You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle
Started by EastCoastHopefull
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone received a rejection from the 5-year program at TCD or Cork?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like everyone is LITERALLY waitin for Cork!Yes, a form letter rejection from TCD.
Well for me (high school leaver) I am not counting on it. In July I was told that they were planning not to accept anyone directly from high school like they did in the past. They said they had an overwhelming number of applicants with degrees. Next year they only plan on taking applicants in university or with a degree.
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone from the US was accepted? If so, how is it working out for you with financial aid? I'm starting the application process for next year, and am concerned about the expense. So any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, congratulations to everyone who was accepted, and to those of you still waiting, don't get discouraged! Keep trying and keep your head high! The best advice I can offer would be to get a part time job as a dental assistant. Observing compared to actually sitting down and assisting are drastically different experiences. You'll learn so much from assisting! Plus, it'll make your first year of school so much easier if you have that experience. 🙂 Best of luck to you all!
No. Haven't heard anything from Cork. I'm waiting as well. Right to the bitter end I guess, right to the bitter end!Has anyone received anything from Cork yet? I know there is a zero percent chance of getting in, but a letter regarding our status would be nice, even when people are starting to apply for the 2016 entry!
OH MY GOD WYATT!!!!!!!! Connnnnngrrraaatulaaationnnns! Best of luck!!!!!!!!I still haven't heard from cork; but I've recently been accepted to Dentistry in Australia which is where I will be heading!-- Good luck folks 😀
When was your Australia application due? I am considering applying there and would appreciate any input!I still haven't heard from cork; but I've recently been accepted to Dentistry in Australia which is where I will be heading!-- Good luck folks 😀
Hey Bucks! I did all of my applications through Oztrekk; It is too late at this point for Sydney (and Melbourne? I think), however, I believe their are two undergraduate programs (JCU and Queens) that are not due until the end of the month. Definitely an option to look into, but from what I understand they are highly competitive. Sydney is a Graduate program, therefore requiring a degree, and was due on July 7th I think..
I'll PM you and we can discuss Australian programs and the application process in greater detail if you'd like? 🙂
I'll PM you and we can discuss Australian programs and the application process in greater detail if you'd like? 🙂
Anyone got a rejection letter from Cork? Because I sure did 😛
Regardless, I wish everyone the best of luck, I know all of you guys will get into dental, whether that be in Canada, Uk, Ireland, USA or australia 😉
Hey, I'm worried that I might be rejected from Cork. Do you mind posting your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, how many people have applied for the 2016 round of admissions? I know I did 🙂
Hi. I have, once again. Were you asked to fill out a supplemental?Hey guys, how many people have applied for the 2016 round of admissions? I know I did 🙂
I applied this year too! Any ideas when the first round of acceptance is sent out ?
I was also asked to fill out a supplemental form sometime in October when my application went in. Summer told me they sent them to anyone who has a degree vs. other years where they waited further into the application cycle.
I believe the FAQ says to expect to wait until at least late March/early April, but I understand from friends who have been accepted that they heard much late (presumable after someone else declined an offer)
I believe the FAQ says to expect to wait until at least late March/early April, but I understand from friends who have been accepted that they heard much late (presumable after someone else declined an offer)
Hey all!
I can see there is a bit of disappointment today with the rejections coming in from Trinity, but if you guys keep your head up (which Temol, and dental_hopeful is doing), you will eventually end up in dental school. I applied to the UK and Ireland and I was able to get an interview at King's College London (however rejected after), interview with Queen's Belfast (accepted, I will be heading there), rejected at Trinity, and have yet to hear from Cork! I suggest you guys look into the UK ( you may have to write the UKCAT test) and USA, because with dentistry there is no residency (not like medicine), so it is fairly easy to go back to Canada, even without the accreditation (and plus, there is accredited with USA schools)! Honestly, guys, it is not the end of the world. Get into dentistry is difficult, but with your eagerness to get in, you guys should get in, in 1 or 2 years (just open up your options).
Do you or anyone you know if it's possible to get into both QUB and UCC?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K