ATSU-AZ Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interested to see what you like and don't like about the program also as an accepted student.
I haven't been to the campus yet, I plan on stopping by when I know about NAU. But to answer your question, I really like the whole person healthcare approach, the campus is beautiful by the virtual tours I saw, facility is nice. Also during my other 2 interviews I had, the professors said that they have some great physical therapist. I also like the community involvement. However, I haven't visited there because of the distance. And I'm not sure how close the other students are with each other. Lastly, the tuition is very very high.
How about you?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't been to the campus yet, I plan on stopping by when I know about NAU. But to answer your question, I really like the whole person healthcare approach, the campus is beautiful by the virtual tours I saw, facility is nice. Also during my other 2 interviews I had, the professors said that they have some great physical therapist. I also like the community involvement. However, I haven't visited there because of the distance. And I'm not sure how close the other students are with each other. Lastly, the tuition is very very high.
How about you?

Awesome, thanks for the response!

I was also drawn to the whole person healthcare approach and from what I've heard from faculty and current students, it's pretty well integrated into the curriculum (when applicable, of course). I didn't have a chance to check out the campus yet (either on the virtual tour or in-person) but I do know students there who say it's a beautiful campus. Is the link to the virtual tour online?

Also, for me service is important and the fact that they just started their own pro bono clinic that the first years observe at and second years lead treatment (with supervision) at is a huge draw for me. Students are also really involved in volunteering in the AZ community which I could see myself doing.

Cost will always be a concern but compared to some of the other private schools I'm looking at (Creighton for example), it's lower in price and seems to be just a bit over the average DPT program cost. Nothing major and I think the perks offset that potential cost increase.

Finally, to answer your question about cohort cohesion, I think most are pretty close. I know they draw a lot of students from the AZ area schools but friends I know there come from the Midwest and say that the school is like a "family" in the sense that while you might not be ~close~ with everyone, you will find support among everyone and the faculty actively want you to succeed. My interviewer said that if you aren't doing too well in classes, they meet with you- not to lecture and punish you for doing poorly but to make sure you are alright and that there isn't anything going on that is causing your class performance to not be as stellar as it could.

I hope that all helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome, thanks for the response!

I was also drawn to the whole person healthcare approach and from what I've heard from faculty and current students, it's pretty well integrated into the curriculum (when applicable, of course). I didn't have a chance to check out the campus yet (either on the virtual tour or in-person) but I do know students there who say it's a beautiful campus. Is the link to the virtual tour online?

Also, for me service is important and the fact that they just started their own pro bono clinic that the first years observe at and second years lead treatment (with supervision) at is a huge draw for me. Students are also really involved in volunteering in the AZ community which I could see myself doing.

Cost will always be a concern but compared to some of the other private schools I'm looking at (Creighton for example), it's lower in price and seems to be just a bit over the average DPT program cost. Nothing major and I think the perks offset that potential cost increase.

Finally, to answer your question about cohort cohesion, I think most are pretty close. I know they draw a lot of students from the AZ area schools but friends I know there come from the Midwest and say that the school is like a "family" in the sense that while you might not be ~close~ with everyone, you will find support among everyone and the faculty actively want you to succeed. My interviewer said that if you aren't doing too well in classes, they meet with you- not to lecture and punish you for doing poorly but to make sure you are alright and that there isn't anything going on that is causing your class performance to not be as stellar as it could.

I hope that all helps!
I looked at some YouTube virtual tour videos. And thanks! I am really drawn to community involvement aspect as well because it helps create networks.

Reactions: 1 users
Dang! I am assuming that is why I haven't gotten an email about an interview. What a bummer that they are already filled. I wonder if a lot of people applied for early decision?
Update they are still giving interviews I just got an invitation and will be interviewing for the waitlist in December!

Update they are still giving interviews I just got an invitation and will be interviewing for the waitlist in December!
When did you apply? I sent in my secondary application October 9th and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get anxious!!

When did you apply? I sent in my secondary application October 9th and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to get anxious!!
I sent my secondary September 26th and I heard back November 5th. I was super anxious so I had emailed Erlinda and she said that since they utilize the waitlist they will still be sending interview invites. She was able to tell me that my application had already been pulled aside as a "recommend to interview." I would suggest emailing them or calling them to find out the status of your application!

Update: I got accepted, 5+ weeks after interviewing.

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for a while since submitting my application a few months ago. I interviewed Oct. 3rd and was accepted today! Congrats to everyone else who was also accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear. I was looking on facebook to see if there was a group created to talk to other accepted students and couldn't find one. Does anyone know if there isn't one on there, or have I not looked hard enough?

