-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle
Started by EastCoastHopefull
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hmmm... I suddenly feel an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy... 😉I also have a lower GPA due to 1st year troubles, but it picks up to 3.8 considering the last 2 years so I have a good upward curve and a nice mix of science and humanities type classes. I have a lot of experience moving around being from a Military family and have lived all over North America and spent 8 years living in Europe. So I have a lot of volunteering experience within European multinational communities and picked up a lot of different aspects of appreciation for different cultures. Had the chance to volunteer to assist other families adjust to the new country and learn English / local languages. Shadowed my local dentist for awhile and have medical training / experience from being a medic in the reserves. Volunteer as a first aider in the local community and have experience tutoring in French and assisting students with learning disabilities.
Sounds like you have a great resume, unique set of experiences, and great marks-- Sounds like you're in the Dent Class of 2019... 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm... I suddenly feel an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy... 😉
Sounds like you have a great resume, unique set of experiences, and great marks-- Sounds like you're in the Dent Class of 2019... 🙂
ABP's email:
I understand that you have been in touch with the School of Dental Science at Trinity College Dublin regarding your application... your application has been submitted but no decisions / offers have been made yet...contact our office in California with any further queries.
Still no decisions!?
I understand that you have been in touch with the School of Dental Science at Trinity College Dublin regarding your application... your application has been submitted but no decisions / offers have been made yet...contact our office in California with any further queries.
Still no decisions!?
Last edited:
Are you sure? I just spoke to Robert and he said decisions will be within the next few weeks 🙁It looks like the response I received from one of them is the correct one(the one I posted on page one of this post). Offers for the 4 year are expected to come out this week. 5 year probably next week or mid april. They do have a lot of applications to get through. We just need to have patience, offers will be out before May.
If you just called or emailed him, I would definitely go with what you just heard from Robert, I have not contacted them for quite some time.Are you sure? I just spoke to Robert and he said decisions will be within the next few weeks 🙁
Just try to keep your self busy, i'm sure you guys have exams coming up? I'm busy with work at the lab and sports, so that helps me keep my mind off admissions.
btw i'm 22- just adding to the age group census
Well, like Shamrock said; we all have a good shot at it. Although, there's nothing wrong with a bit of positive encouragement between candidates 🙂.Hopefully 2020 since I don't have a degree yet, but thank you 😉 I sure hope I am in.. Pretty tough to compete with a full fledge pharmacist though so you have great chances too! Im on the younger side of 21
Actually that's why I was drawn to apply through Atlantic bridge in the first place. I like how they assess their applicants on a well-rounded basis-- they don't just look at the numbers. Don't get me wrong, grades are important, but so is individualized experience and extracurricular.
I got a bit nervous reading the other forums (US Atlantic Bridge 2015). I noticed that many people have received med acceptance/rejections already. At least I hope it was Med(?).
Hopefully we'll know soon and I can stop checking my mail 3 times a day...
Wyatt the huge US atlantic bridge forum is for med only. They hear back earlier and have waaay more applicants. I dug back through my old emails and found some stats. So whoever said there were 200 applicants was misinformed, the email said that there are in total 250 students that enter dent, med, and physio programs in ireland with 40% of applicants receiving offers. So they put all the stats together. We all have grwat chances and you all seem like great people, I would love to be able to meet all of you this Fall! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder how many people are lurking on this thread that hasnt made an account haha
^your comment prompted me to come out of hiding haha
I'm 22, will be finished my B.Sc in 3 weeks along with a certificate in liberal arts.
My GPA is pretty low but I think my strengths lie outside of this with my other involvements.
I'm 22, will be finished my B.Sc in 3 weeks along with a certificate in liberal arts.
My GPA is pretty low but I think my strengths lie outside of this with my other involvements.
Last edited:
Well I guess since you called out the lurkers I will join in. I'm 23 still working on my undergrad. I am feeling the waiting now like I'm sure most of you are... seems like an exceptional group of people and I look forward to good news for all of us and getting to meet you guys.
Are most of you Canadian? Would be fun to have some fellow Canucks around If this fall works out!
Everyone cares about stats... and yes that is part of the picture. My question is what draws you guys to dentistry? Of all the careers why this one?
