Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. Just wanted your feedback. Do you think it's too late to apply to Australia? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well for me (high school leaver) I am not counting on it. In July I was told that they were planning not to accept anyone directly from high school like they did in the past. They said they had an overwhelming number of applicants with degrees. Next year they only plan on taking applicants in university or with a degree.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone from the US was accepted? If so, how is it working out for you with financial aid? I'm starting the application process for next year, and am concerned about the expense. So any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, congratulations to everyone who was accepted, and to those of you still waiting, don't get discouraged! Keep trying and keep your head high! The best advice I can offer would be to get a part time job as a dental assistant. Observing compared to actually sitting down and assisting are drastically different experiences. You'll learn so much from assisting! Plus, it'll make your first year of school so much easier if you have that experience. :) Best of luck to you all!

Has anyone received anything from Cork yet? I know there is a zero percent chance of getting in, but a letter regarding our status would be nice, even when people are starting to apply for the 2016 entry!

Has anyone received anything from Cork yet? I know there is a zero percent chance of getting in, but a letter regarding our status would be nice, even when people are starting to apply for the 2016 entry!
No. Haven't heard anything from Cork. I'm waiting as well. Right to the bitter end I guess, right to the bitter end!

I still haven't heard from cork; but I've recently been accepted to Dentistry in Australia which is where I will be heading!-- Good luck folks :D

I still haven't heard from cork; but I've recently been accepted to Dentistry in Australia which is where I will be heading!-- Good luck folks :D
OH MY GOD WYATT!!!!!!!! Connnnnngrrraaatulaaationnnns! Best of luck!!!!!!!!

When was your Australia application due? I am considering applying there and would appreciate any input!

Hey Bucks! I did all of my applications through Oztrekk; It is too late at this point for Sydney (and Melbourne? I think), however, I believe their are two undergraduate programs (JCU and Queens) that are not due until the end of the month. Definitely an option to look into, but from what I understand they are highly competitive. Sydney is a Graduate program, therefore requiring a degree, and was due on July 7th I think..

I'll PM you and we can discuss Australian programs and the application process in greater detail if you'd like? :)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone got a rejection letter from Cork? Because I sure did :p
Regardless, I wish everyone the best of luck, I know all of you guys will get into dental, whether that be in Canada, Uk, Ireland, USA or australia ;)

Anyone got a rejection letter from Cork? Because I sure did :p
Regardless, I wish everyone the best of luck, I know all of you guys will get into dental, whether that be in Canada, Uk, Ireland, USA or australia ;)

Hey, I'm worried that I might be rejected from Cork. Do you mind posting your stats?

Did anyone ever get asked to fill out a supplemental form??

Hey guys, Atlantic Bridge is not on a rolling basis are they? Do you get a better chance if you have all of your files ready early?

Thanks so much!

Hey guys, how many people have applied for the 2016 round of admissions? I know I did :)

I was also asked to fill out a supplemental form sometime in October when my application went in. Summer told me they sent them to anyone who has a degree vs. other years where they waited further into the application cycle.

I believe the FAQ says to expect to wait until at least late March/early April, but I understand from friends who have been accepted that they heard much late (presumable after someone else declined an offer)

I got accepted by UCC, graduate entry

Hey all!

I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).

Do you or anyone you know if it's possible to get into both QUB and UCC?