan haha

That's awesome, I'm assuming you'd prefer staying in Canada if you get accepted but let's stay in touch in case you we both choose Cork
cGPA 3.8 cDAT: 21Chem 23Bio 21PAT 22 Reading

In total I applied to UofT, Western, Dal, UCC, and TCD. I also got a fat rejection from Toronto in Jan haha

That's awesome, I'm assuming you'd prefer staying in Canada if you get accepted but let's stay in touch in case you we both choose Cork
For sure, have you seen any inklings of a facebook group floating around yet?

Negative. I'm surprised by the lack of activity in general on forums lately. Maybe we're still to early?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys ,
Mind me asking when you applied as I applied really late ( end of January ) and not sure if i should lose my hope .

Hey guys ,
Mind me asking when you applied as I applied really late ( end of January ) and not sure if i should lose my hope .

I had all of my information in by Jan 1st but my transcript from the fall 2018 semester didnt get sent until the end of jan!

Thanks , hoping to hear something back . I am in my forth year of Mcguill biochem .

Hey! so I emailed Atlantic Bridge and they said the first round of offers for Cork have already been sent out - the second round will likely be released in the first or second week of April. Trinity College Dublin's first round hasn't been released yet, but will likely be released within the next two weeks. We've got this! <3

Reactions: 1 users
If people reject their 4-year offer from UCC, do you know if they will send out more acceptances for the program? Because I know the people who already got an acceptance for the 4-year program had a deadline to pay a deposit by like March 22nd.

Makes sense as the application runs till April 15. I had to resubmit everything just last Wednesday as they did not see anything in my profile exclut for the origiinal application

Accepted to UCC 5 year program by email on Tuesday!!!
Graduated from UWO last year BSc with Honours Specialization in Kinesiology cGPA: 3.67

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for the 5 year students?

Accepted to UCC 5 year program by email on Tuesday!!!
Graduated from UWO last year BSc with Honours Specialization in Kinesiology cGPA: 3.67

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for the 5 year students?

The facebook group is for 2023/2024 (both 4 and 5year entering in 2019)!

Hey hey! Got my offer for Trinity's program and will be accepting it shortly - couldn't find a Facebook group yet, so I'm going to make one! Will edit this post with the link once it's made. :)

EDIT: here is the link! join join join :) Log into Facebook | Facebook or just search Trinity College Dental Science Class of 2024

Last edited:
Hi,

I recently applied to Cork, Trinity and Belfast for dentistry entry in 2019 as a result of them postponing the application date to April 15th this year. I was just wondering if anyone else here applied late?
Keep in mind that Belfast isn't accredited in Canada!

Yes I do know that but is it true its not too bad to come back even if you do end up in Belfast?

I believe that if you want to practice in Canada after attending Belfast, it would require you to complete a qualifying degree in Canada before you can write the NDEB to become licensed.

Hey guys I'm a 3rd year dental science student at Trinity, originally did undergrad at UWO, feel free to send any questions you may have!

Hey guys I'm a 3rd year dental science student at Trinity, originally did undergrad at UWO, feel free to send any questions you may have!
Thank you for offering! I'm new to the AB application system, and I wanted to know what type tests or other requirements do the Canadian students have to go through after they graduate from an Irish Dental School to work in Canada?

Hey do you know if Irish Dental Schools look the grade received in each prerequisite? I got a 69% in the second part of physiology so I'm afraid it will impact my application. Also are you planning on coming back to practice?

Thank you for offering! I'm new to the AB application system, and I wanted to know what type tests or other requirements do the Canadian students have to go through after they graduate from an Irish Dental School to work in Canada?
Hi there,
Our education is considered reciprocal, meaning we write the same Canadian boards that the Canadians write, and start working after being registered with the Canadian dental association. Fairly easy process as far as I understand!

Hey do you know if Irish Dental Schools look the grade received in each prerequisite? I got a 69% in the second part of physiology so I'm afraid it will impact my application. Also are you planning on coming back to practice?
Hi there,
I'm not sure, I think the prerequisites are just for cork 4 year entry, which I really know nothing about. I am planning on coming back to Canada, not quite sure where yet but I'll be back!

Hi there,
Does anyone know when its the latest time you could hear back from schools? I contacted them recently and I was told I'm still eligible to receive an offer and my application is still open at UCC, TCD and QUB.

@natashaaa apparently it can stay open until end of August, as long as they don't send u a rejection letter.

Hi there,
I'm not sure, I think the prerequisites are just for cork 4 year entry, which I really know nothing about. I am planning on coming back to Canada, not quite sure where yet but I'll be back!

Hey! I’m still new to the whole “dental licensure” process; upon our return to Canada, are we allowed to practice EVERYWHERE or only our home province?

(Probably a stupid question lol)

Thanks

Hi there,

Hey,

Did they ask for end of year transcripts as well?

Hey Guys I know this is an older thread but I can't seem to find a newer one.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University
- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish
- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects
- TA for spanish
- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project
- GPA: 3.29
- International Medical outreach volunteer experience
- Operation smile ambassador for my university

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits

Hey! I’m still new to the whole “dental licensure” process; upon our return to Canada, are we allowed to practice EVERYWHERE or only our home province?

(Probably a stupid question lol)

Thanks
You can practice anywhere in Canada - I think its only Quebec that has restrictions (but they have restrictions for all other provinces) - sorry I havent been on here in forever!

Hey Guys I know this is an older thread but I can't seem to find a newer one.

What do you guys think of my chances of getting in:

- Done University
- Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Spanish
- 4 years of Academic Neuroscience research, some multi-university/ national cooperative projects
- TA for spanish
- Research assistant job for Neuroscience project
- GPA: 3.29
- International Medical outreach volunteer experience
- Operation smile ambassador for my university

I know my GPA is killing me but I wanted to know your honest opinion on the chances I would have weighing in my other traits
Honestly, from an insider (TCD), it's really not clear what gets people in. I know my GPA wasn't as high as some of the other Canadian's that got in in my year. I also feel like I got into the program pretty early and things have likely changed since then. However, I think super important points were really strong reference letters, and most of us had research experience as there are 2 pretty big research projects throughout the program it makes sense. Have you applied for this cycle or are you looking into applying for Sept 2021 entry?

@sdavenp

I'm applying for the next cycle, but I wanted to see what I could do during this year to boost my CV. I'm not sure if doing open studies to redo courses would be "allowed" or if they look down on that.

What else would you guys recommend me doing during this year to help me get a better chance for this year?

Has anyone recently received a letter of acceptance from Trinity?

Does anyone know the rough cost of attending Irish dental schools for a Canadian?