Are most of you Canadian? Would be fun to have some fellow Canucks around If this fall works out!
Everyone cares about stats... and yes that is part of the picture. My question is what draws you guys to dentistry? Of all the careers why this one?
definitely never thought of dentistry until my mentor (a dentist) told me to come by and shadow a bit, loved it thereafter... patient interaction specifically, the art behind the profession and constructive thinking with each patient. Seems like most of us are in the same gpa range, hope we all hear good news! Im a Canuck also!!!
I'm Canadian too (and Canucks as well!! ;-D)
I loved the aspect of aesthetics plus health care, patient interaction, etc. And I am just really into teeth care in general (I really thought about applying to dental hygiene as well, but a lot of people, including the dentist+his whole team discouraged me from doing it..)
I loved the aspect of aesthetics plus health care, patient interaction, etc. And I am just really into teeth care in general (I really thought about applying to dental hygiene as well, but a lot of people, including the dentist+his whole team discouraged me from doing it..)
Has anybody reviewed any old forums to see if anyone with an incomplete undergrad has ever actually been accepted into one of the five year programs?
Has anyone tried calling the atlantic bridge office on when offers will be out?
I just tried to call using google voice, because I do not want to be charged for long distance.
When I called summer picked up, I could hear her speaking but she could not hear me.
-Sam
I just tried to call using google voice, because I do not want to be charged for long distance.
When I called summer picked up, I could hear her speaking but she could not hear me.
-Sam
she said anytime between now and august..most likely mid-AprilHas anyone tried calling the atlantic bridge office on when offers will be out?
I just tried to call using google voice, because I do not want to be charged for long distance.
When I called summer picked up, I could hear her speaking but she could not hear me.
-Sam
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel the odds say that at least one person in this forum would have received an offer and declared it here..... I could be wrong, but my feelings say that perhaps there's a slight misunderstanding Dent2015?...Who told you this?
At least that's what I hope :S
Even if that is true, it will take FedEx 1-2 days to get the letter to your houseFirst round UCC graduate entry offers released today! 5 year program offers made in mid-April.
Unfortunately I didn'r receive an offer 🙁(
No!!! The ABP office emailed me just now because I was asking about it yesterday by email...
Email:
UCC has released their Graduate Entry offers. Unfortunately you have not
received a 1st round offer. Decisions have not yet been taken on the 5 Year programs and we expect those
in mid April.
Email:
UCC has released their Graduate Entry offers. Unfortunately you have not
received a 1st round offer. Decisions have not yet been taken on the 5 Year programs and we expect those
in mid April.
don't worry you still have April 15 for other offers. Stay positiveI read in other threads that the billing statement from Fedex arrived 10 days after the package arrived
If we do not get an offer to the 4 year graduate entry program, I hope we still get considered for the 5 year program.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank-you for clarifying. I'm sorry to hear that; I wish you best of luck for the 5 year program though. I also emailed them yesterday and have not heard back from them via email. I will keep all of you posted!No!!! The ABP office emailed me just now because I was asking about it yesterday by email...
Email:
UCC has released their Graduate Entry offers. Unfortunately you have not
received a 1st round offer. Decisions have not yet been taken on the 5 Year programs and we expect those
in mid April.
Professional Student Line of Credit of 250,000, student bursaries, my savings and the good ol' bank of mom and dad. It also helps that my significant other works as an investment banker, so I'm hoping that will help out in the long run!I have noticed the sheer agony among us lol.. Has anyone started wondering about money yet, or know how they are paying for this?
Also I'm 2 weeks short of 25 years old; I realized I didn't even answer my own question above
Check out the faq document atlantic bridge sent you, has a lot of good informationThank-you for clarifying. I'm sorry to hear that; I wish you best of luck for the 5 year program though. I also emailed them yesterday and have not heard back from them via email. I will keep all of you posted!
"If you have not received an offer by the end of April, your application is considered to be “on reserve.” This means that the
admissions committees have decided that your application is not sufficiently competitive to warrant an offer being extended
to you but not sufficiently weak to reject at that stage in the admissions season. Therefore, they will hold it “on reserve” in
case an applicant withdraws and leaves a seat that can be offered to you later in the admissions season. "
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K