So you're telling me I've got to wait 5 weeks to know I am waitlisted, great. Why do they even bother to say "within 2 weeks" then...:mad: Sorry just annoyed at this whole waitlist thing and growing impatient

Members don't see this ad :)
So you're telling me I've got to wait 5 weeks to know I am waitlisted, great. Why do they even bother to say "within 2 weeks" then...:mad: Sorry just annoyed at this whole waitlist thing and growing impatient
I doubt it. Last year when I interviewed for the waitlist I heard back a little over 2 weeks. This year, the excuse erlinda gave me when I interviewed was they were waiting til after November 1 for decisions because of priority agreements with certain schools. They reserve 32 seats for these agreements and were probably waiting for that deadline to pass/make those decisions. I was getting frustrated too and was debating on calling them today to ask for an update.

I doubt it. Last year when I interviewed for the waitlist I heard back a little over 2 weeks. This year, the excuse erlinda gave me when I interviewed was they were waiting til after November 1 for decisions because of priority agreements with certain schools. They reserve 32 seats for these agreements and were probably waiting for that deadline to pass/make those decisions. I was getting frustrated too and was debating on calling them today to ask for an update.
Will you be accepting your spot?

Will you be accepting your spot?
Still got another interview to do and other schools to hear back from, but it’s likely I’ll be taking it.

Per traffic rules programs can't ask for a deposit til Jan 15. So even if we are waitlisted, there wouldn't be any movement until January onwards. So personally, I'm just trying not to think about the decision for ATSU for a while :/

Per traffic rules programs can't ask for a deposit til Jan 15. So even if we are waitlisted, there wouldn't be any movement until January onwards. So personally, I'm just trying not to think about the decision for ATSU for a while :/
You're totally right, never thought about that...Then all the other schools I've applied to are gunna start giving decisions in December with no time to think about it before Jan 15th...the worst is yet to come lol guess I just hope I get in somewhere

You're totally right, never thought about that...Then all the other schools I've applied to are gunna start giving decisions in December with no time to think about it before Jan 15th...the worst is yet to come lol guess I just hope I get in somewhere
Maybe if people email them denying their spots before January they will utilize ththe waitlist earlier.

Update: I got the official word that I have been waitlisted for acceptance. Not the worst news in the world, hoping I get pulled off soon or at least can know which position I am in!

Update: I got the official word that I have been waitlisted for acceptance. Not the worst news in the world, hoping I get pulled off soon or at least can know which position I am in!
I just got the email that I am on the waitlist too! Hopefully we both get a spot!

I received the email as well for being on the waitlist for acceptance. :) So just more waiting lol

Hey everyone, I've been following this thread for a while since submitting my application a few months ago. I interviewed Oct. 3rd and was accepted today! Congrats to everyone else who was also accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear. I was looking on facebook to see if there was a group created to talk to other accepted students and couldn't find one. Does anyone know if there isn't one on there, or have I not looked hard enough?

I was accepted as well and will be attending. From what I heard from Erlinda it sounds like someone will be making a Facebook group after the January 15th deadline so they know who will be attending and who won’t.

I was accepted as well and will be attending. From what I heard from Erlinda it sounds like someone will be making a Facebook group after the January 15th deadline so they know who will be attending and who won’t.
When did you interview and when did you receive acceptance??

Also, congrats! :)

As someone who will also be attending, can you try to send a PM of that group if I happen to miss it once it goes live? Congrats!

I asked Erlinda if she was able to tell us our number on the waitlist and she said no, but once the waitlist is complete(in January or february) she can tell us if we are in the top halfor bottom half of the waitlist.

When did you interview and when did you receive acceptance??

Also, congrats! :)
I applied early decision. My interview was September 11th and i found out i was accepted September 16th. and thanks i hope you get pulled off the wait-list. from what I've heard they typically go pretty deep into the wait-list. so don't give up hope.

Sent my secondary application in on October 7th and still haven't heard anything back about an interview yet. Does anyone know why it is taking them so long to get back to me?

Sent my secondary application in on October 7th and still haven't heard anything back about an interview yet. Does anyone know why it is taking them so long to get back to me?
Their class is already full. I doubt they're still looking for people to interview.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Erlinda said after my interview “if you apply in October, you’re too late.” From a rant about ppl to submit in October.

Any movement on the waitlist yet?

Hate to burst your bubble, but Erlinda said after my interview “if you apply in October, you’re too late.” From a rant about ppl to submit in October.
That's frustrating... especially because the secondary was another $70..

Hi everyone!! I was accepted in October sometime and was wondering if any of you guys were forsure going to be there next year!

I contacted ATSU today and they said my application is still in the review process, which is interesting since it seems like interviews were a couple months ago. Anyone else in the same boat?

I contacted ATSU today and they said my application is still in the review process, which is interesting since it seems like interviews were a couple months ago. Anyone else in the same boat?
Same here. They also replied to my email and it seemed like they were still reviewing applications. :shrug:

Same here. They also replied to my email and it seemed like they were still reviewing applications. :shrug:

I do not think they will be conducting interviews until they clear the waitlist for acceptance out, and from what I understand it is pretty deep already. You probably wont hear anything back until January, around the same time they start moving through the waitlist more.

I declined my acceptance. I am kind of sad. I would have loved to live in the Phoenix area. Someday I will!
Goodluck to all.