Attending Arizona Anyone???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRogoff

Resident Palatal Phallacy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anyone who is attending Arizona next year? Is there anyone out there? Only three people have posted on the acceptance thread. I guess with such a small class size there wouldn't be many of us on SDN, but there has got to be someone???

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people applied but a lot of those people turned the school down. The school has too many uncertainties in spite of its cheerleader. Let's see where the school is 4 years from now.

Before my interview I did have the same uncertainties that many on SDN have. But after being there and talking with the students, faculty, and dean my uncertainties disappeared quickly. They have really put together something special out there, you have to see it to believe it. (And I am not just talking about the amazing facilities!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by swisschez2000
A lot of people applied but a lot of those people turned the school down. The school has too many uncertainties in spite of its cheerleader. Let's see where the school is 4 years from now.

I appreciate your comments and you are correct that it is certainly important where the school is in 4 years.

But just for the record, it isn't logistically possible for "a lot" of people to turn the school down being that they've only given out ~50 acceptances thus far.

You'll see many more cheerleaders in the years to come. And if you'll read my threads, you'll see I'm a cheerleader AND a realist. I couldn't stand to be at school today (for various reasons).

Gavin..

You mind telling me who they are so i can PM them? I want to talk to some future classmates. Oh, wanted to tell you that i signed my admissions agreement today and made it offical!

J,
I have not heard from AZ yet, but last I spoke with them, I am still under consideration. Hope to see you there this July!:rolleyes: :)

Originally posted by succedaneous32
J,
I have not heard from AZ yet, but last I spoke with them, I am still under consideration. Hope to see you there this July!:rolleyes: :)

Keep hanging in there, good things come to those who wait!

A school message board? Sounds good! Thanks gavin!

I was browsing the interview feedback section and noticed Arizona is no longer there. Does anyone know why?

It was taken off due to a violation of TOS. If you have any questions about it I will be more than happy to answer them, I was just there about 2 weeks ago.

What is TOS and who violated it? It makes sense to me that there should be a user assigned to each of their interview experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by accidental
What the hell is TOS and who violated it? It makes sense to me that there should be a user assigned to each of their interview experiences.

No more questions for me, I asked all my questions already - I was just curious why it wasn't there. Is it coming back or not?

Terms Of Service

From what I hear someone said that Arizona had too many Mormons in the class. Most agree this is not appropriate for the interview feedback forum but at the same time did not warrant the removal of the entire forum.

This is shown at the bottom of the 'Post-Interview Feedback school selection screen':

The Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health has been removed from the Dental School Interview Feedback section out of respect for their limited-question interview process.

I guess they have some specific questions (probably of situational type) that they ask to each interviewee and they don't want people who have access to SDN post-interview feedback(and probably these questions) to have the unfair advantage.

Originally posted by The Musketeer
This is shown at the bottom of the 'Post-Interview Feedback school selection screen':

The Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health has been removed from the Dental School Interview Feedback section out of respect for their limited-question interview process.

I guess they have some specific questions (probably of situational type) that they ask to each interviewee and they don't want people who have access to SDN post-interview feedback(and probably these questions) to have the unfair advantage.

Reminds me of......

Reminds me of Nazi Germany......

That seems like a bit of a stretch, but ok.

There has been many threads about this subject, i suggest doing a search. I don't think anyone knows who actually pulled the thread. I don't think its that big of a deal though, if you have a question about the interview just simply post and i am sure plenty of people are more than willing to help you out.

Originally posted by JRogoff
There has been many threads about this subject, i suggest doing a search. I don't think anyone knows who actually pulled the thread. I don't think its that big of a deal though, if you have a question about the interview just simply post and i am sure plenty of people are more than willing to help you out.

Very silly in my opinion, but if there were comments that have no need to be in there then just remove those.

Why would a school complain about a website posting their questions? They need to suck it up and if people want to talk about the questions they were asked then they should.

Seems very weak on behalf of the school. This alone might show signs that the school will have a lot of "political" issues between the faculty and students.

***I do not go there, do not know much about the school, and this is only my opinion***

It stinks that it was removed, i agree. But i don't think you can assign blame. The only thing we can do is use the discussion boards for interview feedback instead.

Originally posted by JRogoff
It stinks that it was removed, i agree. But i don't think you can assign blame. The only thing we can do is use the discussion boards for interview feedback instead.

I think this is turning into a classic case of "no publicity is bad publicity".

Personally, I am tired of it.

Your right, it does not bother me and Maybe i do have "ostrich syndrome" I guess its because i got in there. This is not to say that you couldn't, just pointing out that i might be a bit biased. Hopefully they will add Arizona back on for the 2005 applicants.

