You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle
Started by EastCoastHopefull
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, I live on the west cost and I am applying as well,Hey, anybody else applying for dental school through ABP?
I wanted to apply just in case it didn't work out here in the states. The problem is that what are you gonna do when you are done ? You could practice in Canada or europe only. And for those you have to get a work permit , which is not easy to get approved.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I agree that your choices are limited when returning to the US. I am only applying because these schools now have reciprocity with Canada. I am a dual Canada/US citizen but I am planning on returning to Canada when I am done. I am applying from high school. If I go to Ireland it would save me 3 years.
I guess if you are a Canadian citizen then it does work. I was talking strictly for US citizens.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey guys i am also applying through ABP for those of you that have applied, could you please post your stats?
I mainly just wanted to get a forum started so that we could determine when acceptances have started to be sent off
I agree. When do you think people will begin to hear about acceptances?
It would be good if those that hear initially inform us so we can be ready.
Good to know how acceptance was sent, what the terms are and what the deposit is.
If you get an offer from one earlier can you hold out for your preference or is this a big gamble
It would be good if those that hear initially inform us so we can be ready.
Good to know how acceptance was sent, what the terms are and what the deposit is.
If you get an offer from one earlier can you hold out for your preference or is this a big gamble
I contacted ABP and they said the first round of offers are sent out late march/ early april
Yes true, especially since the review process begins in January
I have also heard that theres different cohorts that handle the admissions for high school students, undergrads, and graduates separately, can anyone confirm this?
I have also heard that theres different cohorts that handle the admissions for high school students, undergrads, and graduates separately, can anyone confirm this?
does that mean the first round of acceptances will be delayed as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow you should be fine, the person I talked to had ~3.5 but a 4.0 masters I believe. I just checked the email again and it said they did get accepted so idk what to say lolFor dentistry? not sure how that can be possible when even trinity college said they will start looking at applications feb 16th.....
gpa is 3.9.
Last year the earliest people got an offer was april 1st, I highly doubt someone has already received an offer.
National does not have a dentistry program through ABP, so most likely it was for their med program
samiam how recently did you learn of the delay? Did you call them about it? I had received an email over a month back saying the review process starts mid-january
They are pretty friendly and reply quickly. I would just email them with any questions you have. I heard this from them in early february.
samiam how recently did you learn of the delay? Did you call them about it? I had received an email over a month back saying the review process starts mid-january
Last edited:
I emailed ABP about the delay and this is there reply:
"Thank you for your email.
The review process of complete files was not delayed. Those who completed
their files by January were included in the first round of considerations.
Admissions decisions are sent via post beginning late March/early April
until August."
so im not sure where samiam got his info but the admissions process started in january
"Thank you for your email.
The review process of complete files was not delayed. Those who completed
their files by January were included in the first round of considerations.
Admissions decisions are sent via post beginning late March/early April
until August."
so im not sure where samiam got his info but the admissions process started in january
Ya I emailed them as well. I was told that they would initialize looking at applications in January, and would more seriously start looking in February (onward). They told me that they try and send out notifications ASAP, but that the earliest would likely be April... Could hear as late as August.
As soon as someone gets accepted they have to post! I live in the Northwest Territories so we get our mail a bit more slowly...
What's your guys's Stat's like if there's anyone new here that hasn't posted yet?
As soon as someone gets accepted they have to post! I live in the Northwest Territories so we get our mail a bit more slowly...
What's your guys's Stat's like if there's anyone new here that hasn't posted yet?
bachelor of science
opga=3.76
sgpa=3.89
opga=3.76
sgpa=3.89
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Atlantic Bridge in mid-February; I didn't try contacting any of the schools directly though.
My fingers hurt they've been crossed so hard!
Here is the exact quote regarding my inquiry for admission offer time lines:
"There are typically two to three rounds of offers in each admissions season, with the first round being released in late March/early April at the earliest, and the last round being released as late as August."
I got a subsequent email at the beginning of March requesting I send my high school transcripts as well as Queen's Admission's officers contacted Atlantic Bridge and requested it from them as they had started to review applications. I applied for graduate and undergraduate entry.
Everyone just applying to Dent or looking at other professions as well?
Why can't April come sooner....
My fingers hurt they've been crossed so hard!
Here is the exact quote regarding my inquiry for admission offer time lines:
"There are typically two to three rounds of offers in each admissions season, with the first round being released in late March/early April at the earliest, and the last round being released as late as August."
I got a subsequent email at the beginning of March requesting I send my high school transcripts as well as Queen's Admission's officers contacted Atlantic Bridge and requested it from them as they had started to review applications. I applied for graduate and undergraduate entry.
Everyone just applying to Dent or looking at other professions as well?
Why can't April come sooner....
has anyone contacted ABP about the status of the first round of decisions? its getting close to that time so wanted to know when exactly we can expect decisions
Do you guys know if we will hear from them via email or postal service or both?
it seems based on med forums that acceptances are via fedex and rejections through email
Has anyone contacted ABP about the current status of their application and if it has been reviewed? I want to call and ask but I have been annoying them a LOT lately haha
Here is what Atlantic Bridge said today,
"We do not have a projected release date for when Trinity plans on releasing their first round of offers.
UCC may have the offers for their 5-year program available within the next few weeks, but we do not have a hard deadline for when they will be ready just yet."
"We do not have a projected release date for when Trinity plans on releasing their first round of offers.
UCC may have the offers for their 5-year program available within the next few weeks, but we do not have a hard deadline for when they will be ready just yet."
The schools send their decision to ABP who relays it to us i believe. Are you an undergrad student or do you have a degree?Also, are we getting the rejection/acceptance through ABP or the schools directly??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how are your stats like? and i think they are tooI am finishing my uni degree this semester!
I had the impression that the first offers and regrets are sent out at the same time?? But I have no idea actually..
I thought rejections were sent via email as somebody mentioned earlier.
When you applied, Atlantic Bridge should have provided you with a document labelled "Dentistry Faq"
"The schools issue two types of letters: Offers and Regrets. Official offer letters are dispatched by mail or, if you requested by FedEx"
If you chose the FedEx option on your application, acceptance letters will be delivered by FedEx, if you did not it will come in regular mail.
Rejection letters come in regular mail.
Offers and rejections can come out anytime from Late March-August. If you do not have an offer or rejection by the end of April your application is on reserve.
This means the admissions committees have decided that your application is not sufficiently competitive to warrant an offer being extended to you but not sufficiently weak to reject at that stage in the admissions season. Therefore, they will hold it “on reserve” in case an applicant withdraws and leaves a seat that can be offered to you later in the admissions season. The schools will not notify you that your application is on reserve. Until you receive either an official offer or a regret letter, your application is “on reserve” or active.
Hope that helps,
Sam.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K