Attention all USC class of 2006!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
june 15th/16th is not good for neither steve nor i. we have midterms that week and will be studying.

about the anatomy labs... starting from the first trimester, you will be expected to go into lab once a week. there you will get a chance to see the anatomy of the organs that are involved in your case. and yes, the bodies are pre-cut (but don't worry, you'll get a chance to cut when the time comes). there will be a doctor there to point out what everything is and how things work. i believe attendance will be mandatory, so make sure to go during your assigned time.

Members don't see this ad.

hey i thought this thread was dead! I guess not...

Anyhow, bbq is cool....i'll be there for sho. But not on 15/16....will be busy studying or cramming. For me later would be better...maybe near aug so people from out of state can join the 'dark side' too....

ANd no....NO ONE can teach shaq to hit the free throws...but it don't matter cuz Nets can't hang with the Lakers anyway.....I say Lakers will take it at game 4! Sweep it baby!

Hey Mark, do you know if 3A rubber dam clamp is the same as regular 3? I went to UCLA to buy clamps and young's frame and they didn't have 3A, just 3. They didn't have any 212 either....the guy said he'd never heard of such a clamp....odd...but at least I got the 26N...

Man it's gonna be hard to make ends meet with me spending so much $$ on $upplie$!!! damn

steve

to answer the question about anatomy lab your first semester.....

many cases from your first and second semester will cover major/minor organs such as liver, esophagus, trachea, kidney, lungs, thorasic cavity etc etc etc....i don't know how you guys will be scheduled for the lab but for us, it was everyother week (i think??) the first semester and second semester, they gave us specific dates to go in. you don't just go in randomly to the morgue to look at cadavers...the timing will more ore less coincide with the case you're involved with. So for your second semester, when you cover kidney, you will go to the anatomy lab around the time you are doing the case....note this is NOT necessarily during the case..it may be after the case, but before the midterm. By the time you guys come, the attendance should be mandatory. As for the bodies being pre-cut...pre cut is an understatement. Those cadavers are all cut up.....they are left over cadavers after the med students have gotten their hands on them...the first time i saw these bodies, some of the muscles and etc looked like shredded beef cuz they were so cut up. But the major organs such as kidney and liver are there and you can pick them up and look at all the parts/impressions/vascularization of the organ. Good enough.....but honestly i thought it was a waste of time for me...cuz all the exam questions were straight out of Netter's anatomy and I could have just memorized the book....but to see the actual organ does help in memorizing the parts a bit...

steve

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys! I haven't been on in awhile b/c I've been busy working 3 jobs...yeah crazy I know and I have NO time to relax/sleep, but I need $ to get me out there! Anyway, I was excited to get the email saying that all of our info was sent out today b/c I want to get this whole process under way. I'm currently planning the trip out and will be there by Aug 10th. See ya'll when I get there! :p

Hey Regina,
What email did you get? I didn't get any email.
Is it regarding the list of students looking for roomates and housing?
I sent in the form, hopefully i am on that list,
Vince

It was just an email saying that they were going to send the mail out on Friday. Nothing big, so if you didn't get it, you're not missing out.

hey guys,

a bbq in august sounds good to me... i'll be back in LA then. i recently moved to the palms area, so if anybody ends up living in that area, let me know. what's everybody up to this summer? what are we going to do during the whole 1 1/2 weeks orientation?

about buying books, what does everybody think? of course, it might be kind premature right now... but...?

take care!

vivigirl