Originally posted by ShawnOne
I think this is turning into a classic case of "no publicity is bad publicity".

Personally, I am tired of it.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Two things:

1) Answers to all interview questions were posted. This includes a RANK ORDER LIST of answers (ie, the order they ought to be given in) to a group activity that the administration feels is important to the interview process.

Such a posting doesn't help applicants who have interviewed prior to the information being posted. What it does, however, is gives an extremely unfair advantage in certain areas to applicants who read/memorized the information.

2) Multiple highly unethical comments were posted regarding race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation. Such comments have nothing to do with the school and have no place in the feedback.

I would like to see the feedback come back, and I wholly believe that feedback on the interview process, the school, the faculty, the city, etc. is important to future applicants. Some of the information that was posted was extremely slanderous, as well as detrimental to the interview process that the administration had created.

Personally, I'd like to see the feedback section have *some* accountability to it. As it stands now, there isn't any. Of course, the anonymity is important for posters as well.

accidental, by the way, I fully understand the statement that you are making, but I think you're missing the larger picture. The larget picture, being that the interview feedback is a way for candidates and perspective candidates to find out information about schools.

In your case, though, you live just down the road from the school, you've met me, you've met the Dean of the school, and you've met other students. It sounds like you have good access to all the information you probably want and/or need. The doors are always open, and you're welcome to stop by whenever you want. In fact, you could come on an interview day and speak to the applicants as they are leaving.

Other people may not be as fortunate to have your circumstances, but you are, hence I don't understand your efforts in making your point.

Some people call this ostrich syndrome - just stick your head in the sand and then there's no problems.

The interview feedback is there for a reason and I don't think it is any of AZ's business what people put on it unless they have some kind of affiliation with SDN. If they had no worries about letting the school speak for itself they would not concern themselves with what people are posting. This really bothers me if you can't tell.

SDN's policy:

We accept advertising as a means to support the operating costs of the SDN. However, advertisers do not have any oversight or input on the content of SDN. Additionally, SDN has regular contact with many organizations within the medical education community. However, SDN serves as an independent site and has no direct relationship with any school, professional organization, or company, other than its parent organization, The Coastal Research Group a 501(c)(3) charitable educational organization.

Originally posted by larryt
SDN's policy:

We accept advertising as a means to support the operating costs of the SDN. However, advertisers do not have any oversight or input on the content of SDN. Additionally, SDN has regular contact with many organizations within the medical education community. However, SDN serves as an independent site and has no direct relationship with any school, professional organization, or company, other than its parent organization, The Coastal Research Group a 501(c)(3) charitable educational organization.

Guess this answers the question of who didn't pull the thread.

I admit, I am probably concerning myself a little too much about this.....but that's what message boards are all about.
Accidental what do you think this is? America? ;)

I admit, I am probably concerning myself a little too much about this.....but that's what message boards are all about.

Yet another nail hit on the head.

When i start in July i will get to the bottom of this, you have my word accidental!

I'm not so sure there's much to get to the bottom of.

As I said before, Arizona has a role/group activity that they feel is important, and people were posting the rank order answers to that activity.

This really isn't that much of an issue, but it's fun to discuss.

I was kidding about getting to the bottom of it, i was just throwing accidental a bone. I agree with you gavin because someone in my group for that exercise knew all the answers. He said it was because he was an eagle scout, which might be true. People need to stop stressing about interviewing at Arizona without knowing anything about it. All i did was be myself and everything went great, especially because i got in!

Question for Gavin.....

I was wondering about what laptops we are given? What series dell did you guys get? I know that $2000 out of the budget is spent on it, but since they are bought in a group do you get a better one then what $2000 would normally get you? I just want to get a feeling out what i'm going to be working with. I hope its sometihing kick A$$ to last me all 4 years. (and still be considered fast i mean)

Question for Gavin.....

I was wondering about what laptops we are given? What series dell did you guys get? I know that $2000 out of the budget is spent on it, but since they are bought in a group do you get a better one then what $2000 would normally get you? I just want to get a feeling out what i'm going to be working with. I hope its sometihing kick A$$ to last me all 4 years. (and still be considered fast i mean)

^^^^

That is weird, don't know why it double posted???:confused:

J,

You guys will be getting much better boxes than we got. Ours are about the junkiest things you've ever seen. I highly doubt that the school will make that error twice. I'd expect for you guys to get some really nice machines.

I don't know exactly what type, since each incoming class will have a newer edition than the previous class.